Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first home game?

Reecejackox

Banned
Mar 12, 2018
As the first away game thread is doing well , thought I may as well ask , what was your first home game you went to?

Mine was Brighton vs York - can't remember the year , just know we won

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jan 76 Brighton 6-0 Colchester. We were mid table in the Third Division, but still drew 16,000. Under Peter Taylor initially, the club were about to rise.

Until that match, I knew little about the Albion, but got hooked immediately.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
November 93, 1-1 with Wrexham.
Second game was a 4-1 win over Swansea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
March 22 1969
Albion 4 Barrow 1

When we scored we threw the bobble hats our mums had knitted high into the air behind the South stand goal. I was eleven (just) and me and my eleven yar old mate mate had walked all the way from Portslade to the game with our brothers (both aged 8).

Our parents would be getting a a visit from social services for that today. Back then it was normal.

I have a feeling of deja vu - we had another thread on this I seem to recall....

MisterE

Nov 2, 2009
My first home match was to watch Albion beat Watford 6-0 to get promotion in 1958 - great match
Adrian Thorne scored 5
As an aside - later his father was in the next bed to mine in the RSCH - and he took my autograph book and got everybodies autograph that was at the club - and I still have it
Really great momento

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
March 22 1969
Albion 4 Barrow 1

When we scored we threw the bobble hats our mums had knitted high into the air behind the South stand goal. I was eleven (just) and me and my eleven yar old mate mate had walked all the way from Portslade to the game with our brothers (both aged 8).

Our parents would be getting a a visit from social services for that today. Back then it was normal.

I have a feeling of deja vu - we had another thread on this I seem to recall....

Which part of the ground?

Going with an older brother I did the NS, with Dad the Chicken Run. Once I had a free rein, always the NS, although initially we would freely wander between stands. A far cry from the tightly managed control these days.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I honestly can not remember my first home game, my father took me early 70s. I have worked out season 72/73 from some of the players I can vaguely remember in the Albion team.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Albion 2-0 Palace April 1987 - Danny Wilson and Darren Hughes.
Hooked.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I've only been to see Albion once at home in my entire life. Northampton in 87/88, we won 3-0 I was in the chicken run.

Last edited:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
So long ago I have absolutely no idea.
Sometime in 1957. I think when I was 11
It was a long time for me also but thinking around 1964-65 season when I was 8. I could only go if it was not too cold or raining. I used to sit on the NE corner wall with my brother. Ventured into the NS when I was 13-14 and remember a pre-season friendly with Saints (1970??) which was my first introduction to football violence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here