Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit – what will happen?

Brexit – what will happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Whatever ultimately happens surely May can't remain as PM if her deal is not voted through?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
as we speak right now there are 19 member states that use the euro as their currency out of the 28, so why if we as a nation decide to remain after all will we have to relinquish our currency? I think your assumption is somewhat misguided. This is because under current legislation we and Denmark are legally exempt from taking the euro as our currency.

But if we Leave and return later,we are classed as a new member and must adopt the Euro.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And you think those snidey ******** in Brussels will allow that without some sort of punishment, then you are living a very deluded life.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Punishment for what? I doubt the EU gives much of a stuff if we leave or stay, so why would there be any comeback? It – like the rest of the world – just wants an end to the whole sorry affair. When the whole thing gets binned, life will carry on and it won't be in their interests to 'punish' a member state for anything.

I do wonder what people will talk about after March, or whenever the decision to remain is taken. It certainly seems to consume an awful lot of people!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And you think those snidey ******** in Brussels will allow that without some sort of punishment, then you are living a very deluded life.

Let me get this right because, you know, it's looking a little bit hatstand Brian.

You're saying that our "punishment" for doing what the EU actually want us to do would be us losing our currency? Which is impossible. So what are you trying to say?

I might be a little confused here. You think the laws on sovereign currencies are just here for your amusement? Is that it?

Punished how Brian? You're a funny guy....

347ae9bbf99366aad885ab7832d07a81.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was thinking of asking exactly the same questions myself today, when I was at work (work being at the tremendous forefront of my mind at the moment, obvs). Top work, Trig punk:

And the most likely outcome is obvious innit.

My view, actually, is that as a remainer, I am actually impressed with Mrs May's sense of duty, and her willingness to carry this accursed torch high above her head, even though she walks forth into an ever deeper and more shark infested cesspool. There is something a little mad about this, but it has nobility. I would almost be inclined to say 'support her plan, FFS - its what was inevitable so stop being so ****ish'. Except that I think it is more important to not leave than it is to allow my admiration for Mrs May to sway my judgement.

As for the rest, from gormless clueless Corbyn, to metrosexual sneery London Blairites, through to bonkers old Etonians like Moggy, to self serving narcissist Old Etonians like Boris, and the pastry-faced Old Etonion whose Faustian pact started all this madness, this shit shower needs to get into the sea right now. Shameful, disgraceful TRAITORS, willing to trash the place for the sake of narrow party interest.

I agree with a lot of what you say and TM has certainly gone up in my estimation through this whole cluster***.

However, she's a big girl and knew exactly what she was doing when she let her ambition outweigh her common sense and took the job after the referendum. I think we both knew how it would pan out.

You are sure that your assessment of her is completely objective, aren't you Harry :wink:

Last edited:

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Let me get this right because, you know, it's looking a little bit hatstand Brian.

You're saying that our "punishment" for doing what the EU actually want us to do would be us losing our currency? Which is impossible. So what are you trying to say?

I might be a little confused here. You think the laws on sovereign currencies are just here for your amusement? Is that it?

Punished how Brian? You're a funny guy....

347ae9bbf99366aad885ab7832d07a81.jpg
When I talk of punishment I refer to the fact that we actually had the audacity to try to leave because that goes all the crooked EU stands for. It's got nothing to do with currency.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I doubt the EU gives much of a stuff if we leave or stay

The EU are desperate for the UK to stay. Firstly we contribute a significant slice of the budget and secondly, countries leaving the EU diminishes the whole construct and certainly opens the door for others to potentially follow the UK out of the exit.

Secondly, if we leave without a deal it puts at risk the 39 billion Euro settlement and the EU deperately needs the first traunche of that money pretty much immediately to balance next year's budget.

If it looks like we may leave without a deal, the smart move for the EU would be to offer enhanced terms that could get through the UK Parliament, but I doubt if there exists either the political will or the legislative time for that to happen. So it is out we go without a deal and see if the sky falls in on our heads...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
, I am actually impressed with Mrs May's sense of duty, and her willingness to carry this accursed torch high above her head, even though she walks forth into an ever deeper and more shark infested cesspool. There is something a little mad about this, but it has nobility.

