Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
Thought it was disgraceful that Balogun was dropped for a clearly unfit Dunk. I adore CH but his loyalty to the old guard on this occasion was misguided. IMHO

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thought it was disgraceful that Balogun was dropped for a clearly unfit Dunk. I adore CH but his loyalty to the old guard on this occasion was misguided. IMHO

Couldn’t agree more.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Hughton will never make it as a top manager if he keeps dropping obviously good players, Balogun and Bissouma most recently, for his trusted old guard, why oh why bring back Dunk to face Mitrovic who bossed him around all game, totally stupid thing to do when Balogun has been so superb.

And as for Gross, should've learned from that 'lucky' penalty he sneaked past Man Utd, it was a useless penalty then as was this one, changed the game in Fulhams favour. At least Murray knows what to do when offered the chance to score.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I thought the idea was to fight for a place in the team based on merit, instead of players being allowed to waltz straight back in when deemed ok.
Not a god message or example to the new players, Dunk should have been on the bench today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hughton will never make it as a top manager if he keeps dropping obviously good players, Balogun and Bissouma most recently, for his trusted old guard, why oh why bring back Dunk to face Mitrovic who bossed him around all game, totally stupid thing to do when Balogun has been so superb.

And as for Gross, should've learned from that 'lucky' penalty he sneaked past Man Utd, it was a useless penalty then as was this one, changed the game in Fulhams favour. At least Murray knows what to do when offered the chance to score.

It wasn’t actually that bad watching it back - decent save. It was struck better than the one against Man U.

He missed against Leicester.

....and Burnley ?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

Whilst I do kind of agree re Dunk, I'm not sure Balogan would have relished the physical battle that Mitrovic brings. Dunk was the better man for the job and apart from the mistake for the second goal he did ok.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dunk wasn't unfit. And he merely slipped. Also Balogun was probably too preocupied with the witch to play.

Anyway I thought we generally had a bad day in the office yesterday. It happens.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Don't think anyone has questioned his talent, just his temperament and, ergo, his ability to stay on the pitch!

He is a changed person at Fulham thanks to the personal and national connection he has with our coach and the love he's getting at Fulham. His only flaw (If not seen the replay of the 2nd penalty yet) is that he wastes some good chances. But - as our song illustrates - we love him.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He looks a completely different player to the one Newcastle had. You can see why we were interested, he caused our defense as much trouble as pretty much anyone has and would have been an excellent Murray replacement.

That Seri looks a hell of a player too. Is it right that he was meant to sign for Barcelona last year? How has he fallen all the way down to Fulham(with no disrespect meant to Fulham - it's just quite a gap from Barcelona to a newly promoted team in a completely different league)?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Keeps playing like that every week and he will get a move to a top six team if he wanted it.
Reminded me of Diego Costa yesterday who I loved to watch,proper old school centre forward

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He looks a completely different player to the one Newcastle had. You can see why we were interested, he caused our defense as much trouble as pretty much anyone has and would have been an excellent Murray replacement.

That Seri looks a hell of a player too. Is it right that he was meant to sign for Barcelona last year? How has he fallen all the way down to Fulham(with no disrespect meant to Fulham - it's just quite a gap from Barcelona to a newly promoted team in a completely different league)?

Serri and Mitro were the best players on the pitch yesterday by a distance.

Serri is absolute quality, he’s far too good for Fulham. Just watching him yesterday you could see he was on a different level to any other player out there on either side. He had so much time and awareness, I love watching players like that. You can see why Xavi said he should be his replacement, very similar players even if he’s not quite at that level yet.

He will get a move to a Barca, Man City etc next summer, this is his interim move like when Kante went to Leicester.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
So Fulham have allegedly set his price tag at £30m. I don't think he would pass the 'no dickheads' test, although we may have ditched that now, who knows.

What I did find interesting is his conversion rate (via Daily Mail, sorry). The pertinent details are:

Top 3 lethal finishers in the league:
1. Martial - 10 goals, 39 attempts, 25.6%
2. Mane - 22 goals, 87 attempts, 25.3%
3. Murray - 13 goals, 54 attempts, 24.1%

Most profligate finisher in the league:
1. Mitrovic - 11 goals, 131 attempts, 8.4%
9. Zaha - 10 goals, 73 attempts, 13.7%

Now of course, I have no idea how many ridiculous shots Mitrovic took, so many could have been practically no hopers, but imagine if Murray had taken that many shots and kept near his conversion rate! He'd have the golden boot.

I'm not sure what this says about Mitrovic's true ability and value, but on the basis of this single statistic, I'm out.

So Fulham have allegedly set his price tag at £30m. I don't think he would pass the 'no dickheads' test, although we may have ditched that now, who knows.

What I did find interesting is his conversion rate (via Daily Mail, sorry). The pertinent details are:

Top 3 lethal finishers in the league:
1. Martial - 10 goals, 39 attempts, 25.6%
2. Mane - 22 goals, 87 attempts, 25.3%
3. Murray - 13 goals, 54 attempts, 24.1%

Most profligate finisher in the league:
1. Mitrovic - 11 goals, 131 attempts, 8.4%
9. Zaha - 10 goals, 73 attempts, 13.7%

Now of course, I have no idea how many ridiculous shots Mitrovic took, so many could have been practically no hopers, but imagine if Murray had taken that many shots and kept near his conversion rate! He'd have the golden boot.

I'm not sure what this says about Mitrovic's true ability and value, but on the basis of this single statistic, I'm out.

Good information, although Mr Murray's penalty taking duties surely make these figures a little misleading...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here