Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi tv guide-find channels easily

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Why not just use the fresh start option or on a firestick go to the kodi and use clear data. Takes 2 seconds

Because clearing the data will delete all his REPOS/addons. There is a chance that by just uninstalling and installing the new one, he will be able to get all his addons back and not have to reinstall them all again.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Yeah, I'm on call all night tonight. So will be browsing etc.

You don't need to worry with the video actually as its simple.
Go to settings on your firestick
Applications
Manage installed applications
Scroll down to kodi, click on it and then uninstall.

Then go to the guide I posted to install kodi on a firestick, that will give you the latest one. Genuinely its not difficult or time consuming even.

I'm off to bed but will definitely check to see how you are getting on tonight.

Thanks mate. Talk later then.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I have a WDTV live android box that I bought off a friend that I haven't been able to get working properly. Instead of buying a firestick can I install Kodi on it? It came with apps installed but I can't find a browser on it or see any way to add additional apps. Is it possible. I'm using Kodi on my laptop via hdmi at the minute but my 19 month old daughter can't resist pressing buttons as the laptop has to sit on the TV unit. I'm also worrying about juice bottles going over it!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Thanks mate. Talk later then.

I cleared my kodi back to default settings and had it back up and trucking with all the latest add on's in less than 5 minutes this morning, It really is easy. I can send you a video of me doing it if you like before I set off for MK, just pm me a phone number or email address.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I have a WDTV live android box that I bought off a friend that I haven't been able to get working properly. Instead of buying a firestick can I install Kodi on it? It came with apps installed but I can't find a browser on it or see any way to add additional apps. Is it possible. I'm using Kodi on my laptop via hdmi at the minute but my 19 month old daughter can't resist pressing buttons as the laptop has to sit on the TV unit. I'm also worrying about juice bottles going over it!

Are you sure it's an android box? From what I'm reading its a media player. If you give me a link to it I can tell you can sideload kodi onto it. If it's android you can 100% put kodi on it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
You may be right. I'm on the way to MK right now so will check tomorrow. If it is just a media player would it be possible in theory to add Kodi or will it have to be cracked?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Managed to finally instal version 16.0
Downloaded a few repos I wanted and got husham as I wanted coldkeys repos for classic comedy channel. Accidentally installed husham titanium interface and can't get rid of it, any ideas?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Managed to finally instal version 16.0
Downloaded a few repos I wanted and got husham as I wanted coldkeys repos for classic comedy channel. Accidentally installed husham titanium interface and can't get rid of it, any ideas?

The advice generally given how to delete a build is a fresh install, you don't have to delete kodi but you should wipe it. There is actually a repo that you can use to wipe your kodi, so no need to uninstall and reinstall again.
But you will need to install your addons again.
Do you have the fusion repo installed?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The advice generally given how to delete a build is a fresh install, you don't have to delete kodi but you should wipe it. There is actually a repo that you can use to wipe your kodi, so no need to uninstall and reinstall again.
But you will need to install your addons again.
Do you have the fusion repo installed?

Hi mate, yes I used fusion and did that fresh start thing. Just had to load all repos back in again.
All looks pretty happy at the moment now

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Hi mate, yes I used fusion and did that fresh start thing. Just had to load all repos back in again.
All looks pretty happy at the moment now

Oh that's okay then, so you are all sorted now? Is there anything else you are after?

But the big question is, did you finally get learning zone :lol:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Oh that's okay then, so you are all sorted now? Is there anything else you are after?

But the big question is, did you finally get learning zone :lol:

I'm ok now so thanks for all your help. Got a much better understanding of the mechanics of it now and I've finally got the learning zone. Happy days

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Does anyone else have problems with the original thread repo, live mix?
I can start to watch a game then it just turns off and jumps back to the menu?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Any of you get errors when you get YouTube streams?
Found a good fix online.
If you get super repo repository then add kaosbox, it auto updates YouTube and no more errors. Worked a treat

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Its a new add-on so may be a bit temperamental until they update it. Over the past few days kodi has been having trouble though, something to do with updates not completing properly.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yep - exactly that. Set it up for my gf to watch US channels and it works for 90 seconds or so then jumps back to the menu.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION]

I've been having grief with my kodi on the laptop lately so I've just uninstalled the lot. And am about to install the latest version.

I'm having a browse online and unsure to go with one of these wizard builds such as paradox or the beast build?

Or shall I just install the basic version and put my own addons on?

If thats the case and I do my own addons then what do you recommend?

I've found Robocop, money sports, cCloud, ukTurk and njm soccer good for sports but what about films and general TV channels like you get with a freeview box?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

I've been having grief with my kodi on the laptop lately so I've just uninstalled the lot. And am about to install the latest version.

I'm having a browse online and unsure to go with one of these wizard builds such as paradox or the beast build?

I've found Robocop, money sports, cCloud, ukTurk and njm soccer good for sports but what about films and general TV channels like you get with a freeview box?
Install a wizard (the two you've mentioned are good) and keep them up to date. It's the easiest way

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

I personally wouldn't install a wizard. If the wizard has issues or the developer gets bored, then you are left with issues. I just prefer to be in charge of my own destiny with a few addons. But it is personal preference really.

Live mix- all live channels. This does have a few issues from time to time but stick with it as it does get sorted and is now my best add-on.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-live-mix-kodi/

Exodus- movies/TV show boxsets, everything you can imagine plus more.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-for-kodi/

Sportsdevil- very good sports add-on, also works as a back up should live mix play up.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-sportsdevil-on-xbmc/

Anything else you need just let me know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here