Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Only Rodriguez knows for sure, given it's possible that Bong misheard him. That's part of the problem - Burnley and WBA fans accusing Bong of lying, calling him a disgrace etc on Twitter, despite there being absolutely no evidence to suggest Bong made it up.

What I can’t understand from these accusations of lying is why would he make it up? What did Bong have to gain from falsely accusing someone of saying something? He wasn’t trying to justify retaliation, the referee was hardly likely to take any action on Bong’s say so, and there was no history of animosity between the players or teams.

It is obvious to anyone with half a brain that Bong either heard or thought he heard those words and immediately reported it. Sadly the next person to hear such a thing will now be less likely to do so.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"We" booed Bong because he accused one of our own as being racist. I know that it's looked upon as throwaway comment for some of you (and many others), but it's a really nasty thing to accuse someone of.

In the current climate calling someone a racist is very nearly looked upon as someone being vicious murderer.

Rightly or wrongly he was always going to get booed. He's no different to when John Terry, Ashley Cole, Owen Coyle etc got booed at our place.

What is so difficult about understanding the FA & Independant Committee report? We are satisfied the Gaetan Bong did not make a malicious accusation, nor lied.
That was very clear. Gaetan Bong was cleared. Jay Rodriguez was not proven.

Some Burnley fans decided they are judge and jury, so Bong must be punished.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This whole thing is bloody depressing.

To report it there and then on the pitch and maintain his certainty of what was said to this day.. I mean... Why wouldn't you believe that without a very good explanation from Rodriguez? Why would anyone ever assume that a professional would make up something like this? That he's lying?

The worst is that after this investigation, Rodriguez has come out looking innocent in many people's eyes and Bong guilty of lying. So, why the hell would the next person being abused bother to say anything.

"Shit he covered his mouth and I don't want get get stick for the rest of the season, I'll just MAN UP"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
- Burnley FC now have to issue a statement as to whether they have dropped Kick It Out or not, as it seems dead up there now.

- I shall right royally be BOOING the mouth-covering Rodriguez if ever he appears again at the Amex.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What do you think was said ? I think what the player did with his actions was so obvious that it couldn’t be racist. No one is that thick.

Really! He deliberately covered his mouth so no one could 'see' what was said. Why do that if you're just telling someone their breath smells, and why hide it if you immediately gesture with your other hand to emphasise that?

As for the issue of booing, I don't see that in itself as racist. For example, had there been a different situation, hypothetically that JR had inappropriately touched Bong which no one else had seen and Bong made a complaint then I would imaging the Burnley fans would still have booed him. They weren't booing him because he was black but because he made a complaint about 'one of their own'. If it was racist why did they not boo Jose?

Had there been any monkey chants then that is of course a different matter but I didn't hear any.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I didn't hear what CH said as I got back to the car just in time to here some divvy BHA fan on 606 but it sounds like he has done use no favours here and the prat of 606 just made it worse (we replied with "you're just a town full of racists" and they gave us homophobic abuse! As if that was something new and groundbreaking!). They've made the club look like a load of whiney little girls.

Hardly surprising Burnley fans will stick up for a lad that came through their youth setup.

Had the shoe been on the other foot then we would have done the same and I'm sure next time we play against a side with JR in it he will get booed by our lot. Nothing ground breaking or earth shattering just what happens at football.

Get over it folks.
about covers it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The camera didn’t catch it (all) because Rodriguez covered his mouth. You have zero knowledge of what he said - you know purely what he claims to have said (and Bong disputes).
As have you , and every other person on this thread , so quite why every body is ready to hang rodriguez is astonishing.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
When we played them during the General Election campaign of 2005, there was a big chimney right in the middle of the town with a huge banner on it “VOTE BNP”, summed everything up, possibly one of the most racist places I’ve visited.
Ever wondered about thwe cause of that from your ivory tower?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you bother to read Burnley fans take on it, they're adamant they're no racists.

A predictably unfunny, childish post by you.

A predictable set of posts actually. “You don’t know what it’s like”. Check. Area pedantry? Check again. Defending racism as Bantz? Checkola. Saying someone else had covered everything then piling in to the whole thread? Absolutely textbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I’ve read most of this thread, and anyone that thinks Burnley fans were booing Bong for any other reason other than race is an idiot. As CH said it is shameful to boo a player because he made a genuine complaint in good faith. Is this how we treat someone that makes a a race related complaint? Well you do in Burnley apparently.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
surely some zealot will pull you up on your use of 'coloured' :lolol:

Thing is we're coloured too, we're not white, we're a kind of off pink. So we have colour too.

Edit: Could you imagine if we were white, we'd look like our ceiling and blend in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here