Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The people who voted to leave the EU, knew full well they were voting to leave the EU. That's what the vote was, that's what we're getting.

This government is appalling, but their mistakes are not permanent... they will be fixed by future governments.

The key thing is that we are leaving the EU. Democracy is not continuously voting until you get a result you want. It's not best out of 3 either.
Spot on. Anathema to the ears of remainers of course, but spot on!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No, they have signed a deal to build subs for Australia. I apologise, I have credited you with far too much intelligence, perhaps you could ask an idiot to explain it for you in words a cretin could understand.

Are they building these subs out of the goodness of their hearts,a charitable gesture,perhaps?Or have they done a DEAL to TRADE their expertise for money,what normal,non-cretinous people call a trade deal.I don't expect an answer from you,as when you are wrong,as usual,you just resort to abuse.
Are you out on bail for the Broadway thing?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No matter how slowly you say something: if you write nonsense, it's going to make no sense.

Venial = denoting a sin that is not regarded as depriving the soul of divine grace, pardonable. (as opposed to mortal). For the life of me, I can't work out what a pardonable country is.

I suggest that you don't try to use words that you don't understand

I do know the difference between venal and venial,and if you think the French are sin-free in that trade deal then you are silly.I suggest that if you wish not to become a pathetic grammar nazi you shut up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I fail to understand how leaving can be good for the country, when we are told that plans are ongoing for food and medicine stockpiling, and,the army is being prepared to transport essentials around the country.

Oh, silly me, it's all Operation Fear.

If only it was.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When will people realise it doesn't matter who or what you vote for, you'll never be better off!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Wow! Apart from shouting like an angry buffoon, and prone to mindless name-calling, you appear to have difficulty understanding the word 'all'. :facepalm:

Easy girls, you both want the exact same thing.

Well, at least you both voted for the exact same thing (and if you wait long enough, you'll find out what it is :shrug:).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I fail to understand how leaving can be good for the country, when we are told that plans are ongoing for food and medicine stockpiling, and,the army is being prepared to transport essentials around the country.

Oh, silly me, it's all Operation Fear.

If only it was.

Last weeks chaos at Folkestone and Dover due to overcrowding and train failures could be an indicator of what is to come , remember, this is at a time when passport and vehicle checks are only cursory !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We have been embracing the EU for years. What has the average Brit got out of being a member of the EU?
Freedom to live and work in up to 26 other countries.
Freedom to retire to any of those countries
Freedom to go on holiday without visas safely - you are entitled to emergency healthcare all over the EU, and all dangerous airlines are blacklisted throughout the EU
Freedom to export without tariffs to anyone in those countries.
Cheaper goods from those countries.
Homogeny of consumer rights
More world-wide influence, as afforded to members of one of the world's big trading blocs.

Apart from that, nothing I guess.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Are they building these subs out of the goodness of their hearts,a charitable gesture,perhaps?Or have they done a DEAL to TRADE their expertise for money,what normal,non-cretinous people call a trade deal.I don't expect an answer from you,as when you are wrong,as usual,you just resort to abuse.
Are you out on bail for the Broadway thing?

No. A trade deal is a deal that covers how all trade will be done, a submarine supply deal is a contract to supply boats that go under water. I give the abuse because you are earning it, cockwomble.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Last weeks chaos at Folkestone and Dover due to overcrowding and train failures could be an indicator of what is to come , remember, this is at a time when passport and vehicle checks are only cursory !

But at least the passports are Blue.

RULE BRITANNIA!!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No. A trade deal is a deal that covers how all trade will be done, a submarine supply deal is a contract to supply boats that go under water. I give the abuse because you are earning it, cockwomble.

A Trade Agreement covers how all trade is done.A deal is a deal,you puffed up no-nothing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Freedom to live and work in up to 26 other countries.
Freedom to retire to any of those countries
Freedom to go on holiday without visas safely - you are entitled to emergency healthcare all over the EU, and all dangerous airlines are blacklisted throughout the EU
Freedom to export without tariffs to anyone in those countries.
Cheaper goods from those countries.
Homogeny of consumer rights
More world-wide influence, as afforded to members of one of the world's big trading blocs.

Apart from that, nothing I guess.

Yeah, but apart from that, what's the EU ever done for us.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We have enough issues internally already and that's during this so called boom period.Its time we created our own destiny instead of a bunch of anti British idiots in Brussels controlling us.
It's a long term strategy that will pay off :)

What boom period? We have had austerity for 10 years, just as it was looking like we could start paying off some of the debt, we go and vote to screw ourselves over further. We have gone from the fastest to the slowest growing developed country since the vote.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yeh? You need to check your facts before making silly statements like that!

Why would he change the habit of a lifetime?He's just a troll.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A Trade Agreement covers how all trade is done.A deal is a deal,you puffed up no-nothing.

It was a pity that France got the submarine contract and not us, but surely this doesn't mean that France has a free trade agreement with Australia any more than the fact that the UK sells a Range Rover to America every few minutes means that we have a similar agreement with the USA?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
But at least the passports are Blue.

RULE BRITANNIA!!!

What purpose do sarcastic statements such as this serve?

Clearly, most people care about passport colour. You are trying to imply that it's something that leavers care about, a significant benefit to leaving the EU (even though we didn't need to leave the EU to do it) - but in reality, it's not something that's important to most. It's a trivial issue.

That sort of tactic does nothing for good, reasoned debate. And it's certainly no way to persuade anyone to change their mind.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here