Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Tony Bloom to step down?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
i don't think Bloom should go , what he has done for this "club" is fantastic but there clearly has been a lack of any footballing nouse at high level ,

Pedant alert. 'Nous' is spelled without an e.

From Greek νοῦς, mind, as employed in perceiving and thinking; sense, wit.

May be a little thing, but for some of us, it's like looking at 'were loose'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So do you think this season is a mess?

How much of that would you put down to the chairman.

1: Yes, we've been crap. Just like we've been crap in many of the seasons I've watched the Albion.

2: None. The players have either underperformed, been injured or have failed to settle in. The likes of Ward and Clayton went for more money elsewhere. We can't compete with a PL club on wages (Ward) and Clayton's agent negotiated a better deal with Boro. Good luck to him.

Also to not correctly read the quote and then post on it is also just stupid. I didn't say that about this season if you bother to look at the quote I was replying to

Ive reread your post and I still don't understand how you can make the comment "chances are we will go down" The chances are we won't. As others have said the bookies will give you good odds on us getting relegated, so there's your chance to get some free money if you seriously think we will go down.

And I can tell you exactly why 78% of season ticket holders (including me) renewed.

It's because they - we - are supporters. That's what supporters do, they support. We might moan and complain but most of us don't jump ship simply because things aren't going well. Supporting the Albion always has been and always will be a mixture of good and bad. For most of our existence there has been more bad than good, but for me, and I suspect most supporters (and I use that word deliberately as opposed to fans or followers or customers) the good times more than outweigh the bad.

Anyone looking for a team that is going to be winning most of the time is in the wrong place.

D

Deleted member 22389

The Buck has to stop with Tony Bloom.

There is no doubt he is a very clever business man, but when it comes to running a football club, other than throwing money at it and building property, I think he lacks the skills to run one.

His failure to hold onto managers, and then take so long in appointing the next one, is part of the reason we are in the mess we are. Not once, but twice. He's gambled and lost. We fans see the job as the best outside the Premiership, but the last three managers walked away (well Poyet tried to but got beaten to it!!)

He has failed in his recruitment both on and off the pitch.

There is absolutely no doubt without his money we would not be where we are today. But he threw money at it, got us a new stadium and training ground and for that we have to be ever grateful. But is that all his is, a cash cow, can he actually run a football club? I starting to doubt it.

The club is in free fall.

The squad is not performing.

The entertainment value is about 1/10.

We have the 3rd/4th manager (depending on your view) who is playing negative, boring football. Could he not have appointed someone with different ideas to the last couple.

Is it time for Tony Bloom to give up his control and become a fan again.

I think this close season, and the rest of the year, is make or break for him. We have to go all in, or bust. Because if the decline continues at the rate it is, we will just fade away and all the hard work will be for nothing.

Let's hope Millwall or Rotherham do us a favour!

I think we are safe. But somethings got to change!

If you where Tony Bloom would you give up ownership of your club?

D

Deleted member 22389

Ive reread your post and I still don't understand how you can make the comment "chances are we will go down" The chances are we won't. As others have said the bookies will give you good odds on us getting relegated, so there's your chance to get some free money if you seriously think we will go down.

And I can tell you exactly why 78% of season ticket holders (including me) renewed.

It's because they - we - are supporters. That's what supporters do, they support. We might moan and complain but most of us don't jump ship simply because things aren't going well. Supporting the Albion always has been and always will be a mixture of good and bad. For most of our existence there has been more bad than good, but for me, and I suspect most supporters (and I use that word deliberately as opposed to fans or followers or customers) the good times more than outweigh the bad.

Anyone looking for a team that is going to be winning most of the time is in the wrong place.

I have renewed for next season, I always would whatever division we are in. I have been a bit of bad supporter and not bothered to turn up to the last two matches, because I need a break, it's a re-finding my passion mission.

Your right anyone looking for a team that always wins should go and support Arsenal, Man Utd and the others. I was saying to my wife last night, none of these premiership fans have ever experienced bad times. I wonder how many would still be supporting if they went on a bad run.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1: Yes, we've been crap. Just like we've been crap in many of the seasons I've watched the Albion.

2: None. The players have either underperformed, been injured or have failed to settle in. The likes of Ward and Clayton went for more money elsewhere. We can't compete with a PL club on wages (Ward) and Clayton's agent negotiated a better deal with Boro. Good luck to him.

How do Bournemouth and Middlesborough compete? Your refusal to accept that anything at all is amiss at the Albion is possibly due to the fact that you appear to be too close to the hierarchy of the club. I can understand you not wanting to upset them but it does take away some of your credibility on here. It seems that Barber uses you as his mouthpiece on here.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How do Bournemouth and Middlesborough compete? Your refusal to accept that anything at all is amiss at the Albion is probably due to the fact that you are too close to the hierarchy of the club. I can understand you not wanting to upset them but it does take away some of your credibility on here.

1: How does 'we've been crap' suggest I think things are rosy?

2: Boro made Clayton a bigger priority than we did. We instead are paying COG £15,000 a week, an amount other clubs who were interested in him refused to match.

