Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Barnet *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 2719

Well we are through, but seemed to make hard work of it.

Is anyone home yet???

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Yeah, Eleven.

Fair enough we (Sunderland) made 10 tonight and sounds like we scraped a win in similar fashion. I dont get managers trying to almost lose these games, one of my best memories as a fan was the League Cup final a few years back. Sort of thing and single day that either of us as fans will get often, I wish managers gave themselves a chance

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Let's hope we get a Premier League team in the nex... no wait, we play them every week now.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
We won, some of the youngsters got a run out, Conner and Uwe were immense, Mollumby impressive and Knockhaert didn't get injured. Not too shabby.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Name ONE thing wrong with controlling the game and keeping posession? That is football. Keep the ball, they can't score and you control the game. If you are a goal up why not do that? If you do...you win. Which, if you had not noticed, is the aim of the game.

If you are a goal up yes. We were not for the first half. And when you are searching for a goal against a weaker side you attack them. We did not do that. So, you can have all the possession in the world, but if you are toothless there is little point.

I guess you had to be there to see it, then you'd agree I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We won, some of the youngsters got a run out, Conner and Uwe were immense, Mollumby impressive and Knockhaert didn't get injured. Not too shabby.

And Tilley?

Oh yes; I nearly forgot, the new Peter Ward won the match for us.

Sweet.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Fair enough we (Sunderland) made 10 tonight and sounds like we scraped a win in similar fashion. I dont get managers trying to almost lose these games, one of my best memories as a fan was the League Cup final a few years back. Sort of thing and single day that either of us as fans will get often, I wish managers gave themselves a chance

I don't give a shit about Sunderland ,so **** off FFS

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There is also nothing wrong with keeping the ball and probing the team and recycling the ball until a gap appears. Some people just want all out attack constantly.
Also, if you are toothless up front, like you think we are, why would you play to your weakness? If you keep the ball you can get 0-0.

There are players in our team that can hurt the opposition. There were too many times when we should have moved into the space in front of the goal. Instead we paid the opposition too much respect.

And, if you don't shoot, you don't score.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why should we be aiming for that score? I didn't realise goal difference was a thing in the cup!?
1-0, rested some 1st team players, kids got some valuable game time, job done. There is NOTHING to moan about.

Nurse nurse, he's out of bed again!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Why should we be aiming for that score? I didn't realise goal difference was a thing in the cup!?
1-0, rested some 1st team players, kids got some valuable game time, job done. There is NOTHING to moan about.

Oh, stop crowing.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If you force a ball you lose the ball. If you don't have the ball you are in trouble.

Who is talking about forcing when it is unwise to do so?

You had to be there I think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Playing 4-5-1 at home to Barnet... Fair enough if you're getting the first team used to playing the formation but can't see the point in this instance.
From the club's Twitter team announcement:

BHAFC ⚽️ ✔ ‎@OfficialBHAFC

#BHAFC team v #BFC: Maenpaa; Rosenior, Goldson, Huenemeier, Bong; Ince, Molumby; Knockaert, Towell, Skalak; Hemed.
- and looking where the semi-colons are placed, it would appear the intention was/is to play 4-2-3-1 rather than 4-5-1.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ooooooo look at you! So, funny. It is much better to slay the team off for small errors instead of seeing the bigger picture.

Oh hang on. Yes you're right. They were absolutely amazing tonight. It was a scintillating performance. A 1-0 goal fest. I'm unworthy of giving any critical thoughts on that supreme performance I just witnessed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here