Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
True, but he has been playing well up front with Hemed in his natural position. I just find it strange we are deviating from the formation that has seen us go on an unbeaten run and help us to the get to the top of the table. We also have two natural wingers on the bench so playing a striker out of position doesn't sit well with me.

Maybe they will not. They have played before with 3 in midfield and 2 strikers, KLL/March/Murphy in a free role. Not from the start of a game admittedly, but they have done it before. CH knows what he is doing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We've had great success this season with wingers, like Murphy, March and Kaz. Why don't you want us to play with a winger?

Injury crisis. I have one winger in Solly March. All to with playing an inverted full back, cause a narrow style.

Now that Stephens is notionally fit, it changes everything. Inverted left back, not such a disadvantage now. Rosenoir can play inside to Stephens.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe they will not. They have played before with 3 in midfield and 2 strikers, KLL/March/Murphy in a free role. Not from the start of a game admittedly, but they have done it before. CH knows what he is doing.
I like the sound of that last sentence!!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Injury crisis. I have one winger in Solly March. All to with playing an inverted full back, cause a narrow style.

Now that Stephens is notionally fit, it changes everything. Inverted left back, not such a disadvantage now. Rosenoir can play inside to Stephens.

Notionally fit?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

4-3-1-2?
do you think, nobody staying wide?

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
BHAFC (@OfficialBHAFC) tweeted at 2:05 pm on Sat, Oct 31, 2015:
#BHAFC subs v Reading: Maenpaa (GK), Calderon, Goldson, Ince, March, Manu, Zamora. #RFCvBHA

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
haven't we struggled (second half) in a couple of our previous games to maintain our midfield dominance, against weaker opposition? hence the 60/70min changes houghton has previously made to 451? (i think only ever when we have been ahead.) he is possibly aware that this is going to be our toughest game yet and despite kayal and stephens amazing success we can be even stronger in midfield when required.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You didn't have him as a winger, you had him as a forward.

Free ranging role behind the a striker. Can go on either wing or run into the box.

The point is I would have a pairing of Hemed & March or Zamora & Baldock, not the pairing of Hemed and Baldock. I think Baldock and Hemed tend to go for the same ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here