Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Moving to Worthing

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patreon
May 30, 2014
Worthing
You need a decent pub within a 15/20 minute walk with an Indian, a Chinese, a chippie and a Turkish kebab shop all pretty close by. Also 5 minutes from a station so when you get back after a 4-1 home victory you’ve not to far to stagger. 5 minutes from the beach and a convenience store/off license should the unheard of happen and you run short of wine.
Off road parking is handy as well. Yep, I like East Worthing.

A decent kebabery in Worthing? Where? I've been looking for 14 years and usually have to settle for the ropey ones by the station.....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A lot of people criticising Worthing, but when I was last in Brighton, the amount of homeless people asking me for money meant I was glad to get the train back home after a night in the town.
Agree living in London the homeless don't say a word I find them to be pain in Brighton straight to the Amex now and back home again.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A decent kebabery in Worthing? Where? I've been looking for 14 years and usually have to settle for the ropey ones by the station.....

The one in Ham Road was ok a while back........ I take no responsibility for food poisoning though......... it is a kebab shop remember.

Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Jim's - been the business for 30 years or more.

Is the correct answer. Only place in Worthing that makes their own doner rather than buy in from a cash and carry. Also make their own koftes and marinade their own shish kebabs.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patreon
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Thanks for the kebab shop advice. Uncle Jim's is my usual haunt but will try Beaumonts and that one on Ham road. There is ne out on Tarring Road that has BHA in its name and that was not bad.....

Pickles

May 5, 2014

When I moved to Worthing about 25 years ago, I got my head kicked in massive outside one of those kebab station ones,

I'll only have KFC now.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I lived in Brighton for the first 29 years of my life and rarely visited anywhere west of Portslade but after my 1st kid was born 12 years ago Brighton became a little too expensive for us so we moved to Shoreham. Then kid number two arrived and we went further west to Lancing where we settled for a number of years and the kids started school there. Even at this point I’d still head back to Brighton to do any shopping etc as didn’t fancy Worthing at all... Four years ago kid number 3 arrived so again we moved west, to East Worthing. We rented a place near Selden road about 2 mins walk to the beach and Splashpoint. I absolutely LOVED it there! 5 min walk into town with all the cafes and bars, mini golf, the splash pad in the summer, always stuff going on. £1ph parking in the town center, I HONESTLY wouldn’t move back now, if and when I want to come home it’s 20mins on the train! Just bought our first house here and the kid number 1 just started at Bohunt which is a fantastic, forward thinking school and number 2 got informed just yesterday he’s also got in for September.

You’ll love it where you have chosen I have no doubt, it’s a great area! Good luck.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I lived in Brighton for the first 29 years of my life and rarely visited anywhere west of Portslade but after my 1st kid was born 12 years ago Brighton became a little too expensive for us so we moved to Shoreham. Then kid number two arrived and we went further west to Lancing where we settled for a number of years and the kids started school there. Even at this point I’d still head back to Brighton to do any shopping etc as didn’t fancy Worthing at all... Four years ago kid number 3 arrived so again we moved west, to East Worthing. We rented a place near Selden road about 2 mins walk to the beach and Splashpoint. I absolutely LOVED it there! 5 min walk into town with all the cafes and bars, mini golf, the splash pad in the summer, always stuff going on. £1ph parking in the town center, I HONESTLY wouldn’t move back now, if and when I want to come home it’s 20mins on the train! Just bought our first house here and the kid number 1 just started at Bohunt which is a fantastic, forward thinking school and number 2 got informed just yesterday he’s also got in for September.

You’ll love it where you have chosen I have no doubt, it’s a great area! Good luck.

And the football team and general set-up isn't bad either.............................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here