Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jovetic

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would you say Jovetic is a quality striker at Prem level?

I'm sure a lot of people would rate him as average.

I have no idea, I don't remember seeing him play. But my point is, quality comes at a premium and strikers are usually the most expensive. Of course the club will always look for value in the market, but if we try to fill this position on the cheap, then we're going to have to get lucky by uncovering a little-known hidden gem. And when it comes to bringing in strikers, that doesn't happen very often.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
but i understand that is what the original contract states for knockers. Think Dunk and Duffy's most recent contracts also introduced the clause. Stephen's last year also.

ok that may be so although I would be disappointed if Barber/Bloom have agreed to that. you could just pay someone like Jovetic a joining fee of £x million and then limit his wages to £40k a week thus overcoming the problem.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Strikers have higher wages; it makes no sense for clubs to link non-striker wages to striker wages, does it ? ???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
ok that may be so although I would be disappointed if Barber/Bloom have agreed to that. you could just pay someone like Jovetic a joining fee of £x million and then limit his wages to £40k a week thus overcoming the problem.
Agreed.

From Wikipedia:

'His playing style has led to comparisons with Roberto Baggio.'

And for this reason, I'M IN!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
According to the local paper in Seville, Sevilla have not taken up their option to buy him as his salary is high but if they seal Champions League group stage qualification tomorrow night they'll go for him.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Coo,a Montenegrin,sign him up just so I can hear WA describing him.:smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No I'm not. I'm asking you how you know Jovetic is going to be a vast improvement on Ezquierido considering they both play in similar positions?

You've claimed comparing Ezquierido and Jovetic is like comparing apples and pears, whilst also claiming they play in similar positions?

I thought Jovetic played more centrally, similar to Baldock if anything, at least when I've seen him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Looks like Sevilla will make it to the group stages so I should imagine by the end of this week he will be their player.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What did Barber say on BT?

our customers are pressing us to sing players that don't cost anything and won't ask for wages more than £1200 per week as they will come and play here to kiss the badge regularly.

Barber OUT!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Even if Jovetic did sign for us (which I don't think he will) it would be a massive risk. The risk being that he's not really interested in playing in England again, certainly not interested in a relegation battle and probably not suited to our formation (unless he plays the number 10 role in which case what happens to Gross?)

Our scouting and management team always make great play of the importance of the mental strength and attitude of any new signings. They have to have the desire to succeed here as well as the skill. Jovetic certainly has the latter but probably not the former.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Even if Jovetic did sign for us (which I don't think he will) it would be a massive risk. The risk being that he's not really interested in playing in England again, certainly not interested in a relegation battle and probably not suited to our formation (unless he plays the number 10 role in which case what happens to Gross?)

Our scouting and management team always make great play of the importance of the mental strength and attitude of any new signings. They have to have the desire to succeed here as well as the skill. Jovetic certainly has the latter but probably not the former.

Gross? hes been so impressive so far!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here