Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nineteen.....that's NINETEEN.....Albion players on international duty this month...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
By my reckoning, there will be (or have already been) nineteen different Albion players heading off for international duty at full and various age group levels this month.

And that doesn't include a further six players who have represented their country already this season and are either currently injured or not selected for this round of fixtures.

So, Albion have at least 25 current internationalists on their books.

All of which didn't look very likely at half-time at Edgar Street on the afternoon of Saturday May 3rd 1997, did it?

Crazy Albion times, folks, crazy Albion times.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
By my reckoning, there will be (or have already been) nineteen different Albion players heading off for international duty at full and various age group levels this month.

And that doesn't include a further six players who have represented their country already this season and are either currently injured or not selected for this round of fixtures.

So, Albion have at least 25 current internationalists on their books.

All of which didn't look very likely at half-time at Edgar Street on the afternoon of Saturday May 3rd 1997, did it?

Crazy Albion times, folks, crazy Albion times.

Well, COME ON then...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Obviously the full internationals called up this window are:

Pröpper, Duffy, Izquierdo, Hemed, Kayal and Ryan.

Of the first team squad, the following Have also been called up / capped at some point:

Locadia, Krul, Maenpaa, Bong, Suttner, Skalak, Schelotto

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
What about Gyorkes at some level. Plus Molumby, Connolly for Ireland, possibly Hall at some level for Scotland..

Loads of the U23s / U18s. Molumby, Hutchinson, O’Sullivan, Connolly, O’Hora, Gyokeres, Mateju, Bjordal, Normann, Mandreiu

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think Tareq Shihab has been involved with England at some point (not sure if it was this season though).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, COME ON then...

My thoughts exactly . Touch of click bait going on

Is there a list available?

What. A. Tease.

Name them !!

Blimey! I thought the bit that might be of interest was the sheer number, hence the thread.

I'm meant to be working. But seeing as you lot are so insistent....

Full call-ups:-

1) Davy Propper
2) Maty Ryan
3) Shane Duffy
4) Jose Izquierdo
5) Jamie Murphy (Obviously now on loan to Rangers but still an Albion player)
6) Oliver Norwood (Obviously now on loan to Fulham but still an Albion player)
7) Beram Kayal
8) Tomer Hemed

U-21 call-ups:-

9) Ben Hall (he's Northern Irish, [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]. On loan at Notts County)
10) Mathias Normann (On loan at Molde FK)
11) Henrik Bjordal
12) Stefan Ljubicic (On loan at Bognor)
13) Ales Mateju (Technically in the reserve list rather than the main squad bit I'm still counting him)

U-19 call-ups:-

14) Rian O'Sullivan (On loan at Carshalton Athletic)
15) Aaron Connolly
16) Bojan Radulovic Samoukovic (Played for Serbia's U-19s against Bulgaria the week before last)

U-17 call-ups:-

17) Tareq Shihab (England play two friendlies against Brazil in Spain this Friday and next Monday)

U-16 call-ups:-

18) Matt Everitt (Played for the ROI against Hungary at the start of the month)
19) Haydon Roberts (In the England squad for the Montaigu Tournament in France at the end of this month)

The six other players who have been called up this season already:-

Kipras Kazukolovas, Des Hutchinson, Jayson Molumby, Danny Cashman, Teddy Hoare and Fynn Talley.

To take [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION]'s point - I haven't included the likes of Locadia, Krul, Maenpaa, Bong, Suttner, Skalak, Schelotto, O’Hora, Gyokeres and Mandroiu as they aren't current Albion internationals (either they haven't been called up whilst with Albion, or they haven't been called up this season).

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Crikey. And to think i used to get excited seeing Peter Smith gallop down the wing and Denny Mundee doing his step over.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No matter how many internationals we have on our books, nothing will beat Chris Burchill getting capped for the Trinidad and Tobago national side.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here