Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So when you say you don't come on here anymore because nobody on here changes their mind

1. You are one of the most regular Brexit posters on here.
2. You are either mistaken or lying when you say no-one on NSC has changed their mind.

These are facts BTW

And if I remember rightly, you're the poster who insists we can implement WTO rules and Tariffs with no Borders or Customs controls, then accuses the government of incompetence

And how many accounts did you vote with?I don't expect you to tell the truth-why change habit of a lifetime.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Let me explain clearly again for you as you either didn’t read or didn’t understand.

To know if someone has changed their mind, you need to know who has voted in both polls. Just because the percentage is different, it may mean that more people are on the forum now and they are remainers, or maybe as it’s summer, more people are away and not on here built the season starts. You don’t KNOW if anyone has CHANGED their mind between the polls, just that there’s been a poll on NSC (wow, the world revolves aound NSC) and the percentage has changed.

I’ve not seen any of the regular posters on the thread change their views in 2 years.

I have read articles where people who voted remain now say we must implement Brexit, otherwise it will undermine democracy even more. So don’t confuse a small poll (based on what - really?) with a population of 66m or whatever we are now.

As a poll it works in the same way that other polls work. A general overview. Either way, I'm not interested in a poll. If we had a second referendum I think we'd still end up with Brexit. What we need is a reversal of Brexit. A total halt with no voting to decide. That will never happen.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Let me explain clearly again for you as you either didn’t read or didn’t understand.

To know if someone has changed their mind, you need to know who has voted in both polls. Just because the percentage is different, it may mean that more people are on the forum now and they are remainers, or maybe as it’s summer, more people are away and not on here built the season starts. You don’t KNOW if anyone has CHANGED their mind between the polls, just that there’s been a poll on NSC (wow, the world revolves aound NSC) and the percentage has changed.

I’ve not seen any of the regular posters on the thread change their views in 2 years.

I have read articles where people who voted remain now say we must implement Brexit, otherwise it will undermine democracy even more. So don’t confuse a small poll (based on what - really?) with a population of 66m or whatever we are now.

DMKdkelXcAAurh8.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What research projects are you specifically interested in and in what way do you think they will benefit the future of the UK. In what way are they being funded? Which facilities and individuals are heading up the research and in which fields?

I have explained why I don't post links on here,but if you are really interested(as opposed to that complete plook pb21) start with SABRE engine.You will find plenty of projects linked to the rocket engine and it's innovative cooling system.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have explained why I don't post links on here,but if you are really interested(as opposed to that complete plook pb21) start with SABRE engine.You will find plenty of projects linked to the rocket engine and it's innovative cooling system.

Haha! I didn't asl for links, I asked for your knowledge. Don't fret, I didn't ever expect you to be able to come up with anything. You're off the hook.

larus

Do I accept that there were lies on the Leave side? Yes I do. Do I think those lies were in any way comparable in scale to the complete untruths of the Leave campaign? Absolutely not.

Project Fear is basically correct, apart from the the timing. Cameron and Osborne made it sound like it would all happen the day after the vote - this was plain wrong - and not a gradual descent into chaos finally escalating the day after the time on the 2-year clock expires.

We were never going to get a Deal from the EU, so to mislead the voters that we would is bad, but to say the Deal would be easily obtained and they need us more than we need them is downright irresponsible.

This is why I can’t be bothered with this thread. Too many blinkered people.

My side only told small lies and your side told really big porkies.

We had project fear about not joining the Euro. Result - FAIL.
We had project fear about a vote 2 leave. Result - FAIL.
We’re now having project fear about when we leave. Result - ????.

“But we’re right this time. We really, really are. Oh, forget about the other lies, they’re not important. What’s going to happen now is we won’t be able to import food, nor medicines, nor fly in aeroplanes.” Sorry, I just don’t believe the sh1t anymore.

As I said in my post to [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], I accept there will be some disruption and a short-term impact. You remainers can’t accept (or more likely choose not to accept), that people/companies will deal with the new situation and adapt to it and move forward.

The UK is a flexible, open, dynamic economy. Much more than most of the EU which relies heavily on protectionism.

And, with that, I’m back out of here for a few more days.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Haha! I didn't asl for links, I asked for your knowledge. Don't fret, I didn't ever expect you to be able to come up with anything. You're off the hook.

No,seriously,have a look.You might be impressed!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
larus;8548731[B said:
]This is why I can’t be bothered with this thread[/B]. Too many blinkered people.

My side only told small lies and your side told really big porkies.

We had project fear about not joining the Euro. Result - FAIL.
We had project fear about a vote 2 leave. Result - FAIL.
We’re now having project fear about when we leave. Result - ????.

“But we’re right this time. We really, really are. Oh, forget about the other lies, they’re not important. What’s going to happen now is we won’t be able to import food, nor medicines, nor fly in aeroplanes.” Sorry, I just don’t believe the sh1t anymore.

