Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you even just slightly fed up with the world's greatest country being so divided?

Are you even just slightly fed up with the world's greatest country being so divided?

• Yes Im bored of it now

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • No …we need to sort crap out

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • We are not divided

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • We are not the worlds greatest country

Votes: 47 47.0%
  • Actually we are Great though…..it says it on the tin

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Matt Damon

Votes: 19 19.0%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
No.

But the fact that we gave it all back (mostly) due to our benevolence makes us even GREATER,

I think it was more to do with its redundant nature. A bit like running an old car that costs a fortune every MOT.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Shocked some are saying we are not the greatest country.

To me it is my country, am extremely proud of it (faults and all) and will always love it.

You write those two sentences as though they are mutually exclusive. They're not.

I am very fond of my country too. I always will be. I would prefer never to live anywhere else.

But I have no intention of announcing to someone from another country that my country is 'greater' than theirs. It's hurtful, over-simplifying and self-regarding. It's with things like that that the problems begin - in the House of Commons, on the pre-match streets of Marseilles or in the voting booth.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If I vote yes, are you going to assume that everyone who voted yes voted for the same reason as I did? So everyone who voted yes thinks this is the greatest country? And wants a "hard" end to boredom? And wants strict controls to stop boredom happening again? And we all come up with a "nickname" to refer to everyone else - like "borewanters" and "icicles"?

Asking for a friend who reckons you have previous.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Oddly this country is in desperate need of a strong leader to deal with our brexit negotiations. Someone like Blair or Cameron would be ideal at the moment but unfortunately we have the two least strong or stable candidates in recent times.

We're in a right state

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Look at all the pink on this beauty, LOOK AT IT.
View attachment 86271

There are more green bits though, which - if the key in the bottom right corner is to be believed - all belong to Wilkes Land. Doesn't that make Wilkes Land greater?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Oddly this country is in desperate need of a strong leader to deal with our brexit negotiations. Someone like Blair or Cameron would be ideal at the moment but unfortunately we have the two least strong or stable candidates in recent times.

We're in a right state

Cameron wtf he's the **** that put us in this position. offering the EU referendum to secure another election. This to me was the start of a divided country. We should never have been given the option of a referendum, people are too thick.

I honestly doubt anyone understand the full impact of leaving the EU and how much work is required.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I've always liked Matt Damon.

If i'd realised it was possible to stick several boxes I would also have ticked:
1. We're (probably) not the world's greatest country.... although I would consider myself patriotic and am quite happy living here.
2. We need to sort this crap out.......... but Mrs May hasn't got a hope in hell of doing it........ and I am not sure anybody else on the current political scene would be capable of it either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here