Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coypu dilemma

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
On holiday in normandie, france and seek nsc wisdom. We are staying in a Gite in the grounds of a big house where the landowner lives. On strolling through the grounds this morning we have discovered a coypu in a humane trap. Now apparently these things are an invasive species and do a lot of damage to the local ecology. It's very cute though. Following a bit of research it seems they are often humanely caught in such traps and dispatched. The traps however should be checked daily in the morning to prevent suffering. They have obviously failed to do this. Should I:
A) let it out and probably incur the owners wrath (they probably saw us down there this morning)
B) tell the owner its there and let them deal with it
C) do nothing

suggestions?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
On holiday in normandie, france and seek nsc wisdom. We are staying in a Gite in the grounds of a big house where the landowner lives. On strolling through the grounds this morning we have discovered a coypu in a humane trap. Now apparently these things are an invasive species and do a lot of damage to the local ecology. It's very cute though. Following a bit of research it seems they are often humanely caught in such traps and dispatched. The traps however should be checked daily in the morning to prevent suffering. They have obviously failed to do this. Should I:
A) let it out and probably incur the owners wrath (they probably saw us down there this morning)
B) tell the owner its there and let them deal with it
C) do nothing

suggestions?

D) let it free

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I'd say B.

It's about time we had a Coypu dilemma thread on NSC though. :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Coypu.JPG

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Coypu Dilemma

Anybody else open the thread in full expectation of this being about our latest obscure Middle European target that nobody ever heard of, together with a severely-edited shop window video?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
JHC. From the thread title I thought we'd signed another south american :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Coypu Dilemma

Anybody else open the thread in full expectation of this being about our latest obscure Middle European target that nobody ever heard of, together with a severely-edited shop window video?

beeat me to it

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Heart Healthy 'Crock-Pot' Nutria

2 hind saddle portions of nutria meat
1 small onion, sliced thin
1 tomato, cut into big wedges
2 potatoes, sliced thin
2 carrots, sliced thin
8 Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup water
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup demi-glace (optional)

Layer onion, tomato, potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts in crockpot. Season nutria with salt, pepper and garlic, and place nutria over vegetables. Add wine and water, set crockpot on low and let cook until meat is tender (approximately 1-1/2 hours). Garnish with vegetables and demi-glace. Makes four servings.

In fact, i've found a whole recipe book for Coypu http://www.nutria.com/uploads/NutriaForHomeUse1963recipeBook.pdf

Enjoy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here