Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Ryan's position for the Palace penalty

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It was very obvious watching from the North that it was mind games. But I was expecting him to take a step just as the penalty was taken to put himself in the middle, but he didn't :shrug:

I thought he did move over to the middle just before the ball was kicked then dived back on himself? I'll have to watch it again.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I saw a pen probably a month or two ago, in the Football League, I think it was.

The taker dinked it straight down the middle and the keeper just stayed on the spot and caught it.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can't believe keepers still dive left against Harry Kane penalties.

He hits them bloody well to be fair, so even if the keeper goes the same way the chances of getting anything on them is minimal. But I was mildly irritated by Ryan flopping to his left this season when facing up to one. FFS, he ALWAYS hits them left.

Exactly. Go that way and if Kane puts it the other side then fair enough !

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
I remember reading, when I used to play goalie in my younger days, that the great Man C and Man U goalkeeper Frank Swift used to do it all the time against penalties. He was huge with great hands and it was always to tempt the taker into the large gap (no point in the double bluff, IMHO, especially if you're as small as Ryan is). Anyway most of the time it worked for Swift even though he'd left a large gap. Those palms were so large he was known to take balls booted into the area with one hand! Sadly lost to us at Munich in 1958.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here