Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

Are remainers ever going to accept we are leaving, or will the moaning continue until you finally get what you want?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I voted Remain at the time, but the county voted to leave.

I don't agree with a 2nd vote, so if there was one a would vote to leave as per the original vote and whatever Mrs May comes up with.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think there are plenty of Brexiteers who fit #thick. #old, #racist, #no idea perfectly*. You, however, are not one of them.

Can you now refrain from your equally tedious "remoaner" label? Cheers. You'd do well to remember who the ones doing the moaning over the last 40 years have actually been.

have never tagged your name on NSC, or called any thick. Do you kn what, I'm done. See you later.

*@bashlsdir is certainly very thick and he's not alone. Why on this very thread, he even asked what benefits the EU have given the average Brit. I mean FFS. I'm sure you can find similar pro-remain levels of ignorance but the point is that this is the danger of referendums - people this ignorant get a chance to vote on seismic decisions.

Why do you keep pointing me out of these forums, calling me thick, this is now the second time and quite honestly I'm getting a bit pissed off with it now. You know what, I'm done. See you later.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why do you keep pointing me out of these forums, calling me thick, this is now the second time and quite honestly I'm getting a bit pissed off with it now. You know what, I'm done. See you later.
Because your posts beggar belief. You decide you're the expert on the EU because your mum is Italian. You ask in all seriousness what benefits there are to EU membership. And you CONSTANTLY post this sort of utter tripe:

"Are remainers ever going to accept we are leaving, or will the moaning continue until you finally get what you want?"

And when you say "keep", you mean twice. I don't care if you never post on here again personally, but that's up to you if you're that much of a snowflake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I voted Remain at the time, but the county voted to leave.

I don't agree with a 2nd vote, so if there was one a would vote to leave as per the original vote and whatever Mrs May comes up with.

I think you are saying this only because you aren't bothered. If the Albion had a referendum which came out in favour of changing the club's name to 'Brighton Palace Gimps', and then later there was a discussion about having another vote after it was found that the promise of a shiny toy for every child and a guaranteed place in the Champion's League if we changed the name was, er false, I bet you snap their hand off.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
As the shambles of brexit and what it really means dawns on the population, rather than the utopia people were sold, it is good to remember:”You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” Time to put this to bed

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Are remainers ever going to accept we are leaving, or will the moaning continue until you finally get what you want?

In a democracy too. Outrageous.

Just like those people who didn't accept the original vote and kept moaning and complaining.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A vote on what our illustrious government has negotiated seems extremely sensible. We were to,d that we had all the cards once we triggered article 50, that this would be the easiest trade deal ever done etc. So let’s see the terms and take a vote.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Because your posts beggar belief. You decide you're the expert on the EU because your mum is Italian. You ask in all seriousness what benefits there are to EU membership. And you CONSTANTLY post this sort of utter tripe:

"Are remainers ever going to accept we are leaving, or will the moaning continue until you finally get what you want?"

And when you say "keep", you mean twice. I don't care if you never post on here again personally, but that's up to you if you're that much of a snowflake.

To be fair, you've posted some bollocks yourself. When I pointed this out, you conveniently ignored it, twice.

Generally speaking, the level of debate, from both sides, even now, is absolutely terrible. So much misinformation knocking about on social media, which people share and take as a given if it conforms with their view. You can even see it on NSC - people liking posts, depending on which side they are on, even if they are incorrect in terms of the facts.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A vote on what our illustrious government has negotiated seems extremely sensible. We were told that we had all the cards once we triggered article 50, that this would be the easiest trade deal ever done etc. Doesn’t seem that way from here but let’s see what they come up with and then take a vote.

This isn’t about best of three. The first vote was on ideals, now it’s on reality.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair, you've posted some bollocks yourself. When I pointed this out, you conveniently ignored it, twice.

Generally speaking, the level of debate, from both sides, even now, is absolutely terrible. So much misinformation knocking about on social media, which people share and take as a given if it conforms with their view. You can even see it on NSC - people liking posts, depending on which side they are on, even if they are incorrect in terms of the facts.

I accept that my figures on the number of non-voting UK citizens were way off the mark (although it's still fair to suggest that was a significant rump of people that could have influenced the result). I didn't reply because the thread had moved on by the time I read it, but it was a fair comment on your part. That's once though, what is the second example of me conveniently ignoring you?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This is a genuine question from a self-admitted Brexit novice. I find the arguing and tribalism so tedious that I switch off and go have a bit of cake instead.

Anyway, can someone answer this for me, what's the EU's incentive to get a deal.

Let's think of this as a football transfer. Say we all voted that the club MUST buy a striker. The club approach Team B and say "so, we kinda need one of your strikers". and team B say "well, we don't want to get rid of him at all. We have no interest in it".

Team B will only accept a HUGE offer because 1 - they know Team A are under pressure of a referendum to get a deal done and 2 - They have no interest in selling in the first place. They are happy as they are

So, with the EU not wanting us to leave, how are negotiations anything other than us getting royally ****ed and the EU doing wonderfully out of it?

Again, this isn't a loaded question but more curiosity as I'm sure there is a logical answer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here