Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trivial things about footballers that really annoy you but shouldn't

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Another vote for the Grealish shin pads plus throwing in gloves with short sleeved shirts and kissing TV cameras during goal celebrations

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Praying as the walk onto the pitch.

No. As an athiest, that doesn't bother me.

Makes them look a bit twattish, but, hey ho.

Kissing the badge, all day long, for me. I had to punctuate that carefully, note.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
In conjunction with the sleeves that weird look on Salah's face when his team mates mob him. Difficult to describe but just deeply annoying.

Jack Grealish's haircut and how he wears his socks. It just screams ' clatter me '.

Adam El Abd would have snapped Grealish in two !

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Blowing the snot from their nose straight onto the pitch. Haven't they heard of handkerchiefs? If a snot sprayed pitch isn't incentive enough for Zaha to stay on his feet, I don't know what is.

Agree. Turns my stomach to see it. Even more than all the spitting.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Hoisting their shorts right up to their groins. What for? To show off their lovely, muscly thighs? Our Glen has been guilty of this in the past. Watching Ronaldo do it makes me want to puke. Don’t try and be like Ronaldo, Glen - you’re better than that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Non black boots
T shirts with messages (sometimes worn for weeks before being appropriate)
Mobbing the goal scorer (esp in non league)
Goalkeepers going up for corners

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Blowing the snot from their nose straight onto the pitch. Haven't they heard of handkerchiefs? If a snot sprayed pitch isn't incentive enough for Zaha to stay on his feet, I don't know what is.

But do their shorts have pockets in which to pop hankies?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Jack Grealish's stupid haircut
The 'sucking the thumb' celebration
Bleached hair/Very light highlights (Knockaert, Bissouma and Traore come to mind)
Tiny shin pads (Nearly three years later and I'm STILL angry about it)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Taking time to place the ball a billimetre within the quadrant for a corner in order to try and be clever by using the 'whole of the ball over whole of the line' b0ll0x.

Stick it in the quadrant, or even on the line and kick the ####er. A few billimeteres ain't gonna change nowt.

yes, what the fudge advantage do they think they get?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
But do their shorts have pockets in which to pop hankies?

Until one of the kit designers has the foresight to incorporate a little handkerchief pocket in the design of the shorts would it be too much to expect for the players to just pop a hanky into the cuff of their sleeve if they know they're going to need it.

If Lineker had done that he would at least have had something to wipe his arse on when he shat himself on the pitch during the 1990 World Cup instead of having to wipe himself on the grass.

Last edited:

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Throwing the ball down for a free kick with back-spin, but not nearly enough to bring it back to where the kick shoukd actually be taken

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
When they're being interviewed on tv in that press corner after the match - they're always effing around with one of their ears. Stop it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
edf50553ca942d21ad1f01934e7d2ed1.jpg

This image says it all.
He's the Phillip Schofield of tv, anything about this bloke just winds me up.
To quote OF&H: He's got a face like Cliff Richard, a face you want to slap..............

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Using the word 'Obviously' countless times during post-match interviews.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
More managers this one; when a top side is playing a much lower one in either stature. league position or both, the press conference is "A tough challenge, not going to be easy".

Rhubarb..."We're going to batter this bunch of no-hopers".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here