Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noel Gallagher

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Not albion related I know but does anyone else think this guy is amazing? His High Flying Birds solo stuff is really, really good! His NME interviews are always a good read too!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nah, he's a grade A ****...but he does make good music

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lol, I guess it depends on when you were born. Oasis were a massive part of my life, love them or hate them, Noel is amazing imo 

I was in my early to mid 20's. I'd grown up listening to some of the great rock/metal bands of the 70's & 80's.

So seeing a bunch of Northern monkeys regurgitating 4 chord Beatles licks, whilst what looked like a shaved ape whining down the mic didn't really float my boat. :shrug:

Its was choice of listening to Dave Murray/Adrian Smith on guitar or listening to Noel plink plonk on his £300 Epiphone.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I was in my early to mid 20's. I'd grown up listening to some of the great rock/metal bands of the 70's & 80's.

So seeing a bunch of Northern monkeys regurgitating 4 chord Beatles licks, whilst what looked like a shaved ape whining down the mic didn't really float my boat. :shrug:

Its was choice of listening to Dave Murray/Adrian Smith on guitar or listening to Noel plink plonk on his £300 Epiphone.

Like I said, it's all about opinions. I couldn't give a shit where they came from, oasis defined my growing up. Noel Gallagher clearly has something about him. A true, true great when it comes to song writing. Some of the oasis stuff will quite literally, live forever!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not albion related I know but does anyone else think this guy is amazing? His High Flying Birds solo stuff is really, really good! His NME interviews are always a good read too!

Good bloke, great music & good sense of humor, unlike his prat of a brother.
Have seen him live several times, waiting for the new album in March:cool:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Like I said, it's all about opinions. I couldn't give a shit where they came from, oasis defined my growing up. Noel Gallagher clearly has something about him. A true, true great when it comes to song writing. Some of the oasis stuff will quite literally, live forever!

Good for you, obviously you rate Noel. Whether it lives forever time will tell. I think that Oasis were lucky to be around when music was pretty poor, best of an average bunch imo. If Noel was as modest as some other songwriters who have written many more classics, that have really stood the test of time, then maybe i would cut him a bit more slack.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

The beauty of music....:thumbsup:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not as talented as he thinks he is. He still looks down while changing chord for example

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Who are these great rock/metal bands who are so superior to Oasis.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
323f94ad-6cfa-4972-a04f-488852e2f4c4.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good for you, obviously you rate Noel. Whether it lives forever time will tell. I think that Oasis were lucky to be around when music was pretty poor, best of an average bunch imo. If Noel was as modest as some other songwriters who have written many more classics, that have really stood the test of time, then maybe i would cut him a bit more slack.
Definitely Maybe and What's the Story are both full of classics that have stood the test of time - 20 years now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here