Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's nervous?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Got a splitting headache (I blame Eurovision, first time I've ever watched it) and starting to feel nervous...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
In the last match, I took a moment, as I'm sure we all do from time to time, to look around our amazing stadium, the sheer numbers of fellow Brighton fans and the amazing noise we were creating, watching players playing for us with technical ability that we could only have dreamed of just a few years ago. What I'm trying to say is that we are in such a fantastic position anyway, so let's not be nervous because we have nothing to lose. We have a great chance of reaching the stars, so let's roar on the boys and who knows, things may get even better. It's exciting days like today that make me realise how much I love this club and wouldn't swap it, along with our history, our present and most of all our future for anything. It's going to be one hell of a day.

Not in the slightest nervous.

Good nights sleep, big breakfast, just watched the GP2 race. Am about to do a bit of gardening then watch F1. Cook roast then off to the pub.

Perfect Sunday.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Not nervous at all, i have a default failure setting when it comes to the Albion so i'm expecting the inevitable.

Anything else is a Brucie:albion2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not nervous, as I have lowered my expectations this year. That said, if the result was going our way, my feelings will doubtless change.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm bricking it.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Just cant wait for the game to get started. I just hope its not an anti climax and the game is over after half hour. As others have said, whatever happens, it has been a good season, and I am really looking forward to next season, whatever division we are in.

I believe we have an exciting summer coming up with Oscar finally getting the players to finish the jigsaw.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
go run round the block for the next 6 hours and 10 minutes.

I was just thinking about how I am going to deal with the next 6 hours. It's going to kill me. And I'm scared that I am only agonizingly waiting to have my heart broken.

It's like I'm getting married, and I'm expecting her to be a no show too. This is going to be some painful waiting.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was just thinking about how I am going to deal with the next 6 hours. It's going to kill me. And I'm scared that I am only agonizingly waiting to have my heart broken.

It's like I'm getting married, and I'm expecting her to be a no show too. This is going to be some painful waiting.

Perhaps you could use the analogy and turn it on it's head,imagine Derby is the Groom,we the bride,they believe they have got us in their clutches and we will be married to them,however at the last minute,we will gilt them at the alter,for our true date with destiny,QPR at Wembley? no ok,but that's another 5 minutes passed by.

As [MENTION=27032]Mr Bridger[/MENTION] posted, I also have default setting of Failure when it comes to all things Albion.

Makes it so much more bearable and so much better when they exceed my expectations.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Perhaps you could use the analogy and turn it on it's head,imagine Derby is the Groom,we the bride,they believe they have got us in their clutches and we will be married to them,however at the last minute,we will gilt them at the alter,for our true date with destiny,QPR at Wembley? no ok,but that's another 5 minutes passed by.

lol.

We will nutt them at the alter and leave them bleeding out from the face all over the church floor.

SEA-FKING-GULLS

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
lol.

We will nutt them at the alter and leave them bleeding out from the face all over the church floor.

SEA-FKING-GULLS

Extremely lucky i supped my coffee just now,then looked at the screen.... brilliant!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm not nervous, after last season and the high expectations going into the second leg I am resigned to what will be will be, come game time though you can forget that. My feelings before a game are normally much more relaxed than during. On Thursday I'd not been too nervous or even worried, it felt like a bonus end to the season, but on the walk to the stadium just as it came into view Hey Jude came on the iPod and that was it my feeling went from this is just a bonus to let's f'ing do this. I'll be like that again come 5.15pm

If the worse happens today I know I'll be gutted but we dust ourselves down and go again next year.

Last edited:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Not at all. As people have said, if we won the home leg, maybe I would be, but tonight just feels like a bonus.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We re prob gonna lose - it's great to be here so why any nerves atall?! People talking like we re gonna get through - I admire your optimism but fear you'll be especially disappointed later. Just trying to be realistic tbh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here