Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woman beaten up by a gang of men in Brighton.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's a bit ridiculous to speculate on this, one way or the other. There should be loads of cctv in that area so hopefully they catch them.

This, the details will come to light in due course. All we really know is that it is hideous and inexcusable.

Lush

Mods' Pet
This has crossed my mind. The hospital would have reported the victim's admittance, but I do wonder if selling drugs was involved.

This article gave an interesting insight into the problem of actively selling drugs in a 'party city' that also has a high number of drug users.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1493...being_targeted_by_heroin_gangs_to_sell_drugs/

Det Sgt Deans said: "There is so much drugs out there, but we are targetting the ones causing our city and residents the most harm.

"If the gangs send 20 year old black lads from London down to sell drugs here they stand out, so what they are doing is recruiting kids who are only 12 or 13 years old and not known to the police and asking them if they want to earn £200 then they give them £2,000 worth of heroin or crack.

"Because they have never been in trouble before they are a lot less likely to get arrested. They are vulnerable.

"But when they do get arrested then they are in debt to a London gang.

"If they go to prison they have to repay that debt when they get out and their problems escalate."

I guess it could also apply to vulnerable young women too?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This article gave an interesting insight into the problem of actively selling drugs in a 'party city' that also has a high number of drug users.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1493...being_targeted_by_heroin_gangs_to_sell_drugs/

Det Sgt Deans said: "There is so much drugs out there, but we are targetting the ones causing our city and residents the most harm.

"If the gangs send 20 year old black lads from London down to sell drugs here they stand out, so what they are doing is recruiting kids who are only 12 or 13 years old and not known to the police and asking them if they want to earn £200 then they give them £2,000 worth of heroin or crack.

"Because they have never been in trouble before they are a lot less likely to get arrested. They are vulnerable.

"If they go to prison they have to repay that debt when they get out and their problems escalate."

Very worrying times indeed and to be honest I am not surprised Brighton is called London by the sea for reason and unfortunately this is one. I just hope the gang culture does not come down or escalate because after time these young 12 year olds will grow up and realize there is more money to be made and try and cut out the London gangs that will lead to bigger problems.

Or maybe I am over dramatizing the situation and it's along way off that yet so best not worry about it now eh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That was why it crossed my mind. I do take on board, other suggestions made that it isn't right to speculate.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003

Who in their right mind would buy drugs off the street from a 12 year old? Maybe they should look at taking the Norwegian model re prostitution and criminalise the buyers for buying class A drugs from kids, rather than the dealers if they're this young?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here