Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Baggies support

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
thought their fans were excellent - noisy all the way through, classic 12th man. as was said earlier a real club with real fans.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Proper old school club, aren't they? Been around for ages, mostly in the top flight, without ever being a big moneybags, billy-big-bollocks type outfit - no surprise they've got a decent fan-base.
Yeah I suppose although haven't most clubs been around for over 100 years?:lolol:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Support was good, people were friendly but West Bromwich is a complete and utter dump.

Yep, utter dump, you drive up there to support your team and while you’re away from your car, some scum smash their way into it and steal it. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] Still seething and cant sleep! ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Almost a carbon copy of 'Udders ( and Leics probably too): noisy next to away fans, clackers, drum (not sure at Leics), all sing as one, early goal and 2 - 0 final.

We don't lose 2 - 0 away do we, aside from Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, utter dump, you drive up there to support your team and while you’re away from your car, some scum smash their way into it and steal it. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] Still seething and cant sleep! ☹️

Sorry to hear that....where did you park ?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Sorry to hear that....where did you park ?

Just off of Roebuck Street (Where the Vine pub is) alongside dozens of fellow Brighton cars. Guessing the Birmingham based car thieving SCUM target away fans as they’ve already stolen most of the local cars.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Was that your car announced over the tannoy? Did someone see them take it?

Yes and yes, some locals saw the thieving SCUM smash the window and approached shouting for them to stop. They backed off when the thieving SCUM pulled weapons on them! I must have been in shock yesterday because I’m way more angry about it today than I was yesterday.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
My first visit to West Brom and result and performance aside I was very impressed. Nice old school feel to the stadium. Home fans were okay. I’d put them behind Huddersfield and Leicester though this season. Suspect it would have been a lot quieter without that early goal.

Could have done without the unnecessary diversion out into the middle of nowhere after the match though! Not really needed for us was it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Almost a carbon copy of 'Udders ( and Leics probably too): noisy next to away fans, clackers, drum (not sure at Leics), all sing as one, early goal and 2 - 0 final.

We don't lose 2 - 0 away do we, aside from Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea?

I thought it was very different to Huddersfield. It wasn’t constant so it sounded less rehearsed. It was more like a noisy crowd from the old days. I also thought the drummer fitted in with whatever was being sung whereas at Huddersfield it was clearly the other way around. Our support used their drummer quite well at first rather than trying to sing something that didn’t match the beat. Unfortunately the insipid performance on the pitch drained all the enthusiasm from the away end. I’m just glad we went to the Vine pre match as that saved the day ! Best curry I’ve had for ages.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Probably the best home support this season (despite clackers). Nice ground, very easy drive both ways, parking close by, back on the M5 in no time.

Really? I parked very close by. But being forced to walk half way round Birmingham after the match it ended up taking ages. Seriously pissed off.

Also can't believe people think those clackers helped the atmosphere. Certain it would've been better without.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Really? I parked very close by. But being forced to walk half way round Birmingham after the match it ended up taking ages. Seriously pissed off.

Was a bit of a p1sser being marched all around the shop but we were accompanied by a rather lovely blonde Inspector. Very chatty she was too.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not wanting to get into a point scoring debate but I don’t remember the Amex being a cauldron of noise after we went 1 nil up after 5 mins against Bournemouth. They made a decent noise today.

I don't remember any match at any ground having a good atmosphere for an early kick-off on new years day - stupid time for football.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Also can't believe people think those clackers helped the atmosphere. Certain it would've been better without.

The added 15 min walk was no big deal......was back on the M5 by 5.30.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Yeah, the walk in the end worked out well for us too. The warehouse car park, where we were parked nose to tail with other cars, had emptied and all lanes to the M5 had been opened up.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just off of Roebuck Street (Where the Vine pub is) alongside dozens of fellow Brighton cars. Guessing the Birmingham based car thieving SCUM target away fans as they’ve already stolen most of the local cars.

Yes and yes, some locals saw the thieving SCUM smash the window and approached shouting for them to stop. They backed off when the thieving SCUM pulled weapons on them! I must have been in shock yesterday because I’m way more angry about it today than I was yesterday.

That's awful. It puts losing a match into perspective. Have your insurance managed to get you a hire car to get home? Did you have to stop overnight?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

It wasn’t so much the walk rather that it went downhill at first, meaning a long uphill stretch back to the stadium to get the car. Not too good for the old ticker :(

Took me a darn sight longer than 15 minutes.

Once back in the car I have to say the journey home was easy.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think any club that gives out free clackers to their fan base should automatically be relegated

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here