Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray's Bournemouth contract

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He'll be about to turn 34. Palace and Bournemouth have decided he wasn't good enough for them in the PL, when he was younger, so I don't see why we'll be that keen on him if we get promoted.

By that logic, we'll have to sell pretty much our entire squad if we get promoted.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By that logic, we'll have to sell pretty much our entire squad if we get promoted.
How many of our players:
a) will be 34 at the start of next season?
b) have been deemed not good enough by teams at the lower end of the PL?
c) would we have to pay £3m to keep?

If he was already ours, it would be a different matter, but paying £3m for him would be a bit silly IMO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'd think he realised that before he signed for them
I personally would much rather make that realisation AFTER singing the biggest contract of my life.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Palace fans in my neck of the wood all hate Pardew for shipping Glen out and all still think he'd be a great squad player for them. Certainly better than Connor Wickham!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How many of our players:
a) will be 34 at the start of next season?
b) have been deemed not good enough by teams at the lower end of the PL?
c) would we have to pay £3m to keep?

If he was already ours, it would be a different matter, but paying £3m for him would be a bit silly IMO.

£3m for a decent back up striker in the PREM who already knows the club very well is an absolute bargain?!? I don't really care what Bmuff or Palace think of him, why should we? He's massively settled here and suits our system down to the ground.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£3m for a decent back up striker in the PREM who already knows the club very well is an absolute bargain?!? I don't really care what Bmuff or Palace think of him, why should we? He's massively settled here and suits our system down to the ground.
Fair points. Less than £3m though please.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Bruno will be tucked up in bed drinking Horlicks next year then. Seriously though, fitness and a footballing brain is more important than age as Bruno has proved.

Bruno is usually my MOM, work-rate and commitment 100%. Age is not an issue if you are consistently coming up with the goods. Murray for 3m is not a bad deal at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace fans in my neck of the wood all hate Pardew for shipping Glen out and all still think he'd be a great squad player for them. Certainly better than Connor Wickham!!

I don't think Wickham is THAT bad a player (if not quite Premier League quality on a regular basis), but Pardew has a tendency to take vaguely decent strikers and make them worse than when they first met him, which is nice. He's also out for the rest of the season with a knee injury I think, so yes, Murray is a lot better than him right now :)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Even at 34 I think he will still have the legs as a squad player at least to help us in the Premier League, perhaps not 90 mins every game but at least on the bench.

Perhaps not the legs but certainly the 'guile'

Agree would be good as a squadie depending upon how much .

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think Wickham is THAT bad a player (if not quite Premier League quality on a regular basis), but Pardew has a tendency to take vaguely decent strikers and make them worse than when they first met him, which is nice. He's also out for the rest of the season with a knee injury I think, so yes, Murray is a lot better than him right now :)

Thicko here, is there any way that any other club could interfere with GMs loan agreement by 'say' offering a greater fee to the loaning club ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Bruno is usually my MOM, work-rate and commitment 100%. Age is not an issue if you are consistently coming up with the goods. Murray for 3m is not a bad deal at all.

Bruno fintess level has to an inspiration to others in the team. You wouldn't want to slack with the old captain setting the benchmark, and with state of the art fascilities backed by sports science a player can have a long career barring serious or reoccurring injury like Bpbby Z.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

I thought Colin did an interview before we played Cardiff saying HE regretted letting glenn go?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thicko here, is there any way that any other club could interfere with GMs loan agreement by 'say' offering a greater fee to the loaning club ?

I think the issue there would be a player can't be registered with more than 2 clubs in one season - I'm guessing we believe/know that Glenn is registered with Bmuff, obviously registered with us, so shouldn't be able to play for a 3rd club this season.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think the issue there would be a player can't be registered with more than 2 clubs in one season - I'm guessing we believe/know that Glenn is registered with Bmuff, obviously registered with us, so shouldn't be able to play for a 3rd club this season.

Thanks for that !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You'd think he realised that before he signed for them

Well, there are so many unexplained things about that transfer that you'd almost think there were non-football reasons behind it. Palace were short of central strikers yet were desperately offering Gayle around and then when there were no takers, sold Muzza. It's almost as if they were desperate to raise some cash for something.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
If we are saying GM at 34 is worth £3M... what would another full season of Bruno (at 35) be worth to another club, if we wanted to sell him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here