Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What can I say. Cycling coverage is shit in NZ.

Have you got shit internet coverage as well then? :wink:

Not sure why Nairo sat up for AVV today. He's clearly stronger than Valverde yet appears to be out and out working for him. I thought race situation would dictate who eventually got overall leadership here. Hopefully sense will be seen and all the talk is just that and Quintana gets the nod.

Anyone else catch nibali and his sticky car? Ridiculous!

I know he's not a favourite on here, but you have to feel for Nibs and crashes lately.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Blimey - I had 6 points after the first stage! Just shows what randomly picking people you've vaguely heard of can do!

Also, just seen Nibali's been kicked out. Not really surprising given the video above...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well that's another fantasy team up the swanny for me :rolleyes:

Real shame for the race as Nibs will always animate a race. Oh well, he can't really complain. I'm not excusing his actions, but that's classic case of trial by internet. Perhaps not quite that bad admittedly, but those sort of shenanigans go on in races all the time. With that video going viral the race organisers are really left with no choice, especially after what happened with Sepulveda in the Tour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lol:
I know I shouldn't but I always admire good old fashioned cheating, it's what pro cycling is based on.

With a stage win and the red jersey our resident proud Aussie will be along soon to tell us why the Vuelta has always been his favourite grand tour.
Gotta love him. (not meant sarcastically)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Nibali is a wrong 'un. If I was Froome, I'd have put him on his arse for lobbing a bottle at me. Doing what he did today right in front of other riders could only wind them up a treat. He needs counselling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not when he takes the piss like that.

Some quality team names and 'home' countries used in the fantasy league.
I'll have you know I was born in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and spent most of my childhood playing in the mountains/beach/desert/forest*

*delete as appropriate.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well this races' craziest stage occurs in one tiny little country. Why can't I be Andorran for three measly weeks? :)

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Crazy stage yesterday, where the hell does this leave Niballi and his career, great winner, why is this tour always so bonkers.

He signed for Astana. Surely that tainted him enough that he was expecting to retire at the end of his contract. It seems to me that since joining Astana he's become more desperate to find those extra seconds. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's got a good butcher, if you know what I mean.

The sad thing is I really liked him riding for Cannondale-Liquigas. Now I wouldn't trust him as far as Froome could throw him.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
That's a lovely looking bike that SB, only thing is that I'm not overly keen on the disc brake thing that's on it. What are ur thoughts on discs?

I'm still a bit unsure of the road discs thing (probably mostly an aesthetic thing) but this is a "gravel bike" so can't complain too much when the thing is designed to be chucked about off the smooth tarmac.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a lovely looking bike that SB, only thing is that I'm not overly keen on the disc brake thing that's on it. What are ur thoughts on discs?
My standard answer to electronic shifting naysayers is:-

'ah you say that now, but I bet you'll change your mind if you had a go with some'.
(Which is why I don't want to have a go)

I don't get that sense with disc brakes, as I've never felt properly let down by my brakes.
I had 'moments' last winter, but that was down to conditions and not specifically the brakes.

That review uses all the words I want to here and I don't really have any aesthetic hang up.

I'm in the process of seeing if Evans have a Jamis Renegade Expert in Sussex to look at.
Although I can't afford that either but it's less money I haven't got!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here