Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Given the choice, I'd prefer the Mackams to go down before Palace..

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
However hard I try, I just can't fathom this. The bloke lied to try and give our beloved club a bad name, then threatened to sue them.

Where's the proof of that? It's a pretty strong accusation you're making, and I'm guessing you're just basing it on the club's (limited) version of events.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Where's the proof of that? It's a pretty strong accusation you're making, and I'm guessing you're just basing it on the club's (limited) version of events.

Which part? I understood that both parts were common public knowledge, neither sound like a strong accusation, apologies if I'm wrong.

He clearly knew he was going to be sacked and then said "I hope to go to a court".

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Which part? I understood that both parts were common public knowledge, neither sound like a strong accusation, apologies if I'm wrong.

He clearly knew he was going to be sacked and then said "I hope to go to a court".

I think accusing him of lying to give the club a bad name is pretty strong. I wasn't aware it was public and accepted knowledge that he did this.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think accusing him of lying to give the club a bad name is pretty strong. I wasn't aware it was public and accepted knowledge that he did this.

He came out on national TV and said that he had no knowledge of the sacking, despite being informed a few hours before he went on TV.

Thats the lying what Notters is probably getting at.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
He came out on national TV and said that he had no knowledge of the sacking, despite being informed a few hours before he went on TV.

Thats the lying what Notters is probably getting at.

Quite, I think [MENTION=1034]itszamora[/MENTION] is suggesting that it is the club who lied, and they didn't actually tell him before. My view was that, even if they didn't in so many words (which I believe they did), it was probably rather obvious that it was coming, no?

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Well we certainly deserve to go down more than Palace. If I was a neutral I'd want us to go down more than Palace.
As it is I'm just terribly disappointed with Poyet, although I was probably more aware than any Sunderland supporter of his shortcomings. He really has made some appalling decisions, capped by not starting Johnson last night.
I was angry and saddened when Di Canio was sacked and Poyet must be aware now how right Paolo was about our poisonous players. They'll do for him too if he's not very careful and doesn't stop making inexplicable incorrect choices.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Quite, I think [MENTION=1034]itszamora[/MENTION] is suggesting that it is the club who lied, and they didn't actually tell him before. My view was that, even if they didn't in so many words (which I believe they did), it was probably rather obvious that it was coming, no?

So you're accusing him of lying despite the fact that you think he was actually telling the truth?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Perhaps, but to say the system can't work is patently wrong.

Where did I say that? What I said was that it DIDN'T work when it mattered most. Or did it? Personally, I think the fact that we couldn't overcome what was essentially a Palace team out of form with a buffoon in charge suggests that on the day it didn't work. The system wasn't helped by a manager who clearly couldn't give a damn on this club's most important game since Hereford. Excuse me if I'm not in a rush to join Poyet's fan club on here.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Where did I say that? What I said was that it DIDN'T work when it mattered most. Or did it?

I didn't say you did, Bwian. I was originally responding to Moshe.

For the millionth and one time we (and Sunderland) are not Barcelona and never will be. The only way that our players guarantee to retain possession is by making safe passes and playing boring football that puts the opposition under no pressure whatsoever.

It would be bad enough if it "worked" but it doesn't.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Never thought I'd say it, but I really want to see GP hit his own ceiling, and fail after his inglorious exit last season.

Of course both team down would be a bonus!

Slightly off topic (although I would like to see both GP and LB relegated) I have a good mate who is a life long Sunderland fan, poor bloke.

He is ADAMANT that Sunderland finds are in fact Geordies.

For obvious reasons I can't disagree with him, but I thought they were the Newcastle fans???

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I have no animosity towards Sunderland and Gus achieved wonderful things for us but I just don't seem to be able to get over the end of last season. We limply rolled over at home to our lifelong rivals and opened the Premier League door for them. I might possibly have been able to overlook that but for the fact that within minutes we were treated to a histrionic post match interview. I know all the arguments about his comments being pure heat of the moment stuff but isn't it when we are not thinking what we are saying that we are truly saying what we are thinking? He had the temerity to question Tony Bloom's commitment to the club (indirectly) when the man has been a lifelong fan and proved it with hard cash. I just can't forgive that.

Therefore I want to see him fail now. Yes, it's petty and vindictive and mean spirited but it's how I feel.

Let Palace stay up. There was something about them that has been poison to us since we got back into the championship. I just want to wave at them as they go down and we go up. Next year.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So you're accusing him of lying despite the fact that you think he was actually telling the truth?

No, I'm saying I believe the club told him, but even if they didn't specifically I'm not convinced they were in the wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here