Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do we keep mentioning them because they beat us to the famous trophy?

= bitterness, now wishing them ill.

Not for me, I'm not bitter towards Newcastle, at the time I was pissed off with our players for handing it to them.

As said this is more about the Albion being written off before a ball is kicked, while the obvious storm clouds are rumbling over one of 'the Premier Leagues top 10 sides'.

It just makes no sense, but watching the impending traditional implosion, from afar is somewhat chucklesome, esp as the last laugh will be:-

'Chris Hughton linked with vacant Newcastle job'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"It’s obvious to anyone outside that Newcastle is one of the top few clubs in the country."

Really? I would think it's obvious they aren't and will be lucky to finish mid-table.
Has the meaning of 'few' been changed to about 20?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
It's been a slow burner for me, but I'm beginning to really enjoy the pending implosion coming from nearly Scotchland.
It's probably something to do with Newcastle being the club to 'watch out for' this season.

Anyway 2 more snippets via the BBC:-

Midfielder Jack Colback, 27, is set to leave Newcastle after a training ground row with boss Rafael Benitez. (Daily Mail)

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley says he cannot compete financially with the top Premier League clubs so cannot give manager Rafael Benitez enough money to spend in the transfer window. (Sky Sports)

How is it every fan can see what's coming, yet 95% of the pundits can't?

Read this, this morning too. A huge smile appeared on my face. All the wrong noises coming out of Newcastle. If things aren't going right for Rafa he would probably stick around for the pay off rather than walk - hopefully dropping more points along the way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Read this, this morning too. A huge smile appeared on my face. All the wrong noises coming out of Newcastle. If things aren't going right for Rafa he would probably stick around for the pay off rather than walk - hopefully dropping more points along the way.

They had a poor transfer window, but the champions of the Championship are looking good. The bookies now make them 9/2 8th favourites for the drop. Some very good players and a fantastic coach.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Newcastle will finish mid table.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Newcastle go fourth with another win. Rafa doing a great job yet again.

Must be painful viewing for the tiny band of Albion fans who chose to hate Newcastle forever after they pipped us to the title.

We were not pipped to the title , we gave it to them , our own fault

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They pipped us . They won it so therefore the best side in the division.

Did double over us last year and Sunday going to be very very difficult . Take a draw if offered - very possibly

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Did double over us last year and Sunday going to be very very difficult . Take a draw if offered - very possibly

No way need to be winning games like this at home if we want to stay up.

Jan 22, 2017

Would be more than happy with a draw next week. 10 points after 6 games would be a great return.

We are getting better every week, could and should have been 3-0 up at half time and then denied a blatant penalty second half. Stoke aren't a bad side at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here