Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale Contract

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That is 100% true but perhaps not a reflection on the fabric of our squad and next season's requirements. Still though, I probably am wearing a pair of John Inverdale's Rose ****ed glasses.

Hahahaha I've not seen that.

Made my day.

I agree there is more to a team then being better than someone else.

As for vorm [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

He could be a number one at most PL clubs in my view - bemused why he would be a number 2

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm not surprised we haven't heard anything. His pay would shirley be dictated by whether or not we are promoted, as would any future clauses in relation to promotion or relegation or staying up.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I can't see why Stocko can't be offered two years.

Like you, I was surprised (if it's true) that he's only been offered 1 year. However, the more I think about it, the more I think that the club plans to get someone else in. You don't offer only 1 year to a good 32 year old keeper, who you see as your first choice.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like you, I was surprised (if it's true) that he's only been offered 1 year. However, the more I think about it, the more I think that the club plans to get someone else in. You don't offer only 1 year to a good 32 year old keeper, who you see as your first choice.
One year offer, and then another offer in a year's time, depending on where we are going to be in 2018-19? If players won't (or their agents won't let them) sign a contract with a relegation clause, then just offer a one year contract.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said earlier in this thread, what if the club believes Stockdale's replacement will be ready to step up in one years time?

Why waste £1m on a player you have no intention of playing the season after next?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As said earlier in this thread, what if the club believes Stockdale's replacement will be ready to step up in one years time?

Why waste £1m on a player you have no intention of playing the season after next?

Were you involved in the negotiations to keep GM here when Poyet was manager :wink:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

Walton seems good, but good enough to play in the PL or top of the Championship in a year's time?

I just think they are looking at replacing DS as number 1. Think he will be No2 next season, CW will be third choice, and NM will leave.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Were you involved in the negotiations to keep GM here when Poyet was manager :wink:
I don't necessarily agree, just offering it up as an option to those who feel 'it's only an extra year, pay the man'.
As if the club is all of a sudden become completely reckless with money.

Walton seems good, but good enough to play in the PL or top of the Championship in a year's time?

I just think they are looking at replacing DS as number 1. Think he will be No2 next season, CW will be third choice, and NM will leave.
Walton will be out on loan all of next season.
Where to will be very telling as to how the club sees the immediate future of it's 'keepers.

Top half league one and I'm talking out of my arse.
Half decent Championship side and I'm still talking out of my arse, but I might be right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here