Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wilshere leaves Arsenal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Talented player with sky-high salary demands, questionable attitude, and woeful fitness record.

So that's West Ham or Palace, then.

SAC

May 21, 2014
He was looking for £120k per week.

We pay £45k a week, top.

I see him joining mega wage spenders Bmuff again.

I thought that he was on £90k and was willing to take a pay cut?

I predict that the £45k a week will be smashed this season, either a re-negotiation of an existing contract or someone new. Not that I'm suggestion that it would be enough to secure Wilshire. If there is no transfer fee then £80k a week could be a bargain. If he can stay fit.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought that he was on £90k and was willing to take a pay cut?

I predict that the £45k a week will be smashed this season, either a re-negotiation of an existing contract or someone new. Not that I'm suggestion that it would be enough to secure Wilshire. If there is no transfer fee then £80k a week could be a bargain. If he can stay fit.

Too many “ifs” in there, for an injury prone player to receive 2 or 3 times that of Gross, Dunk, Stephens, Izquierdo.

That would be awful for team spirit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tony Bloom would never, NEVER, sign Jack Wilshere.

This. Chance so low it would not be remotely reduced further if he came riding in on the back of Joey Barton with a massive spliff.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As Palace are reportedly offering Haha a new contract on 120k they are able to afford him.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The problem with Wilshere is if he's playing amongst low standard players, it's hard for his style of football to be as effective. This showed when he played for Bournemouth. He needs to be in a team who play the ball around neatly, a team who are good at link up play and share good telepathy. There's been a fair few tabloid stories of Palace, West Ham, Everton and a few Italian clubs all keen on him, but it's really all about who he plays with, not who he plays for. He'd be useless at United but effective for City. I know it's almost financially impossible for us to sign him but the way we play, the manager and the setup we have down here, I believe would be perfect for Wilshere.

One day he'll look back and wished he'd listened to me instead of his greedy agent.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A pay us per injury contract would be lucrative

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I'm really not used to defending an Arsenal player but when he played at the Amex and Arsenal lost he seemed to be one of the only Arsenal players that cared . He was also one of the best players on the park . He's been injured a lot - maybe that's because Arsenal don't look after their young players very well. He looked great last season and the season before . Its not very prima donna to buckle down on loan at Bournemouth and work so hard . So ideal for Brighton in my view - a real touch of class and a midfield creative player which we lack . I am sure a decent deal could be worked out and after he played here maybe he got a bit of the Brighton vibe ? Well we do have the ability to buy him if we want to

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Talented player with sky-high salary demands.

Talented player.................................with no income at all.

Granted, unless he's got a sky high gambling/drugs/hookers addiction, he's probably got enough dosh to last him comfortably fr the rest of his life - but he's what - 26? - and he loves playing football. Sadly though, I think you are right in that agents will push him to consider only the money.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here