Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just sort of worry that the more money the club has at its disposable, the less discerning it may get in its signings.

Not wishing to be my usual contrarian but that's probably the only thing I don't worry about, esp while the current triumvirate are in charge.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It answer the question that CH will sign whoever he considers capable of doing the job that he requires irrespective of age and reputation so if a player released by a club is considered by him to be good enough he will sign him.

Well no, I think the Club now like to sign younger players that may improve and have some sell on value in a few years.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It answer the question that CH will sign whoever he considers capable of doing the job that he requires irrespective of age and reputation so if a player released by a club is considered by him to be good enough he will sign him.

Okay BG who do you think CH thinks is good enough apart from the 2 CB’s we have actually gone after / shown interest in (Moore and JOC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Okay BG who do you think CH thinks is good enough apart from the 2 CB’s we have actually gone after / shown interest in (Moore and JOC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know but who had ever heard of any of his signings like Sutner, Gross, Propper, Balogun Schelotto etc. as a 4th choice who would probably never make an appearance for us. possibly Collins West Ham or Robert Huith released by Leicester

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I dont know but who had ever heard of any of his signings like Sutner, Gross, Propper, Balogun Schelotto etc. as a 4th choice who would probably never make an appearance for us. possibly Collins West Ham or Robert Huith released by Leicester

You’re completely oblivious to how the club is being run now, aren’t you ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You’re completely oblivious to how the club is being run now, aren’t you ?

No I am not, but I wouldnt want to spend big money on somebody who may never play for us and thus jeopardise any possible purchases in January if they are needed. If you are expecting the incoming players to be serious competition for or better than Duffy and Dunk and Knockaert or Izyquierdo then fair enough bring them in..

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No I am not, but I wouldnt want to spend big money on somebody who may never play for us and thus jeopardise any possible purchases in January if they are needed. If you are expecting the incoming players to be serious competition for or better than Duffy and Dunk and Knockaert or Izyquierdo then fair enough bring them in..

That’s exactly what I’m expecting, not Liam effing Ridgwell.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

This is the Premier league not the Championship. We need a 25 man squad as strong as possible. Vast majority of teams in this league are very strong.

You mentioning Collins is a joke. Maybe about 6 years ago. He is finished,

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we take CH at his word are we going to have 4 for every position ie a squad of 44. No we are not we are having double up in each position ok plus an additional striker and gk so we already have a cover winger in March and a cover CB in Balogun so any others will be extra cover and probably only used in a cup game.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
If we take CH at his word are we going to have 4 for every position ie a squad of 44. No we are not we are having double up in each position ok plus an additional striker and gk so we already have a cover winger in March and a cover CB in Balogun so any others will be extra cover and probably only used in a cup game.

He said he wants 2 players for each position... not 4

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Oh for goodness sake.

4 wingers
4 CBs
4FBs
4 midfielders
Etc

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

How the hell have you come to that conclusion.

Jimmy Grimble

:lolol: Can't wait to see how this one ends

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry I misunderstood the implication of 4CBs and disregarded the fact that we have 2 CBs so he was meaning cover for each and every position ie expecting both, CB or Full Backs or wingers to be out at the same time so both needed covering. I was taking into account the chance of that happening is virtually nil so we needed 3 CB plus a 4th as an emergency rather than 4 equally proficient CB. and the same with wingers

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Sorry I misunderstood the implication of 4CBs and disregarded the fact that we have 2 CBs so he was meaning cover for each and every position ie expecting both, CB or Full Backs or wingers to be out at the same time so both needed covering. I was taking into account the chance of that happening is virtually nil so we needed 3 CB plus a 4th as an emergency rather than 4 equally proficient CB. and the same with wingers

You of all people after the near disastrous left back crisis should know we need plenty of cover

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol: Can't wait to see how this one ends

I'll save you the trouble.
The protagonist will mercilessly double down on his hole digging.
Everyone will eventually think 'why the flip am I bothering'.
The protagonist will assume that means he was right all along, then trundle off to do the same on another thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here