Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Saturday be your first Premier League game?

Will this Saturday be your first Premier League game?

• Yes!

Votes: 74 39.8%
  • Nope, I've been to other teams' games

Votes: 112 60.2%

• Total voters

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Was it the following season when Norwich knocked a star-studded Bayern team out of Europe?

Yes, I think it must have been. Links back nicely to the posts above about Arsenal's annual failures, what they'd give to have Norwich's success :lolol:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
When did the PL start ? Went to Manure V Saints back in the late 80's. Lee Sharpe made his debut at 17 that day. Makes me feel old !! Put first game as I'm sure it was Division 1 back then

el punal

My first Premier League game. I'm not overly excited by it to be honest, although I'm obviously pleased that we've got there.

The previous few seasons, and especially last season, makes me realise just how much I miss regular Saturday 3pm games.

We didn't have that many Saturday 3.00pm kick offs last season or the one before that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Had never thought about this. Blagged all these, most in hospitality...

Wimbledon v Newcastle United (at S*lh*rst), 3-3, 1995
Spurs v Arsenal (dire 0-0), Spurs v Liverpool (0-2), 1995-7
Arsenal v Boro, Arsenal v ??, 2000-ish
Chelsea v West Brom (4-0), Chelsea v Boro, 2004/5-ish

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
2nd for me. Went to Tottenham v West Ham in 1994 for some obscure reason.

Surprised that "no" seems to be winning.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm a Brighton fan, but also a football fan. So I've been to loads to see different teams over the years. In fact, the only Prem grounds I've not been to are Watford and Swansea.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Went to Highbury many times with my best mate. Saw the mighty Dennis Bergkamp in the flesh - so to speak. Him and Vicente (yes, when he played for us) are the best players I've seen Live.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I would hope the vast majority will say yes its my first but then we do have a lot of hangers on now.

Being a football fan in general and going to one midweek Southampton game while I was at University there doesn't make me an Albion "hanger on" :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

That's currently 70% who voted NO.:ohmy:

Are these our Plastic fans???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yep.

I pretty much only follow the Albion; outside the top 7, I doubt I could name more than 1 player per side, and for some clubs, not even that. I expect that situation will change during the course of this season.

As an example, I hadn't heard of any of our signings this close season prior to them joining us. Naturally, I'm now an expert on all of them, especially Ryan, as I've seen him play.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We didn't have that many Saturday 3.00pm kick offs last season or the one before that.

I know we didn't, which is exactly why I mentioned the previous few seasons as that's when things began to go downhill - especially last season (16 times on TV I think it was).

No.

Went to Charlton's last game in Premier League at Liverpool with Liverpool friend on Charlton supporters' coach and sat in away end! Very good match 2-2, which Charlton should have won.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I've been to Chelsea vs Villa a few years ago as mate had a very cheap ticket going, and I was at Earl's Court already (so round the corner). Looking up the score, Chelsea won 3-0 in a season where they completely bossed the league. Remember Villa looking very out of their depth, but not a lot else.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I've seen 3, all in Southampton.

Stains v Coventry, at the Dell in the away end with [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] and [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION].
Stains v Ipswich. A mate really wanted to go, but didn't want to go on their own. I had nothing better to do and tickets were cheap.
Stains v Sheffield Utd. Ticket was free and I was bored...

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No

Stamford Bridge a couple of times with a former client
Highbury with a relative, and then when a group of us were in London for a 5 a side tournament from Jersey (one 'tasty' game - Saints I think, Glenn Cockerill got punched in the face and had his jaw broken)
Emirates using a mate's season tickets a few times
Old Trafford once, again a mate's season tickets (he lives in Kent, obviously [emoji23][emoji23])
Craven Cottage with a pal who offered me a ticket
White Hart Lane on a work trip a few years ago

None compare remotely with the pant-wetting excitement of this Saturday and this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here