Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom signs on loan until the end of the season

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's been out injured for a good 3-4 months so would be chomping at the bit, you'd imagine.
Any idea how long since he recovered, and how much game time (reserves) he's had since his injury?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
98a16558dc6cb10d6119b32e9395fa10.jpg

64 rated bronze.......got pace but we need better.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like he can play left back

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was unimpressed when he came on for Arsenal at the Amex. Not as fast as made out and with the control of Obika.

I'd sooner we kept Lualua and Manu.

So, are you judging him on one substitute performance, 3 years ago?
So Elv is, unfortunately, failed to impress anytime I saw him, and Kaz does a different job than Akpom has been brought in to do.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I've watched him quite a lot, by chance.

Wouldn't bet on him to set the world on fire, but two things spring to mind: his strike rate at 'ull was something like one in three in games he started, and he was probably Arsenal's best striker this pre-season (more than one a game, I think.)

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
more than happy with this if it comes off, nice bit of pace up front :thumbsup:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Never heard of him but a quick look on youtube he can use his left and right, and he's a battler.

If he's good enough for Hughton he's good enough for me. He wouldn't have signed him lightly and at this time of this season he needs it to be the best signing of his life. If he's good we will get promoted automatically, and if he is rubbish we will be in the playoffs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And their points per game went from 2.04 pre 31.1.16 to 1.79 post 31.01.16 - they were lucky they accumulated enough points before the end of January 2016 before they added those 5
Of course its relevant they were proved to be a weaker team from bringing in 5 extra players as they went from a 94 points a season team to 82 points a season team
Wasn't their points per game somewhat affected by their manager walking out?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'd be happy with this signing. I'm of the opinion we don't need a 'big name' to come in. Our squad is more than capable of achieving promotion but we need someone to offer competition but who doesn't mind sitting on the bench if our current strikers are in fire.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he's good enough for Hughton he's good enough for me.
Agreed.
If he's good we will get promoted automatically, and if he is rubbish we will be in the playoffs.
??? You know we're 8 points clear of 3rd with a better GD and a game in hand?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes but the rumour was that some of this could be down to the signing of Rhodes against Karanka's wishes. No idea if that is true or not but would put a new perspective on it.
IF that's true, then perhaps we should only look to sign players that Chris wants us to sign. It doesn't mean that signing players is not a good idea, which was the original point.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
IF that's true, then perhaps we should only look to sign players that Chris wants us to sign. It doesn't mean that signing players is not a good idea, which was the original point.

I know but it would mean that a lot of the reasons for Middlesbrough losing their lead over us involved Rhodes. As I say, no idea if it's true and I'm not arguing with you, I just find this idea that some on here seem to have (and again, not you), that Middlesbrough signed Rhodes, Middlesbrough got promoted therefore Rhodes was a successful signing is flawed logic.

And for all the talk of them recouping their money, it is 30th January and nobody has taken him on loan, let alone on a permanent deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here