Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy: broken metatarsal, out for at least 6 weeks

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No wonder Yeovil never tried to sign him.

Yeh. Spotted that too late to edit - can't even blame typo for that spelling. Still, 6 yellows for dissent is bloody ridiculous for a senior player that has worn the captain's armband.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I think CH will go to Leeds with a defensive formation to get a draw and nick a win if it presents itself but primarily not to lose.

There are 2 games and 2 weeks before we play the Champions of Europe.
You must be some kind of soothsayer if you already think you know how he will approach this game.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Uwe is rather injury prone as well, so wouldn't be surprised if he didn't last the rest of the games left. Murray at centre half with Hemed up front, could be a surprise tactic to surprise the opposition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are 2 games and 2 weeks before we play the Champions of Europe.
You must be some kind of soothsayer if you already think you know how he will approach this game.

Looking at the games on paper and the teams strengths that seems an obvious move. I think that everybody would agree that Leeds away seems to be our most difficult game to be played.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Uwe is rather injury prone as well, so wouldn't be surprised if he didn't last the rest of the games left. Murray at centre half with Hemed up front, could be a surprise tactic to surprise the opposition.
Don't even joke about it. The way our luck has gone in the past 2 seasons, Dunk will probably get a 15th yellow at Villa and we'll drop into third and have to face Wednesday in the play offs with two 19 year olds (Tomori and White) at centre back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously we hope it's not too serious, but to say our promotion bid is over if he is out for a lengthy period does not paint our squad in a good light
It wouldn't be such a problem if Goldson hadn't recently been ruled out for the season, and Dunk wasn't expected to be out for 3 games.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Let's take it a step at a time the 3 games this side of the break demand different formations, Rotherham attacking really have to get a win under our belts , Derby attacking but with more in midfield need to win but can't afford to loose, Leeds more defensive and play counter attack but will take a draw if we get 6 points from previous two games.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If the worse happens and it is true obviously Hunemier will step in but has anybody seen Dallision, White or Hall play and could one of them step up to the squad as cover or would we have to rely on Bruno or Tomori to play there?

Neither Dallison, White, or Hall have any experience at all of Championship level football, let alone playing for a club chasing automatic promotion out of it.

If it came to it, I'd much rather see Hunemaier, Tomori, or heaven forbid, even Bruno play there. Rosenior of course can also play at centre back. Problem is of course, whilst Pocognoli is injured, we need him at left back.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's face it, this is another way of Lady Luck kicking us in the balls. Always been so at this club. This season we've relied on our defence and currently have no recognised left back, Goldson out for the season, Duffy doubtful and Dunk a few stupid tackles / stupid referees off a long ban . Last season back 4 was fine but we were relying on Kayal / Stephens who we ran in to the ground.

Not having a dig at anyone BTW. We had 4 good centre backs in Jan & signed Tomori but exactly why I think we'll always be up against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Neither Dallison, White, or Hall have any experience at all of Championship level football, let alone playing for a club chasing automatic promotion out of it.

If it came to it, I'd much rather see Hunemaier, Tomori, or heaven forbid, even Bruno play there. Rosenior of course can also play at centre back. Problem is of course, whilst Pocognoli is injured, we need him at left back.

I appreciate that but like yesterday if similar happened in the 70th minute could any of them come on for 20 minutes if named on the bench . The old cometh the hour cometh the man syndrome and Hall has played for Motherwell in the Scottish Premier

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It wouldn't be such a problem if Goldson hadn't recently been ruled out for the season, and Dunk wasn't expected to be out for 3 games.

Well let's hope Dunk doesn't get his ban until we have, hopefully, a few more wins under our belt and we have made that gap between ourselves and the third team that much wider. Although not desirable I think CH will see it as a inconvenience at this stage rather than a full blown crisis.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Let's face it, this is another way of Lady Luck kicking us in the balls. Always been so at this club. This season we've relied on our defence and currently have no recognised left back, Goldson out for the season, Duffy doubtful and Dunk a few stupid tackles / stupid referees off a long ban . Last season back 4 was fine but we were relying on Kayal / Stephens who we ran in to the ground.

Not having a dig at anyone BTW. We had 4 good centre backs in Jan & signed Tomori but exactly why I think we'll always be up against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree with you GB. Looking back I wonder if the Gods wait for us to show our confidence (Duffy/Dunk interview about how mean our defence is, fans singing "we're on our way" and "top of the league") and then can't wait to stick the boot in. Let's hope the Albion God has the last laugh (this season please).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tony Bloom was in the same carriage as us on the way home last night. I was ear-wigging what he was chatting about, and whilst he didn't say Duffy's season was over, he did say it wasn't great news.

No way would Tony Bloom, (or anyone for that matter), have known the full extent of Duffy's injury at that stage. It would take an x-ray, perhaps a series of x-rays, to confirm and pin point the damage to his foot. It could even be that the club still don't know the full extent of it, and for how long he is liable to be out of the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here