Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are Dualit toasters worth the money?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What’s over engineered and over styled about the Dualit toaster? It’s simple in design and simply and robustly engineered....which is what I like about it.

Toasters yes but I was meaning kitchen appliances generally.
For example, top of the range Smeg oven, nightmare to work on and clean, the door is a nightmare to get into. Cooks well. Expensive, fairly reliable.
Entry level NEFF or Bosch oven, mid priced, look fantastic, easy to use and clean, very reliable, cooks brilliantly and so well designed and user friendly,far better product in my opinion, but nearly every time I go to someone's house and they obviously have a lot of dosh they will have Smeg, Meile, Kitchen Aid, Dualit etc etc.
There are brands that are cheaper, look as good or better ,but more than often better, it's all in the brand name, people with money tend to want to tell the world about it.
I would not pay £500 for a food mixer (Kitchen Aid) for starters.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Are Dualit toasters worth the money?

Don't know. I do know it's very easy to burn your toast if you're not paying attention. It's a bit like a car without ABS or traction control.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Are Dualit toasters worth the money?

Don't know. I do know it's very easy to burn your toast if you're not paying attention. It's a bit like a car without ABS or traction control.

I briefly owned a self toasting toaster.
It wasn't the future.
Certainly not for the toaster.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Whilst browsing through Facebook last night, I came to one of the sponsored Ads, and it was for this exact toaster. Now I don't even look at NSC through my phone and don't use Facebook on this computer...

Is this just very, very strange or is [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in cahoots with Facebook/Dualit and starting to hack into our brains and sub consciously buy toasters?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's more simple than that. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has sold all of our details to Facebook, Google and Putin.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've had my toaster for about a year. Only today did I notice that it was a Dualit one simply because I'd noticed this thread. My review for what its worth

- Yes it does Toast
- There are 4 buttons on. One is apparently a Bagel setting, I have no idea what the other 3 do
- It's much better than an Italian thing we used to have whereby the timer was intermittent and it toasted till the smoke alarm went off
- I've no idea how much it cost.. Knowing my Mrs, it won't have been cheap. The fact she never told me how much it costs also confirms that.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
a hair dryer that offers a monthly payment plan. Oh dear oh dear.

My number one bugbear is the sound of the hairdryer. If I ever have a very rare lie in I can be woken by the sound of a jet engine taking off for what feels like a long haul flight to Singapore. Not for me Clive. My mistake in buying this though, was having a beer with a salesman who had bought one for his wife and said it was the 'best bit of kit he's ever seen and dead quiet' So I bought one for crimbo and crumbled in dissapointment when it made more noise than the AMEX at the end of the Arsenal game.

As for a blowie, all blokes should know that never comes when you buy a present with a plug. Perfume and shit is where that's at.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's my birthday today (no, really - there's no need) which has seen my Amazon gift balance swell nicely.

I might now take the plunge for a Dualit toaster, but which is the one to go for? I want one of the big steel 4-slice efforts but there seems to be a fair few variants, as I think this thread revealed.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I've got an oven toaster, which most people seem to have over here and they're very useful as you can toast more than just sliced bread.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I've got an oven toaster, which most people seem to have over here and they're very useful as you can toast more than just sliced bread.

I used to have one of those but I ditched it once I found out how efficient these Japanese fish grills are at making toast.....

gas_stove_02.jpg

Seriously, shove a couple of slices in there....done in under 2 mins. You have to watch them like a hawk though cos the bread goes from "starting to brown" to "setting off the smoke alarm" in the space of about 20 seconds.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here