Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] King and Queen for the Iiverpool game

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Purely in numbers terms, for all those who watch football live in a stadium every other weekend, there are many millions more who watch football avidly on BT, Sky and MOTD. For them, it is a TV show and always was.

There's also a particular historical aspect in Sussex. Just 7 years ago the Albion played in a stadium with 8,000 gates. Out of a conurbation of 300,000 people and 1,600,000 in the county. We on NSC might have been going to Withdean, but most football loving people in the county had little interest. Brighton's parks had kids running around with Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal and Liverpool tops on. This has changed massively in the Chris Hughton era, but it will take a generation at least for the Albion to dominate families.

Finally, through work, our kids schools, friends, friends of friends, I know loads of blokes and their kids in Brighton and Hove who are diehard fans of Arsenal and Chelsea. Some go to their occasional games, some share s/t's and others never go at all. A few go to Albion Amex matches of late, as their second club. I'm talking large numbers, which isn't surprising in a 300,000 city and after 25 years of Sky and Champions League hype. If someone from NSC told them to support the Albion instead, they'd tell them to mind their own business.
The 8000 figure for Withdean is inaccurate. The club released figures ages ago that showed well over 20,000 unique Albion fans. We all know that Withdean was intolerable for many people, so that figure is very good. The unique situation we, as a club, found ourselves in, also played a part in keeping numbers down around the city and Sussex in general.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is it tolerant and rational because it aligns with your viewpoint, which in this case is a minority one?

Even if posts are 'irrational' as you say, based on an entirely irrational video it's no surprise.

Your hate of scousers and Liverpool FC shown by your hateful posts on any thread where they get a mention, was obviously there, long before the King & Queen ever got a mention on NSC. Be honest about that. Allying yourself to others mentioning glory hunting, plastics or anything similar, is entirely false, as you have very little spiteful to say on Sussex based fans of Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal. Sad for you that the bitterness occupies wasted mental energy,

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Your hate of scousers and Liverpool FC shown by your hateful posts on any thread where they get a mention, was obviously there, long before the King & Queen ever got a mention on NSC. Be honest about that. Allying yourself to others mentioning glory hunting, plastics or anything similar, is entirely false, as you have very little spiteful to say on Sussex based fans of Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal. Sad for you that the bitterness occupies wasted mental energy,

Absolute drivel. My stance is the same for those 'supporting' any MEGA SIX side as you would have known if you had any knowledge of my posting history. My 'hate' as you so describe is evenly distributed between them all, unlike your affinity which appears not so evenly distributed :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
on the king and queen, i do think it's the only pub in brighton which to some degree actually replicates a goldstone north stand style match day experience. Yes, it's on tv, but, you get to stand, belt out songs through the game and on occasion go mosh pit crazy, lob your beer in the end and finish up 4 metres away lying on top of a sweaty stranger. The (at least) 10 best football experiences i've had when i haven't been at the ground have all been in there.

image.jpeg

wtf?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
[yt]LWhU3BmNk1A[/yt]

This is the "Brighton Kop" that [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] is referring to. Personally I think its one of the most tragic, cringeworthy, embarrassing things in football I have ever seen. If this bunch of Sky Sports brainwashed plastic red mingmongs are packing out the King and Queen again on Sunday, in their JJB shirts with their FAKE fandom for a team thats 300-odd miles away who they never turn up to watch, then I hope there's a sizable contingent of stripes down there bellowing "WE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL TEAM" right in their FACES all afternoon. Making some of them leave.

In tears.

"The channel flicks over and then it all kicks in" - My god, if only there was a live football match somewhere to go to. The excitement might kill them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
People have their own reasons for choosing a team, perhaps Liverpool was forced on them?

While i think they are massively missing out by not going to games and not enjoying the real football atmosphere. They possibly have their reason and they are happy with that.

We live 10,000 miles away from Brighton but my kids are Brighton fans and frankly i wouldn't have it any other way. That said if Geelong gets and A league team we will get involved in that.

They have both been to the Amex more that that lot have probably been to Anfield though.

I am a bit conflicted in this but i actually feel sorry for them. What was it Danny Baker said about the 'poor half alive fools'

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Why would you want to drink in a pub full of wannabe scouse bin dippers .Not only that i cant see us getting a result and to see them celebrating would wind anyone up.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is there ever going to be any coverage of anything to do with Brighton that DOESNT feature gays? How is a couple of gays among a group people who support a football team the main focus. It makes it look like the whole crew is bent. I don't care if they are but is it really the whole story.

And the bit at the end where the guy says "we've got a letter from the club (LFC) WITH A SIGNATURE ON IT which says were the real deal" that is the most tragic, needy thing I will hear today.

Is there ever going to be any coverage of anything to do with Brighton that DOESNT feature gays? How is a couple of gays among a group people who support a football team the main focus. It makes it look like the whole crew is bent. I don't care if they are but is it really the whole story.

And the bit at the end where the guy says "we've got a letter from the club (LFC) WITH A SIGNATURE ON IT which says were the real deal" that is the most tragic, needy thing I will hear today.

At least the gay mafia have not hijacked the eurovision song contest. #eurorocks.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Won’t be long before the King & Queen is renamed because it is not “inclusive”...:

K&Q&L&G&T&B&....&Scousers

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If someone wants to support Liverpool whilst living in Brighton, fair enough. I'm not better than them because I choose to support my local team. It might mean I have a deeper connection and more intense experiences (for better and worse), but you support who you support
You are better than them. Whatever faults you may have as a human being, you are better than them in this regard.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here