As I said in my post to [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], I accept there will be some disruption and a short-term impact. You remainers can’t accept (or more likely choose not to accept), that people/companies will deal with the new situation and adapt to it and move forward.

The UK is a flexible, open, dynamic economy. Much more than most of the EU which relies heavily on protectionism.

And, with that, I’m back out of here for a few more days.

:laugh:

larus

So when you say you don't come on here anymore because nobody on here changes their mind

1. You are one of the most regular Brexit posters on here.
2. You are either mistaken or lying when you say no-one on NSC has changed their mind.

These are facts BTW

And if I remember rightly, you're the poster who insists we can implement WTO rules and Tariffs with no Borders or Customs controls, then accuses the government of incompetence :facepalm:

If you’d care to trawl back through, you’d see that I have days on end when I don’t post. I find the blinkered responses from people like you pointless.

You can’t seem to accept that us leavers agree there will be a short-term impact but we will adapt to the new reality of life post Brexit. You seem to think that what happens on day 1 will be permanent. It won’t be.

And yes we can implement WTO and no NI border. We just say to the EU, we won’t be erecting any infrastructure. If we’re in breach of WTO the so are the F*CKING EU. Get it!!!!!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I accept you want to remain and you know I want to leave.

IMO, what we should have done is:
1. Prepare for No Deal. I accept the even with 2 years worth of preparations there will be issues. However, people/companies are very good at overcoming challenges. Yes, the initial few days/weeks would create wonderful headlines for the "I told you so" brigade, but the fact is leavers accept there will be a period of change but see the destination as important and not the short-term impact. I accept you may disagree with my views, but that's your opinion.
2. Said to the EU, if they want to play hard-ball then we have things we can play hard-ball over. Security, money, five eyes, defence forces stationed around the EU. This is a negotiation between adversaries. That is how they have treated us, so we should do the same. For example, the Galileo project has had a huge amount of UK funding/expertise and they want to kick us out based on spurious rules. They have threatened us with planes not flying FFS. That's not allies having a discussion.
3. We should say to the EU, there will not be infrastructure on the NI border. If this falls foul of WTO rules, then both parties are impacted. The UK and the EU.

At every stage we have rolled over (see my previous post about remainers running the negotiations) and not stood up to them. TM is useless and her track record is a disaster. Crap home secretary, totally inept election campaign and like a rabbit in the headlights trying to run the Brexit process. I'm usually a Tory supporter and I despise her - nearly as much as Bliar

I think this view of the EU as adversaries is a problem created by Farage et al, they promised things that were not viable and then say it is the EU punishing us for sticking to the rules we have helped established over 40 years. What you see as threats are just logical consequences of us insisting we will not be subject to the ECJ. The EU is in it's entirety a body that sets rules and standards, it follows that there must be a body to enforce the rules, if we say we will not be subject to the judgement of the enforcing body, how can we take part? We could not play in the Premier league without accepting the conditions they have for Stadia, or HGP's because it might give us an unfair advantage.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you’d care to trawl back through, you’d see that I have days on end when I don’t post. I find the blinkered responses from people like you pointless.

You can’t seem to accept that us leavers agree there will be a short-term impact but we will adapt to the new reality of life post Brexit. You seem to think that what happens on day 1 will be permanent. It won’t be.

And yes we can implement WTO and no NI border. We just say to the EU, we won’t be erecting any infrastructure. If we’re in breach of WTO the so are the F*CKING EU. Get it!!!!!

Why bother coming on it at all?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I do find it amusing that whenever [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] gets challenged and runs out of shite he comes up with some ludicrous idea he, and only he, can’t post links. Weird. Actually, that’s not strictly true, as he also lies when he’s cornered.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do find it amusing that whenever [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] gets challenged and runs out of shite he comes up with some ludicrous idea he, and only he, can’t post links. Weird. Actually, that’s not strictly true, as he also lies when he’s cornered.

He's an idiot. Why does he not want to post links?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

How? I’m not sure what you’re suggesting here.

larus

How? I’m not sure what you’re suggesting here.

A border is between the EU and the UK.
Trade goes between the EU and the UK over the NI border.

We both agree with that.

If the UK falls back onto WTO rules to trade with the EU, the both parties are trading on WTO rules with each other.

There is as much requirement on the EU to enforce WTO rules as there is on the UK.

And with that I am now finally out for a few days.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I have posted this before, but if I and my neighbour agree that we don't want a fence between us, we don't have a fence, simple. But if my neighbour then gets himself an aggresive Rottweiller, I might need to put a fence up, because I don't want it shitting on my lawn and chewing my kids. It is unfair of my neighbour to create the need for a fence when we agreed there should not be one, and even more unfair to make me alone pay for the now necessary fence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here