Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Yes that's right, he's put over 200m of his own money into the club, with ongoing annual losses in the millions, just so that he can build a hotel that might make 2-3m profit per year. Good business plan.

Don't forget the secret goldmine and alien spaceship landing pads. They're real money spinners.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Could we replace him with a player of equal ability for the £1m we would get? Simple answer No. so why sell him.?

Simple answer yes. Bournemouth's centre back pairing cost nowhere near that amount. The players are out there if you can identify them.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
All are with premier league clubs while we will struggle to stay in the championship again next season due to our chairman's lack of ambition other than to build his empire, hotel next by the way,American diner to follow?named route 27?

Yet, club funds are paying for the hotel. And Bloom can't invest anymore into the club's playing budget due to FFP...continue though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We can all applaud when he gets good money for Dunk too. Not sure as a fan that I get quite so much enjoyment from the mega money the club gets for our players as I should do....
But that's not your job.

As I understand it, PB's main role for the Albion is to raise as much money possible for the club.
How money is spent at the club has nothing to do with PB, what Tony does with that money is a separate issue.

Therefore now that the club appears to be the mugger and not it's traditional role of muggie PB should be applauded.
Yet in these situations Barber Out is treated like the devil incarnate.
As if he's forcing players to leave for multi million pound deals and generational wealth.

The club has tried to keep players that wanted out and got burned.
The moment Premier League money comes into this we ALL know Dunk is as good as gone, that has nothing to do with the club.

You have an axe to grind about reinvestment at least have the intelligence to take it out on the right person.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sell

Decent defenders are two a penny and relatively cheap in this division. We all know Barbs wont sell on the cheap either.

If it funds THE DESPERATELY NEEDED strikers then let him go.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yes that's right, he's put over 200m of his own money into the club, with ongoing annual losses in the millions, just so that he can build a hotel that might make 2-3m profit per year. Good business plan.

I thought it was partly financed with money borrowed at preferential rates

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The problem with selling Dunk is that only half of the money will be reinvested and based on the last two summers it won't be invested well.

Let's face it though we will sell him. He is as good as gone.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A goal scoring centre back ticks a lot of boxes, I remember Roger Johnson getting a couple of decent moves on the back of scoring seven or eight goals. I hope Dunk attracts a similar transfer fee.

What is certain though is that he'll be on his way, history tells us that we simply don't keep hold of our players once an offer has been made. Let's hope the new recruitment boffs have half a clue as to what a decent player looks like when it comes to replacing him.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yet, club funds are paying for the hotel. And Bloom can't invest anymore into the club's playing budget due to FFP...continue though.
Where have you heard club funds are paying for the hotel. Think you'll find it may be coming from the same place as the stadium and training complex.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought it was partly financed with money borrowed at preferential rates
No straight from Bloom no borrowing from a third party.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
But that's not your job.

As I understand it, PB's main role for the Albion is to raise as much money possible for the club.
How money is spent at the club has nothing to do with PB, what Tony does with that money is a separate issue.

Therefore now that the club appears to be the mugger and not it's traditional role of muggie PB should be applauded.
Yet in these situations Barber Out is treated like the devil incarnate.
As if he's forcing players to leave for multi million pound deals and generational wealth.

The club has tried to keep players that wanted out and got burned.
The moment Premier League money comes into this we ALL know Dunk is as good as gone, that has nothing to do with the club.

You have an axe to grind about reinvestment at least have the intelligence to take it out on the right person.

Barber is CEO correct?

I rather suspect this role involves a bit more than money raising otherwise we could save 500k straight away.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Obviously Fulham and Derby rate him. However, I cannot think of an adequate replacment other than Bassong of Norwich if they dont go up and he woukd cost more than we woukd receive, I would think.

Wouldn't want to see Dunk go, but if he did leave there's a few other possible options other than Bassong. Reading haven't renewed Alex Pearce's contract yet, not have Bolton renewed Matt Mills, both are Championship proven and could be available on a free. Paul McShane and Alex Bruce are in the same situation at Hull - if they get relegated or/and if Steve Bruce gets let go, then latter is bound to want to move on.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No straight from Bloom no borrowing from a third party.

so lets get this straight you are saying that he owns the whole club,Stadium,training ground without any other person,bank having any share in it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
so lets get this straight you are saying that he owns the whole club,Stadium,training ground without any other person,bank having any share in it.
Apart from the few shares owned by others yes. He has personally financed every thing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Should have said he is worth a tidy sum you know. Comfortably a billionaire.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jesus this thread is funny, another club shows an interest in one of our players PB and TB immediately get slated for lack of ambition and are only interested in building hotels. :facepalm: Its going to be a long summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here