Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out of touch - help for tonight

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
In Shoreham for a few days, managed a rare visit to the Amex on Saturday. Easy trip by train, but tonight...

How awful are the trains for a match on a strike day?

Will probably try park and ride, but what time would I need to get to Mill Road or Lewes Road?

Or would I be better off getting a bus from Shoreham high street, or parking in central Brighton and getting a bus from there? Churchill Square?

Thanks! :mad:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Number 2 bus from Shoreham to racecourse and get P&R ? No idea how long that would take but just a suggestion :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Live on Shoreham and drive no evening games as trains so unreliable

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
anyone driving back to crawley/ifield area? Happy getting the train down there but may not attend tonight as the trains back are normally awful??

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If anyone was going to do that, then jumping off at Palmeira Square in Hove, and getting the 25 or 25x straight to the Amex should be a faster option. :)

Absolutely this. The number 2 takes forever to wind it's way around to the racecourse. Can be a bit of a wait for the park & ride bus from there too if you arrive at the wrong time. Normally plenty of buses on the 25x, and limited stop to Falmer Station.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thanks guys. Any thoughts on timing for the P&Rs, if I opt for that?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Mill Rd tends to be full about 1.5 hours before kick off, Lewes Rd about an hour. I think tonight the club are doing a P&R from West Hove Sainsbury's, you need to pre book it though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Mill Rd tends to be full about 1.5 hours before kick off, Lewes Rd about an hour. I think tonight the club are doing a P&R from West Hove Sainsbury's, you need to pre book it though.

Already full, so too late for that option.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Get yourself to Portslade Sainsburys and jump on the P& R bus. They only check the car reg tickets for the cars not the bus passengers ( at least last time they didnt! )

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Get yourself to Portslade Sainsburys and jump on the P& R bus. They only check the car reg tickets for the cars not the bus passengers ( at least last time they didnt! )

Thanks. Strangely enough, that's where I was when you posted! Just getting petrol, though. They might not check tickets, but as I don't have access to a printer, I didn't want to risk getting stuck. Would have probably been the best solution, but I decided to go to Mill Road early. Cheers.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Live on Shoreham and drive no evening games as trains so unreliable
[MENTION=2194]Oxy McFloppie-Tish[/MENTION], you would have thought he would offer a lift, if he lives IN shoreham & drives ON evening games... just saying.. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here