Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
We counted 4 maybe players that need the elbow in the summer...one or two fans favorites that have just failed to deliver.

Oscar is not on the list.

But a keeper, KLL, Kemy, Spanish Dave and Spanish Rodney are.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
How the hell did we deserve a draw derby scored more goals than us, that means they deserved to win,pretty passing and a new stadium does not mean we deserve to win or draw anything,goals win games

Goals win games! No shit sherlock buy that dude a drink.Defo should have had a draw when there keeper gets man of the match that kind of tells you a story they had the luck tonight an OG off the keepers back how many times have you seen that happen!we hit the bar as well far from over give Oscar a break he s got us here in his 1st season he s done well considering everything thats happened

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
derby had the right tactics by playing to win , we tried to park the bus again and failed miserably when will garcia learn

You just don't understand the game, do you? Try as you might, you just can't get it. Simpleton.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
We counted 4 maybe players that need the elbow in the summer...one or two fans favorites that have just failed to deliver.

Oscar is not on the list.

But a keeper, KLL, Kemy, Spanish Dave and Spanish Rodney are.

Spanish Rodney sure, he's not getting a new contract. Kemy might be harsh to get rid, but there's clearly something going on and a reason he's not playing, so may as well move on. I can also see why you'd get rid of Spanish Dave, hasn't performed really this season.

I'd like to hear your case in getting rid of KLL. I think he's a bit variable. Needs to be coached not to shoot while off balance so he doesn't just sky it. On his day good, do you think we could get someone who offers similar positives but more consistently on out budget?

As for keeper, assume you mean get rid of a Brezovan or Casper? I'd move the latter on.

Aug 4, 2011
I don't think we should get rid of Oscar he has done us well. Not used the English football or the championship come in mid full of all the shit with poyet and got on with his job despite not being the best English speaker. Can't be easy position to be in. Has made good choices bringing some of the younger players to the first team and they have preformed well and IMO has done a good job. I won't be looking for someone to blame if we don't go up or for loosing tonight. Because we are in a good position and have all good things to look forward to. Don't know why there is even a mention of sacking at this stage. We performed well tonight. Feel we was a bit unlucky and then pressure got to us. But overall there is still positives to take out of it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My only concern is that if we dont make it this season I cannot see when we will as next season wil be extremely difficult and without some strong additions we will not make the play offs.

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
So we did not sit back and defend once we had scored then, are you pissed were you even at the game

Going for it with the boot straps.

Nothing wrong with that.

Premiership beckons.

Keep the faith.

And yes, I was at the game :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Derby manager Steve McClaren:

"It had everything. You saw every side of Derby County tonight. They started well but we showed great character, got ahead and could have scored a couple more.

"We allowed them to put too much pressure on us in the second half and we are indebted to our defending and our goalkeeper. You've got to be hard to beat and we were in the second half.

"We can be better and we need to be better because this Brighton side can beat us away from home. The tie is still open and there is a long way to go. The next goal will be crucial."

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I have a policy of putting NSC's illiterate posters on my ignore list. Mutts Nutts was one of the first ones on that list.

He's a bit thick.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
In the players lounge, hear suggestions from people directly linked to some players

So you've heard some second hand stuff from people who claim to be linked to the players? Well done.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Substitutions too late, especially CMS. At home you need to setup for attack and defend when away. Now we have the more difficult scenario of attacking in the away leg. But it's not all lost yet. But still think Pulis's system is more productive than Oscars.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Spanish Rodney sure, he's not getting a new contract. Kemy might be harsh to get rid, but there's clearly something going on and a reason he's not playing, so may as well move on. I can also see why you'd get rid of Spanish Dave, hasn't performed really this season.

I'd like to hear your case in getting rid of KLL. I think he's a bit variable. Needs to be coached not to shoot while off balance so he doesn't just sky it. On his day good, do you think we could get someone who offers similar positives but more consistently on out budget?

As for keeper, assume you mean get rid of a Brezovan or Casper? I'd move the latter on.

So with KLL it is obvious the RBs are instructed to try and push him to his left and thus his weaker side from which he is poor at crossing the ball. If he does the stop, pause, drop shoulder left and push right tactic he is doubled up (from the time he has provided the opposition to regroup on the edge of the box). Push him right he'll be off balance as you say and snap a shot. He is also very prone to not tracking back nor repositioning when we lose possession. Lastly lookmat Wards reactions to his play making...he gets so frustrated at him for not taking the shorter, more obvious, wider pass to ward on the overlap he (ward). He has speed on his side yes, but not alot more. I would rather spend his money on a more consistent player, but with less 'flash'. Consistency and varried approach is better I think.

Yes you are right I meant a backup keeper and again yes I would say Brez stays and Casper goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here