Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber Holbrook Club

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
12 is awesome. But kind of moot if we go up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's two number 3's

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was there last night and this was an excellent summary. he didn't shirk a single question and gave quite a lot of detail, which I don't expect anyone would get an your own company CEO. One surprise for me was a players contract can be 150pages long - most being standard stuff. He is also not best pleased with Southern!

Not that I don't believe OP for one min but he definately said Murray 100% cannot be recalled or sold in Jan yes?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks for posting, 6, 9, 12 & 15 interesting news.
This one jumps out:
5. QPR case will be heard in the spring. QPR have done all they can to delay the process. Football league clubs are having to pay for FL lawyers. QPR, Bournemouth and Leicester cheated and they took places in the PL that should have gone to other clubs. It was like they were playing with 12 players.

Hopefully some sort of justice will prevail :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not that I don't believe OP for one min but he definately said Murray 100% cannot be recalled or sold in Jan yes?

I don't think the op would get something like that wrong :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
10. Bloom is a proper fan (we know) and currently subsidising around £2 million pcm.
I can imagine this Bloom fella at the fans forum... 'yeah hi, Bloom, Season Ticket Holder'.
We all pay our bit mate, don't bang on about it.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7686053 said:
How come they can only stream away games via the site and not home games? It's not like us overseas fans can attend either one!
That is what i heard him say but like you the same thought crossed my mind. It is quite possible i misunderstood or misheard and it would be all games but anyway there is an element of streaming being available for some games for people overseas.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Yes, he definitely said this. In fact i asked the question as 'this has been asked on NSC recently - could GM be recalled to be sold in the Jan transfer window?' and the answer was no.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think the op would get something like that wrong :facepalm:

Waited a few weeks after I made you look silly to post that? Wow. Key word I added being 'sold'. Oh and how's the 'no chance' of us catching Newcastle comment fairing up only a matter of days later? Like being making controversial 'facts' up? Fast becoming a glaring bell-end on this board :thumbsup: Ah just seen the join date - explains a lot :lol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Waited a few weeks after I made you look silly to post that? Wow. Key word I added being 'sold'. Oh and how's the 'no chance' of us catching Newcastle comment fairing up only a matter of days later? Like being making controversial 'facts' up? Fast becoming a glaring bell-end on this board :thumbsup: Ah just seen the join date - explains a lot :lol:

You couldn't t make anyone look silly you little shit. :laugh:

You asked a bloody stupid question :ffsparr:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You couldn't t make anyone look silly you little shit. :laugh:

Well I did and it was ignored. Never been called a little shit before - interesting choice of playground words newby. Shame the Amex era has brought 'fans' like you to he club & NSC but that's life :thumbsup: Remmeber who started this - seagulls player uncalled for dig... I just enjoy finishing it :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7686053 said:
How come they can only stream away games via the site and not home games? It's not like us overseas fans can attend either one!

I guess because, somewhat understandably, they figure that there is much more chance that the majority of supporters can get to home games, and that it's your choice, not the club's, that you choose to live in San Jose!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Join dates on Nsc mean nothing. Spence changed his username.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I guess because, somewhat understandably, they figure that there is much more chance that the majority of supporters can get to home games, and that it's your choice, not the club's, that you choose to live in San Jose!

But he said that AWAY games will only be streamed to OVERSEAS fans. Just curious as to the logic there as overseas fans can't attend matches HOME or AWAY.

Luckily for me I don't live in San Jose :) Not sure if you've been but it's really a bit of a disappointing city!

Why would the club stream home games? Partly I think they can't do that for home games, certainly 3pm Saturday games, without FA approval but from a purely business point of view why give something away that people are prepared to pay for? I doubt we are going to sell out every game and unless we do I can't see the club wanting to do that, especially for evening games with dodgy trains.

Streaming away games (assuming this is allowed) may well be a good idea, I can't see too many away supporters staying home and watching instead of going to the game, so you won't be giving customers something for free that they were going to pay for. And there will be lots of fans like me who would be prepared to pay who wouldn't have gone to the away game. But again I would have thought this would need FA approval and I can't see the home club being too happy.

Maybe there is a way to stream a game so that it can only be seen viewers by overseas but that didn't stop me watching UK screened games when I lived in Spain so presumably people living in UK would still be able to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here