Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Iphone help

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Wonder if anyone can help me.

Upgraded Iphone today (SE to 7).
Stupidly hadn't backed up SE since May 17 (yeah I know stupid)
Put new SE SIM in Iphone 7 today and hoped it would just transfer over everything over to new phone. Unsurprisingly it didn't (photos, contacts).
So I put SIM back in SE and backed it up successfully
Put SIM in Iphone 7 and hoped everything would transfer over..........it didn't.

Where do I go from here? How can I get everything onto my new phone? Could i 'erase all content and settings' on new phone, put SIM in it (from SE) and start again?

I'm rubbish at technology. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m no expert so I could be wide of the mark, but couldn’t you back up and restore from Itunes?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wonder if anyone can help me.

Upgraded Iphone today (SE to 7).
Stupidly hadn't backed up SE since May 17 (yeah I know stupid)
Put new SE SIM in Iphone 7 today and hoped it would just transfer over everything over to new phone. Unsurprisingly it didn't (photos, contacts).
So I put SIM back in SE and backed it up successfully
Put SIM in Iphone 7 and hoped everything would transfer over..........it didn't.

Where do I go from here? How can I get everything onto my new phone? Could i 'erase all content and settings' on new phone, put SIM in it (from SE) and start again?

I'm rubbish at technology. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

There is no real information kept on the sim in a smart phone anymore.

Once you put sim in new phone, you need to set it up as if it were a new phone, then restore it using the backup from your previous phone. This will be from where ever you back it up to such as iCloud, your laptop or hard drive. If iCloud logging into your apple account will give you access to that last backup.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

Once you put sim in new phone, you need to set it up as if it were a new phone, then restore it using the backup from your previous phone. This will be from where ever you back it up to such as iCloud, your laptop or hard drive. If iCloud logging into your apple account will give you access to that last backup.

Thanks for replying BS. Would it work if i just erase everything from new phone and start again? Backed up old phone via 'settings' tonight.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Genius

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here