3: How am I close to the club hierarchy?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Pedant alert. 'Nous' is spelled without an e.

From Greek νοῦς, mind, as employed in perceiving and thinking; sense, wit.

May be a little thing, but for some of us, it's like looking at 'were loose'.

Pedantry observations are a clear indication of a Victorian class consciousness which for those of us who think we need to break these stereo types believe has no place in the modern world, language and its use has always been owned by the user in the formation of productive relationships. It makes no differance if it were you and I or you and me

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
1: How does 'we've been crap' suggest I think things are rosy?

2: Boro made Clayton a bigger priority than we did. We instead are paying COG £15,000 a week, an amount other clubs who were interested in him refused to match.

3: How am I close to the club hierarchy?

1) it doesn't but you accept it as the norm when it shouldn't be any more. I'm not suggesting we should be a top six club, just that we should be able to compete at this level. The quality has slipped alarmingly since Poyet left.

2) if your company made ****s up like that wouldn't you expect to be held responsible?

3) Are you not one the people the club converse with about things they don't like on NSC?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1) it doesn't but you accept it as the norm when it shouldn't be any more.

2) if your company made ****s up like that wouldn't you expect to be held responsible?

3) Are you not one the people the club converse with about things they don't like on NSC.

1: Because I don't think we have a God given right to be at the top of this division.

2: Tony Bloom didn't scout and recruit COG. The person who did lost his job.

3: I've had four sets of email conversations with 'the club' in fifteen years as a mod. One was in relation to Seagulls World being rubbish and was initiated by me, one was in relation to the club accounts and they wanted me to write an article on it in the program, one was in relation to me interviewing the club finance director over said finances, and one was in relation to criticisms of the club which I made on NSC.

Communication doesn't make me a club lickspittle. I'm lucky enough to have a job that is connected to football and correspond with the FA, FIFA, FSF, football media, and a number of clubs. The last work I did was to value West Brom using some financial models as the owner has put them up for sale, doesn't mean I touch my toes for any of them as they don't pay my wages.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
1: Because I don't think we have a God given right to be at the top of this division.

3: I've had four sets of email conversations with 'the club' in fifteen years as a mod. One was in relation to Seagulls World being rubbish and was initiated by me, one was in relation to the club accounts and they wanted me to write an article on it in the program, one was in relation to me interviewing the club finance director over said finances, and one was in relation to criticisms of the club which I made on NSC.

Communication doesn't make me a club lickspittle. I'm lucky enough to have a job that is connected to football and correspond with the FA, FIFA, FSF, football media, and a number of clubs. The last work I did was to value West Brom using some financial models as the owner has put them up for sale, doesn't mean I touch my toes for any of them as they don't pay my wages.

1) There is a big difference between a God given right to win and and an expectation not go backwards faster than a retreating Italian

2) In that case he is responsible for employing said person so does have to accept some of the blame for said person's cock ups not none as you originally stated

3) That is interesting, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1) There is a big difference between a God given right to win and and an expectation not go backwards faster than a retreating Italian

2) In that case he is responsible for employing said person so does have to accept some of the blame for said person's cock ups not none as you originally stated

3) That is interesting, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

1: Agree entirely that it's been an awful season. Recruitment has been woeful, and the football dull. Having said that lots of people on here didn't like the style of football under Poyet either.

2: David Burke came with a glowing CV. He did a great job in some aspects of his role ( such as Class 1 Academy status) but not in relation to signings.

3: I genuinely think NSC is independent of the club. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] wouldn't have it any other way, and a few of the mods (me included) would quit if it wasn't the case. We're quite an arsey bunch.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Errrr ..... he was talking about NEXT season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They both could have left earlier.

Poyet tried to and Oscar obviously wanted to, given the speed he left at after the last game. I think in Oscar's case he stayed for the fan and the players.

Either way it is a bit alarming that that two successive managers wanted out of what, from the outside, looks like one of the best jobs in the division.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

thats very interesting lots of people had been complaining abour "seagulls player" for a long time before you got interested as it was shite (and still is ) I had to email the club recently about the fact that they had put the wrong interview on that was put on for 3/4 days and the extended match video for Hudderfield has not been working whereas others are OK and by all accounts its still fading in and out on match days ..............................maybe you could pass this on.
I am rather afraid to as the last time I complained to the insider I was banned (by you) for saying heads should roll.
I still am paying for player as it is the only way I see any highlights and interviews, so I think I am entitled to say what I like about it as I am still paying for it.
its still shite and heads should roll .................................there I have said it again

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
thats very interesting lots of people had been complaining abour "seagulls player" for a long time before you got interested as it was shite (and still is ) I had to email the club recently about the fact that they had put the wrong interview on that was put on for 3/4 days and the extended match video for Hudderfield has not been working whereas others are OK and by all accounts its still fading in and out on match days ..............................maybe you could pass this on.
I am rather afraid to as the last time I complained to the insider I was banned (by you) for saying heads should roll.
I still am paying for player as it is the only way I see any highlights and interviews, so I think I am entitled to say what I like about it as I am still paying for it.
its still shite and heads should roll .................................there I have said it again

I've just cancelled SP after six years of subscription.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here