Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona: Van hits crowds on Ramblas tourist area

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How about we ban the slaughter of un-stunned animals. Halal meat is inhumane yet many of us eat it unknowingly.

How about we keep the discussion to the terrorist attacks in Spain, like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has politely asked you to?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think that makes it more scary in some ways. It takes a lot of organisation to do something like the Madrid train bombings or the 9/11 attacks, and 99 times out of 100 the security services seem to be able to stop it happening. These vehicle attacks take virtually no organisation, and are almost impossible to stop.

I would say rather than 'almost impossible' which the experts all say - let's face it - it *is* impossible.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
For sure - just as the Manchester Arena shit was first generation British-Syrian and had traveled back and forth to Syria.

My only point is that WHERE they attack is often (IMO) simply just where they know, and where they have the opportunity (rather than any grand masterplan).

If you are right here, and there is evidence to support your logic, then it is perfectly understandable why Eastern European countries like Hungary are resisting EU demands to distribute Muslim migrants.

It's too late for countries like the UK and France, there are sizeable Muslim communities now insitu........prevention is far better than cure.

I'm sure you will agree.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you are right here, and there is evidence to support your logic, then it is perfectly understandable why Eastern European countries like Hungary are resisting EU demands to distribute Muslim migrants.

It's too late for countries like the UK and France, there are sizeable Muslim communities now insitu........prevention is far better than cure.

I'm sure you will agree.

Yes, I agree 100% that refusing to accept any muslim refugees is an understandable position. Everyone can understand why that is an obvious reaction.

The risks of terrorism, etc ought to be balanced though against other considerations - a nation's legal, and moral obligations, for example.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
How about we keep the discussion to the terrorist attacks in Spain, like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has politely asked you to?

I don't understand why in a thread about Islamic terrorism, we are not allowed to have an adult debate about Islam and it's many barbaric practices. This is not hate speech, it's a perfectly reasonable debate on an ideology that is having a major affect on our society. But ok, you are the man with the power.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
LBC just had an interesting caller, a Muslim from Manchester that ranted at the presenter (also Muslim) for not also believing we should still be cutting off peoples limbs for stealing a sweet. At the same time as condemning ISIS.

And that's why I don't want anymore overseas Muslims here in the UK. It took us hundreds of years to stop such barbaric practices and beliefs here and I have no wish to go back. Until they've caught up with the modern world, I'm quite happy they stay in their continually at war homelands.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't understand why in a thread about Islamic terrorism, we are not allowed to have an adult debate about Islam and it's many barbaric practices. This is not hate speech, it's a perfectly reasonable debate on an ideology that is having a major affect on our society. But ok, you are the man with the power.

Because people are terrified of offending someone. Being branded a racist kills all conversation and whether you are or not, you are if someone calls you that. Hence its misuse especially by minorities and extreme liberalists. They know it's a trump card and that defending yourself against such accusations will fall on deaf ears. Like being called a Paedo, you are (even if you aren't). Game set match AND CHAMPIONSHIP!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'm not - I've made quite clear I'll not moderate a thread I'm involved in. The site owner has made a reasonable request - it would be polite to heed it. Your opening post in this thread was far from 'an adult debate' as it is possible to get. Such language will inevitably see threads moved or deleted, as they descend into nastiness and name calling.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm sure you will agree.

The tragic irony is that the Muslim refugees are fleeing the same terror of Isis.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Do I blame all of the Muslims or only this one guy? Someone please help me out here. I am very confused with how we're doing this after the Trump topic and the Nazi idiot in Charlottesville.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm not - I've made quite clear I'll not moderate a thread I'm involved in. The site owner has made a reasonable request - it would be polite to heed it. Your opening post in this thread was far from 'an adult debate' as it is possible to get. Such language will inevitably see threads moved or deleted, as they descend into nastiness and name calling.

I started to reply to your post but deleted it because I really can't be bothered. There are many that agree with me whether or not you deem it childish or nasty.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes, I agree 100% that refusing to accept any muslim refugees is an understandable position. Everyone can understand why that is an obvious reaction.

The risks of terrorism, etc ought to be balanced though against other considerations - a nation's legal, and moral obligations, for example.

I think this is where our opinions may depart.

In my opinion truly sovereign governments have a primary responsibility to keep their own citizens safe before anything else.

There is absolutely nothing that should circumvent that obligation. It's why for many British people (and European people for that matter) the EU's fixed adherence to freedom of movement is a problem.

Placing other "moral" obligations (or the like) on the same level is deriliction of this core responsibility and those who feel that way should be honest enough to say that the victims of these atrocities are just the price we have to pay.

A kinda, this is what it means to live in a big city type view.

I'm not saying I am right, just how I think......prevention is always better than cure.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Does that include an obligation to protect your own population?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Someone being interviewed on BBC Breakfast was saying the attackers seem to use targets that are as cosmopolitan, as possible so multiple nationalities are killed, injured etc, so their propaganda is spread worldwide. Hence, why large cities are being targetted.

That makes sense.
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/898501324467089408

[tweet]898501324467089408[/tweet]

For sure - just as the Manchester Arena shit was first generation British-Syrian and had traveled back and forth to Syria.

My only point is that WHERE they attack is often (IMO) simply just where they know, and where they have the opportunity (rather than any grand masterplan).

Being pedantic, the Manchester arena guy was born here to Libyan refugees.

The vast majority of terror attacks in Britain have been committed by British nationals,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think this is where our opinions may depart.

In my opinion truly sovereign governments have a primary responsibility to keep their own citizens safe before anything else.

There is absolutely nothing that should circumvent that obligation. It's why for many British people (and European people for that matter) the EU's fixed adherence to freedom of movement is a problem.

Placing other "moral" obligations (or the like) on the same level is deriliction of this core responsibility and those who feel that way should be honest enough to say that the victims of these atrocities are just the price we have to pay.

A kinda, this is what it means to live in a big city type view.

I'm not saying I am right, just how I think......prevention is always better than cure.

We took in millions of refugees after the war. They weren't all white christians. As my previous post said, the attacks here have been done by British nationals, but radicalised here. The Westminster attacker was from Kent and a converted Muslim.
The internet is used by ISIS, to convert and radicalise people here. Very few jihadis have come here with refugees.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
A list of jihadi terrorists, all have 'one thing in common'?

Thanks Sherlock.

attachment.jpg Is this you ?

Obviously not but you both seem to have a remarkable talent for avoiding the unpalatable truth , or at least avoiding stating it in explicit terms

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I started to reply to your post but deleted it because I really can't be bothered. There are many that agree with me whether or not you deem it childish or nasty.

Not read the entire thread, just most of it. Anybody able to confirm how many times you've used the "I'm not a racist, but..." line? I counted two. But that was a few hours ago. Presumably you've got the hat-trick up by now and get to keep the match ball. Well done :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here