***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII GROUP B***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, the orca has learnt that by bumping the GWS so that it flips unnaturally onto his back, the GWS is helpless. It is only then that the Orca even attempts to scoff the shark. Very intelligent, but HARD? Not so much.

Similarly I've learned that a lion is no match for me if I'm in a Land Rover and armed with a 12 bore. Where's MY hardest animal nomination?

Aug 23, 2011
I went tactical and voted Bull Shark.

Then, I saw the post and vids by [MENTION=20100]JCL[/MENTION]-the new kid in town . Now I wish I had voted shrew:(

Weak group. Regretting voting Orca - should have voted Shrew. I feel sick inside about my mistake

I'm glad you've seen the light, i just hope its not a catastrophic mistake. I do appreciate i should have got my posts in earlier but work got in the way.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, the orca has learnt that by bumping the GWS so that it flips unnaturally onto his back, the GWS is helpless. It is only then that the Orca even attempts to scoff the shark. Very intelligent, but HARD? Not so much.

Similarly I've learned that a lion is no match for me if I'm in a Land Rover and armed with a 12 bore. Where's MY hardest animal nomination?

Presumably the Orca risks the shark getting a decent attack in by not letting itself be flipped over. As you yourself are championing, the GWS is a fearsome predator so the Orca must be entertaining a huge amount of risk in going for a GWS. Let's face it, even dolphins can give sharks a hard time with a bit of bumping.

If your analogy is that the Orca attacking a GWS is the same as a man attacking a lion from a land rover with a shot gun - then that is just not working. Orca's have no where to put a gun.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Presumably the Orca risks the shark getting a decent attack in by not letting itself be flipped over. As you yourself are championing, the GWS is a fearsome predator so the Orca must be entertaining a huge amount of risk in going for a GWS. Let's face it, even dolphins can give sharks a hard time with a bit of bumping.

If your analogy is that the Orca attacking a GWS is the same as a man attacking a lion from a land rover with a shot gun - then that is just not working. Orca's have no where to put a gun.

The orca is far bigger than the GWS (Up To 22 ft, 5,000 lbs vs Up to 32 ft, 12,000 lbs) so how much of a risk is it really? Regardless, if it charges unseen like a torpedo at a GWS, it IS going to flip it over. At that point, attacking the GWS for something to eat is about as hard as you carving your roast beef. The orca is to be admired - hugely intelligent, a tidy predator and an enormous, magnificent beast. But if the GWS isn't hard, then nor is the orca.

Factoid.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The orca is far bigger than the GWS (Up To 22 ft, 5,000 lbs vs Up to 32 ft, 12,000 lbs) so how much of a risk is it really? Regardless, if it charges unseen like a torpedo at a GWS, it IS going to flip it over. At that point, attacking the GWS for something to eat is about as hard as you carving your roast beef. The orca is to be admired - hugely intelligent, a tidy predator and an enormous, magnificent beast. But if the GWS isn't hard, then nor is the orca.

Factoid.

#voteshrew ?

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
A vote for shew from me. I usually go for mongoose/tasmanian devil/wolverine type animals (as I think they're what this competition should be all about) - I'm happy to put the shrew in that category now.

#voteshrew (until next round when it'll be #votewolverine again)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Possibly. Some very impressive credentials laid bare by JCL there. :thumbsup:

Wish I could get my vote back. JCL has done a great job on the shrew. Crushing the skull to save on its venom. Nice. Shakespeare knew what he was talking about.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The shrew is fast becoming everyone's second favourite. For that fact alone, don't rule out a shrew charge to the TITLE. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agree. I wonder if [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has the ability to change people's votes? I for one would like to switch my support from Orca to Shrew

I couldn't post a picture of the bull shark in the above post, so here it is in its own post:

Dear GNLL,

Myself and Stumpy Tim, under rule 10.2.6 subsection 6 para iiv, would like to change our vote in this group from Orca to Shrew.

Thanking you in advance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Or will you avoid the question again (because you don't have a valid answer) and blather on about the People's Champion (and three-time finalist, not bad for a cuddly pet) again?

Plucky perennial loser.

#ComeOnTim

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've voted tactically and gone for the Shrew. Could be a real dark horse as long as everyone remembers to not just vote for the biggest scary looking animal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here