Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have 2 points of failure on the Bostal too.

It starts just after the beginning and goes all the way up to just before the top. Either side of these tow points I'm fine.

You're forgetting the little down hill bit, just before the bend.
Which I've remembered is the first point of failure.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:lolol: Someone by the name of [MENTION=27615]Felpham Seagull[/MENTION], came on to this thread specifically to give me a thumbs down on the first post. That is well over two and a half years old. Well done Felps, I'm sure you feel like a real man now.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
:lolol: Someone by the name of [MENTION=27615]Felpham Seagull[/MENTION], came on to this thread specifically to give me a thumbs down on the first post. That is well over two and a half years old. Well done Felps, I'm sure you feel like a real man now.
Maybe he's venting his frustration at a poor showing in this year's fantasy league!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Maybe he's venting his frustration at a poor showing in this year's fantasy league!

True, mind you we all did badly didn't we? I thought everyone abandoned it mid season. Maybe he is just really against fantasy anything. The giving of points based on sporting performance is a bit rubbish after all...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My thumbs page would suggest the boy felps is bicyclephobic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I dunno SB, thumbs downing you seems to be popular past time on the football parts of this board :lolol:

Now you'd think that, but much to my surprise I'm running at less than 10%.
Taking into account the level of half arsed bullshite I spout, I can only assume I'm on a lot of ignored lists. :lolol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Now you'd think that, but much to my surprise I'm running at less than 10%.
Taking into account the level of half arsed bullshite I spout, I can only assume I'm on a lot of ignored lists. :lolol:

This was only my second thumbs down ever, which is why I am so surprised. Considering that I mostly post about bicycles and NSK I think it is pretty good going that I've had so few. Not even wrong direction has given me one :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This was only my second thumbs down ever, which is why I am so surprised. Considering that I mostly post about bicycles and NSK I think it is pretty good going that I've had so few. Not even wrong direction has given me one :down:

Oh for feck sake, one of you clearly isn't trying hard enough.

Take it from me you can soon change that fact if you choose to call someones silly idea, silly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So did everyone give up the fantasy stuff in the end then? I know my two did, despite the odd prod from me to get them back into it.

Is this why we don't see Cranky here anymore? He was a bit good at it that's for sure, so must be disappointed that everyone seemed to lose interest. I'd probably still have carried on if the organisers hadn't sold out and then been such condescending wankers towards anyone who dared question them.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh for feck sake, one of you clearly isn't trying hard enough.

Take it from me you can soon change that fact if you choose to call someones silly idea, silly.

It's alright he has given me another one now. I'll catch you up soon.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Aww thanks [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] :kiss:

Back to even thumbs, now.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Just tried on my Morvelo bib shorts and I'm really disappointed. The fit feels perfect except for one thing, the leg gripper at the bottom is really loose, almost the complete opposite to any other bib short where if anything it feels tight compared to the rest of the thigh.

I thought perhaps it was a fault, and maybe a fatty had previous tried them on and broken the elastic, but of the 6 reviews on wiggle (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/morvelo-the-unity-bib-short/) 2 of them make reference to this.

I went for the large (as mentioned previously, I'm 5'11", about 12st6lbs and 33" waist), according to the size guide 32" waist is medium and 34" is large, so I guess technically I fall between sizes. Unfortunately Wiggle are out of the medium, but I really don't think I would be a medium and suspect they would feel too tight on my thighs.

For those of you who have them, have you noticed this with yours?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From David James' bankruptcy auction:-

2295_116677_500.jpg

https://www.hilcoind.com/sale-details?view=detailview&pid=490735c4-a3ff-2551-d402-54579bd48161

2295_116676_500.jpg

https://www.hilcoind.com/sale-details?view=detailview&pid=490735c4-a3ff-2551-d402-54579bd48161

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Coming down the A270, off Ditchling towards the pier.

If I wanted to detour up Bear Road, what should I be looking out for before the turning.

I've never really noticed Bear Road before, so I'm likely to blissfully ride straight past it.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Coming down the A270, off Ditchling towards the pier.

If I wanted to detour up Bear Road, what should I be looking out for before the turning.

I've never really noticed Bear Road before, so I'm likely to blissfully ride straight past it.

Which you should really...

Left at the Vogue Gyratory just past the bus garage, if you miss it you could always wait until Southover Street or Albion Hill, sounds like you want to punish yourself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here