Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West stand upper

Paulbeirne

Jun 21, 2014
Hi Spoonie - I'm with the club. Can you PM me? I'd like to be your point person here - I like this and I suspect we can find a way to help.

Paul Beirne

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Great idea from OP, maybe painted murals in the stairwells for the H+S element, but certainly the other sterile areas could be Albionised...could I paint Sheebo is a w*nker anywhere? :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hi Spoonie - I'm with the club. Can you PM me? I'd like to be your point person here - I like this and I suspect we can find a way to help.

Paul Beirne
Hello Paul. Good news that you like Spoonie's excellent idea. Can you update us on anything? E.g. Are there any plans to try and help reorganise the singing sections in the North Stand and match it with more relaxed stewarding? Is SBTS going to be on the screens this season?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Terrible idea.
Its already bad enough trying to hop up those steps dodging the wheezers (why do they always HAVE to walk up side by side blocking the whole thing ?). If they were pausing halfway up each stairwell to catch a breath and ponder a pic of Nobby Horton circa 1980 then I might not get there till 10 minutes into the game.

We need a system like the escalators in the underground. Wheezers to the right, hoppers to the left. Save the pics for the concourse.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Great idea, it is a soulless stairwell.

While we're carrying out improvements in WSU, can we get some 'tall tables' dotted around so I can but my pint on it while I tuck in to the tasty fare on offer?
There just isn't enough around the sides.

Circular shelves around the steel pillars was my suggestion.

el punal

Seeing how some fans struggle to get up the stairs the money may be better spent on an Albion themed defibrillator.

Oh come on! Let's do this in style. How about on the third or fourth landing a chaise-long to rest, with a bevy of skimpily dressed young girls to massage those tired aching muscles so then you race up to the summit of the WSU. And for the ladies, similar, but with suitably oiled and buffed 'Chippendales' at your service. I think . . . . . that I'd better lie down for a bit. :blush:

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011

Paul Beirne
Hi Paul thanks for replying to my initial post, for some reason i cannot send you a private message. I am by no means an expert in what or wouldn't look good but as I wandered up to my usual seat last night it struck me as to how bland it felt. Thought I'd try and gauge what the feeling was and if anyone has any different ideas. My original thoughts were memorabilia as in old kits and photos but also like the idea of perhaps stencils with gosbts but definitely needs more blue and albion badges etc in my opinion. Perhaps even asking people to send in their albion related photos. If you could Private message me perhaps we could discuss how we could possibly go about this

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Great idea OP. How about imagery that matches the floor level? The Hereford Escape for the ground floor, Mickey Adams League 2 glory on the 1st stage, Gus League 1 glory on the 2nd stage, Mullery's promotion team on the 3rd stage, Cup Final heroics on the final, top stage?

this is a great idea but could be an issue that we may run out of landings to put stuff on by the time we're at (what feels like) the 56th one???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Personally, I am not too concerned with the stairwells however, i think the concourse itself could do with a bit of a facelift. Too much bare concrete to start with. Also, they could put more ledges in for people to put their drinks on when eating pies etc. I appreciate they can't put too many in due to escape routes etc but surely in the central area that is widest there could be at least one more ledge. At the moment, there is only one which is in front of the windows and, in reality, only one side is used as people can't stand behind.

They could have a row of ledges, probably with gaps so people watching the tvs can eat and drink.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Apologies for bumping this.
I have moved to West Stand Upper and was just doing some research on the stand and what the view will be like from my seat but found this thread, read it and now want to know if anything ever happened :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here