Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Come on, own up...

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Are there really that many of them going to Brighton games?

I still don't get it. I've been a tourist at teams like Boca Juniors, but it wouldn't have occurred to me to buy a half and half scarf, if I'd have wanted a souvenir I'd have just bought a normal scarf. It's just weird.
But if you were a neutral tourist then maybe a half and half would be an appropriate souvenir

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Hate them .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can understand if kids want them to remember our firm EPL game but on Friday night I saw Arsenal fans, grown men, at the front of their stands with Aresnal/Leicester scarfs.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
It reminds me of the GOOD OLD DAYS. Scarfs, badges and rosettes. Those were the days. Can we have marching band and the old bloke in his Union Jack suit and Top hat as well please. Far better than those ghastly plastic things on sticks that the club provided yesterday.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
It reminds me of the GOOD OLD DAYS. Scarfs, badges and rosettes. Those were the days. Can we have marching band and the old bloke in his Union Jack suit and Top hat as well please. Far better than those ghastly plastic things on sticks that the club provided yesterday.

PLEASE can we have a marching band! Love it when they play Sussex by the sea.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
What happens when you see someone in a half and half Brighton/Palace scarf?

The day I see a Spurs/Woolwich one is the day I throw in the towel. Or resort to violence.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
While I would not buy one myself I can kind of see their appeal. Imagine you are a 10 y/o kid who has grown up watching the Albion be shit. This is the first time (outside cup games) we have played a top team, a team made up of players we could only dream about having play for us, and a team who their mates at school all go on about. If I was that kid then maybe I would pester my dad for one.

Also on this one occasion it might be acceptable as a souvenir of our first game in the Premier League though moving forward, can see no reason for anyone to buy a Brighton / West Brom half and half scarf.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I flinched when I saw the seller but, as an old bloke, I have acquired large numbers of prejudices, h and h schmutter being one of them. Not sure there is a need to metaphorically punch the buyer and seller hard in the face about it, however.

Crikey, some of the threads on here today . . . . :shrug:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The scarf seller was down towards the station, where the ramp over the platforms is, after the match and when I saw him I knew he'd be getting stick on here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here