Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official: Oscar resignation accepted***

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
The Club and indeed Oscar Could wait until the Spanish league finishes next week too see who leaves and becomes Avaliable

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
I was astonished that he was appointed last season but feel that he made a pretty good fist of it. Are there not stories that his partner did not settle?
The reality is, in my opinion, is that BHAFC need a bit of a reality check. Living on the South coast since '88 I have had the good fortune to follow the Albion at the Goldstone and onwards, even having a bloody Season Ticket at Withdean for one year when I lived in Westdene and felt I needed to see local footy and did want to travel to the Valley.
Falmer is a great stadium and the squad is currently light years away from the players that grafted week in week out to keep the Club competitive in years gone by-but the essence of the Club has changed. Garcia did not understand the Championship did he? Championship football is incredibly competetive-any team can beat any team. We beat you at the Valley on Boxing Day. Where we a better team? Of course not.
The other thing is that the make up of the Albion crowd has changed-people flock to Falmer in their droves. Not because they are all Albion supporters but because they are football supporters-they do not understand and subscribe to the history and culture of the Albion. This brings an additional pressure that some of the postings on this site reflect.
I think that the Albion would do well to appoint a British manager that understands this division and what is required to do well.
I would be grateful if it is not Chris Powell.

Up the Albion

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
It will have been approved by OG, since it comes from him, and the club (I would guess PB and the media folks), since it is published on the official website.

Personally, I would guess that OG did get on well with PB; I'm inclined to believe what he says in the open letter. The club would be happy to let such sentiments from OG be published in part to counteract the negativity surrounding Gus' departure with many fans blaming PB. This wording basically says "OG's departure has nothing to do with him not getting on with PB, so whatever you may think about Gus's departure, OG's leaving does not show a trend with PB being the problem", all imo, obviously.

The PB bit of OGs letter is far too OTT imo - that is all

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully TB and PB will be in touch with Daniel Levy ASAP to find out the sp on Tim Sherwood does he have a future at Spurs. If not make him no1 target followed by Steve Clarke.

Was the refusal of Grabban to sign the straw that broke the camels back.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I think this will mark the end of our continental manager experiment. I'm no great admirer of any of this lot but they all finished above us and perhaps with the exception of Rosler do seem to fit a certain mould and have brought their clubs varying degrees of success this season:

Nigel Pearson
Sean Dyche
Steve McClaren
Harry Redknapp
Uwe Rosler

Perhaps we need to hire someone who might actually get us playing fast incisive attacking football instead of being obsessed by possession based sideways and back dull as hell football. That and get some big strong lads in the team who aren't made of glass and don't get injured falling over a blade of grass, I'm not saying they have to be big hairy unskilled cloggers but look at the spine of teams like Leicester, Burnley and Derby and you get the picture.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands

Haha!!

Fair play, and not just for the names, you've actually chosen the exact sort of pics of them that make us all want to punch them!!

I've spoken to a few mates since the news broke, they support a a variety of teams, but none of them are BHA fans, and surprisingly they all have a consensus of opinion on the names bandied about in this thread:

Sherwood ... Could do a decent job, but still at Spurs, so unlikely to be announced anytime soon.
Malky ... Could do a decent job, but going to West Brom!
Darren Ferguson ... HaHaHaHaHaHa .........
Warnock ... HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa x 12
Zola ... Nice fit?
Clarke ... Could do a job, but none of them would want him as their Manager?

Me?
I liked Oscar, but his teams bored me to death this season.
If he had stayed I would have been quite ok about it, but his departure won't see me shedding any tears.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Excellent news. Now we can look for a proper manager who understands English football and comes with a personality.

I don't think I have ever, in 50 years of supporting the Albion, liked a manager less.

There's someone that fits your criteria. Paolo Di Canio.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The Club and indeed Oscar Could wait until the Spanish league finishes next week too see who leaves and becomes Avaliable

Please don't give them ideas. The LAST thing we need now is another Spaniard with no idea of the English game playing one up top and thinking that tippy tappy football works in the championship.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy that Giggs and the class of '92 would choose a club in the North-West. They might be advised to bide their time until the Burnley job becomes available, or Bolton / Blackburn owners get their act together.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Yeah, because he would do well with a small budget. Not.

Do we really know what the finance situation is at the club?

Just maybe Tony now realises that we don't have the right personal to reach the top flight after witnessing the football that has been on display this season. Derby pretty much ripped us to bits yesterday. I accept that we didn't have our strongest side against Derby but I believe that with a stronger line up we wouldn't have faired any better. The passion just wasn't there and a major overhaul is required for us this pre season. With some better quality players or a manager that can spot a rough diamond or two from the lower leagues then we could be in a position to challenge with confidence.

Oscar did OK with what he had at his disposal but a manager with experience of English football is now a must IMO.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Sad to hear this as I was hoping he would stay.

As for a replacement Zola would be good and I don't have anything much against Sherwood now. Or Steve Clarke :) Wouldn't want Malky Mckay or Darren Ferguson.

And Glen Hoddle? Really?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here