To borrow from the famous Lord Tennyson poem

Someone had blundered.
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
Into the valley of Death
Rode Mrs May.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I don't think it will happen at all. The big question now is, if we remain will things carry on as they were before 2016? I'm not sure that will work (will the other countries let us?).

I also don't want the hardcore leavers or remainers to feel like they have 'won'. Maybe the best solution would be to remain but then throw our lot in with the central and eastern european countries that are disrupting the EU from within already. That way both sides could feel like a kind of victory has occurred.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The EU are desperate for the UK to stay. Firstly we contribute a significant slice of the budget and secondly, countries leaving the EU diminishes the whole construct and certainly opens the door for others to potentially follow the UK out of the exit.

Secondly, if we leave without a deal it puts at risk the 39 billion Euro settlement and the EU deperately needs the first traunche of that money pretty much immediately to balance next year's budget.

If it looks like we may leave without a deal, the smart move for the EU would be to offer enhanced terms that could get through the UK Parliament, but I doubt if there exists either the political will or the legislative time for that to happen. So it is out we go without a deal and see if the sky falls in on our heads...

So you think they need us more than we need them ???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So you think they need us more than we need them ???

Why? You'll have to point out where I wrote that.

I certainly think if you asked the EU which country they would like least to leave, the UK would feature in the top 3 for various economic and political resons.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
for 28 months now.

Having watched and enjoyed '28 Days Later' and it's sequel '28 Weeks Later', in which The UK basically becomes an isolated island cut off from the rest of the world with it's people intent on destroying it and themselves, not only was it not quite what I'd thought, but I also never realised I'd be actually physically living through the third installment '28 Months Later'.

The 'infected' in this one are far more terrifying and crazed than in the preceding two.

brexit-728586.jpg

28dayslater.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why? You'll have to point out where I wrote that.

I certainly think if you asked the EU which country they would like least to leave, the UK would feature in the top 3 for various economic and political resons.

Of course, but we are 1/6th of their economy. Anything other than remaining is complete f***ing madness.
(I'm sorry in that a lot of what you say on other subjects I agree with, but I honestly believe that anyone who doesn’t want to stay at this point is a moron. (drink may have been taken)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think that the whole thing will fail badly and send this country into meltdown and turmoil.
Cameron, May, Johnson and Rees Mogg will be rounded up and dragged through the streets to the Tower Of London.
Hoisted up onto Traitors Gate they will be hung, drawn and quartered, their entrails dangling down with their blood and guts floating down the Thames.
Farage wil be in the stocks for 2 days allowing any passer by to piss in his face.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Remain favoured as by 81% of Albion fans

Though, last one most likely with EEA / EFTA Norway style deal.

There is a majority in parliament for this, though Brexdreamists will hate it

is this so? this would mean committing to withdrawal agreement, then negotiation towards ~Norway relation. there isnt an option to go from current to ~Norway. also losing the customs union would be against the current Labour policy so i wonder if there is really a majority.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Of course, but we are 1/6th of their economy. Anything other than remaining is complete f***ing madness.
(I'm sorry in that a lot of what you say on other subjects I agree with, but I honestly believe that anyone who doesn’t want to stay at this point is a moron. (drink may have been taken)

Fair enough. Just for the record, I didn't say whether I wanted to stay or leave. I was just responding to a post that claimed the EU didn't care whether we did or not. I believe they would very much like us to stay.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I don't think it will happen at all. The big question now is, if we remain will things carry on as they were before 2016? I'm not sure that will work (will the other countries let us?).

I also don't want the hardcore leavers or remainers to feel like they have 'won'. .

I don't think there are any winners here and subsequently we are all losers with the money wasted on this dream apart from maybe those who gambled on currency markets around June 2016.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here