Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere today.....

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
We heard the request in the south, and we did start singing, but we were on the attack and 'we are Brighton' turned into everyone screaming for a goal. But I thought the atmosphere was very good. We are definitely getting louder in the South, I'm pleased to say. I might be an old codger in a wheelchair, but I do love a good song at football.

Keep up the good work :albion2:

JordanBHA

May 1, 2013
The words to the song I think
ohh by the sea
sussex by the sea
you can tell them all
that we'll stand or fall
for sussex by the sea

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
First game back today after four months away with work. No complaints with the atmosphere today but nothing to shout about. Has it been that dire this season?

BrightonBiatch

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can only go with what people are saying, but credit where credit is due if it really is just the difference of where the Judge is, top man.

The Judge top bloke gives 150% every game home and away. Does seem to get most songs going as he got the bollox to start them, BUT also with him in the middle you have Kevin Budd,Grant Philips myself,His son Boy george !! etc etc and then the rest of that section who are the noisiest chat shit blokes and blokettes.... 1 MAN IS HELPED BY HIS a reliable up for singing crew and it sounds like the roof comes off !!! Just think if each stand had a JUDGE and crew in tow how we would sound then .

( just an idea )

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Well it seems you got the wrong impression from the radio.

Indeed. Best atmosphere for a long time. From my seat in the South end of WSU, the North Stand sounded very loud and that doesn't happen very often. The WSU and SWC weighed in with some decent chants too.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
The Judge top bloke gives 150% every game home and away. Does seem to get most songs going as he got the bollox to start them, BUT also with him in the middle you have Kevin Budd,Grant Philips myself,His son Boy george !! etc etc and then the rest of that section who are the noisiest chat shit blokes and blokettes.... 1 MAN IS HELPED BY HIS a reliable up for singing crew and it sounds like the roof comes off !!! Just think if each stand had a JUDGE and crew in tow how we would sound then .

( just an idea )

Can we clone the judge? Or perhaps start a reality show requesting very loud fans? :albion2:

The chants to E,W&S were fantastic, and fair play to E to start up the chant they did... thought it would fall on deaf ears. I think slowly but surely the atmosphere will become even more hostile, didn't hear Brum today... We talk about indifferent home form, I strongly believe the fans have a huge part to play. It wouldn't surprise me if form at home picks up alongside our upturn in vocal support.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Me-ne-me-ner is from The Muppets and, instead of me-ne-me-ner, someone shouts Adam El-Abd, very loudly, and everyone else joins in with de-doo-de-do-de

Also from 'No Way No Way' by Vanilla

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't notice that atmosphere being particularly special :shrug:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If that is classed as a good atmosphere I would be worried

In my book atmosphere is not all about the singing.

Beer:drink:tackles/shots/passing/ole-ole-ole moments/crap BALD refs/crap 'Specsaver' linos/beer intake:drink:/sunny weather/biting nails/woodwork hits/injuries:down: FUNNY BANTER and finally more beer intake:drink:

Did I leave anything out:wink:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In my book atmosphere is not all about the singing.

Beer:drink:tackles/shots/passing/ole-ole-ole moments/crap BALD refs/crap 'Specsaver' linos/beer intake:drink:/sunny weather/biting nails/woodwork hits/injuries:down: FUNNY BANTER and finally more beer intake:drink:

Did I leave anything out:wink:

Well said. A nervy atmosphere - as it was at the end - is an atmosphere as well.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think the reality is that atmospheres at practically all English clubs is crap, Amex included, so when it's slightly louder than unusual it's considered a good atmosphere.

It's only thought of as crap by people who think only a 'carnival' atmosphere can count as good.

A bit like people who ignore an entire banquet and go straight for the blancmange. There are many other things to appreciate. As Simmo Says seems to be saying, there are so many things that contribute to an 'atmosphere'. Singing is only one of them. Boredom, nervousness, anticipation, excitement, and anger are also valid contributors to the experience of being at a football match.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Noise and general loudness is what makes a good atmosphere - this fact is why this thread exists, because people were in better voice than usual yesterday.

If a game starts off tensely, and everyone is sitting in silence twiddling their thumbs that is NOT a good atmosphere. Whereas people standing up and singing for 90 minutes is.

I think the problem in this country is that generally football fans just consider themselves to be spectators, rather than trying to be part of the spectacle.

I disagree. A nerve-jangling atmosphere befits a tight, nervy-jangling match (bit like towards the end of yesterday's game). It's authentic, unlike people trying to whip up a mood that isn't there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here