Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro v Wolves TONIGHT

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Overpriced Lower Tiers

22k is not a bad attendance on sky with wolves bringing less than 300. What was disappointing was the defeat on Tuesday, with 3700 fans at ewood park. We are about 1k less than brighton in the attendance stakes and 3 sides have brought over 1k to us, you get 1k away fans most weeks. Away fan wise you don't do it, the riverside had attendances over 28k for the first 15 years of it. Yours will drop when your not on a high.

The same seats are empty at the Riverside as at the Amex, although not nearly as many. Down the side at the ends and at the front where it costs £42 at the Amex (overpriced) and view is no better than behind the goals (£32). Better view on TV. Lower tiers are bigger a the Amex which could make it look worse.

Boro have cheaper tickets: http://www.mfc.co.uk/tickets/matchday-prices/ on the lower unpopular tiers (£30). It is at the lower ends where they should be cheaper. View is OK in the central bits. (NB Travel subsidy is probably worth £2 for supporters, more for the users of the overcrowded trains.)

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
We finished 20th last season. Still sold 21k season tickets.

Thanks for your interest, though.

Population of Brighton (estimated 2012) 275,00
Population of Middlesbrough 138,000

We're at a similar level in the league at the moment. When you have twice Boro's average in proportion, ie 44,000 wanting tickets every week, taking over 7,000 to Blackburn on a freezing cold weeknight and 56,000 in the Prem then I'll take the comment seriously.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

We're at a similar level in the league at the moment. When you have twice Boro's average in proportion, ie 44,000 wanting tickets every week, taking over 7,000 to Blackburn on a freezing cold weeknight and 56,000 in the Prem then I'll take the comment seriously.

Why do you lot continue to bullshit? You took 3759 to Blackburn. Face facts your home attendances are not as good as ours

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
We finished 20th last season. Still sold 21k season tickets.

Thanks for your interest, though.

And let's also conveniently overlook the fact of the massive redundancies around the Boro with the steel industry shutting down.

We're at a similar level in the league at the moment. When you have twice Boro's average in proportion, ie 46000 wanting tickets every week as you are now, taking 7,000 to 8,000 to Blackburn on a freezing cold weeknight and 56,000 packing the extended Amex in the Prem then I'll take the comment seriously.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Ive never been to Middlesborough as, no offence, it seems like a shithole. What I've always beef about though, is when you were in the Premiership your stadium was always less that half full, leading to a dull atmosphere, and dull TV. I couldn't wait for you to go down. 10-15 year or so have passed, I'm slightly more mature and can't be bothered if you fill your ground or not, I've no idea even what my point is. Good night.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

When you spend within your means and FFP instead of 20 million on a pair of over priced Downing and Rhodes, then I'll take you seriously.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hahaha
The Blackburn figure is creeping up again i see. Go away with your lies

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Why do you lot continue to bullshit? You took 3759 to Blackburn. Face facts your home attendances are not as good as ours

Twice the population in Brighton, forgetting the financial climate. What is 2 × 3700? Why do you continue to be unable to grasp this concept?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Twice the population in Brighton, forgetting the financial climate. What is 2 × 3700? Why do you continue to be unable to grasp this concept?
You took less than 4k. Population figures are irrelevant.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Population of Cleveland is 541,333. Brighton has outlying regions as well. Up to 459,000 from traditional fans area. Another 100,000 from non-traditional areas. About the same I'd guess.

I 've not been to Middlesbro' but I have been to Newcastle and the cars are newer. So if you have a job, I reckon Newcastle is better off than coastal Sussex. Financially, we are below the national average with a reduced disposable income because of high house prices (caused by Londoners, 22% commuters).

A bigger stadium gives a higher number of better seats. We are 81% full and I think Boro is more like 61%. All our good seats are fully occupied with a waiting list.

Higher prices mean a larger match day income. 2014 our gate receipts were £10.4 million. cf. Middlesbrough £3.8 million.

On a general thing, I can see why TV is more attractive than expensive seats with a poorish view. However, the transport problems of Sussex (not just the football) is very poor midweek.

Last edited:

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
The crowd size doesn't count. Football fans are being fleeced. It's points that count. I think the Boro and Brighton are doing really well on both fronts.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Population of Cleveland is 541,333. Brighton has outlying regions as well. Up to 459,000 from traditional fans area. Another 100,000 from non-traditional areas. About the same I'd guess.

It is times like this we need our [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The crowd size doesn't count. Football fans are being fleeced. It's points that count. I think the Boro and Brighton are doing really well on both fronts.
I think some people just like to argue to pass time or something. I would if you were palace for instance.

I think you have a point. Who cares about all this 'my club is bigger than your club' rubbish? Big or small we all love our clubs no matter their status or size. I think if football fans worked together against being 'fleeced' we may find we are not so toothless after all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Then why didn't you just say that, instead of coming on here with all that we get bigger crowds than you (well, proportionally bigger when factoring in the population, the employment situation, away fans at Blackburn and Uncle Tom Cobbley's horse and all that crap) and we are better fans, and all that crap too?

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
Then why didn't you just say that, instead of coming on here with all that we get bigger crowds than you (well, proportionally bigger when factoring in the population, the employment situation, away fans at Blackburn and Uncle Tom Cobbley's horse and all that crap) and we are better fans, and all that crap too?

I didn't. That was someone else

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015

I just responded to the original comments about Boro being poorly supported to say that wasn't the case once you compared us with Brighton who I don't believe are poorly supported at all.

For the record I'd quite like to see Albion go up, provided it's not at our expense and probably Derby as the third team if I'm honest.

In regard to the whole Middlesbrough being a shithole post though it certainly won't win any awards ha! But it's the place I was born so I love it regardless. Though to be fair I wasn't being insulting about your corner of the world but for some reason you felt the need to about mine. Ah well, you do get unpleasant and obnoxious people who follow every team I guess. Not so sure about the claim to maturity though.

Goodnight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I just responded to the original comments about Boro being poorly supported to say that wasn't the case once you compared us with Brighton who I don't believe are poorly supported at all.

For the record I'd quite like to see Albion go up, provided it's not at our expense and probably Derby as the third team if I'm honest.

In regard to the whole Middlesbrough being a shithole post though it certainly won't win any awards ha! But it's the place I was born so I love it regardless. Though to be fair I wasn't being insulting about your corner of the world but for some reason you felt the need to about mine. Ah well, you do get unpleasant and obnoxious people who follow every team I guess. Not so sure about the claim to maturity though.

Goodnight.
If you read my post, you'll see I didn't say anything to deride Middlebrough as a place; just responding to some rather crass comments made on this thread. Anyway, goodnight to you too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here