Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope Tony is as utterely distraught (privately) as I am

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't see anyone accepting it. I want to see loads at the Fans Forum giving the board a hard time about the mess that happened, especially when we were told it was all good at the beginning of August.

Yep this.

My question how have Ipswich, Derby, Brentford, Wolves, Boro and Watford done very well this season with no breaking of FFP and spending very little and NO ****ING PARACHUTE PAYMENTS. Im sick of hearing about parachute ****ing payments.

Are you (the board) prepared to admit that you royally ****ed up? Not "disappointed" but totally and utterly cretinously ****ed up. BIG ****ING TIME. All the way from willy waving over Ward to keeping Sami in a job for 2 months too long.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My question how have Ipswich, Derby, Brentford, Wolves, Boro and Watford done very well this season with no breaking of FFP and spending very little and NO ****ING PARACHUTE PAYMENTS. Im sick of hearing about parachute ****ing payments.

PS: Wolves received £16m in parachute payments this season.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
The appointment of Sami was a disaster. The recruitment in the last couple of years has been awful. Hopefully that is all behind us and lesson learned. My hope is that Chris Hughton knows this league in if he can buy another 5 players like Kayal we are in with a shout. He is one of our best players since we have been at the Amex.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I also hope Bloom hates every inch of himself, alongside the now rotten elements within me - the ones now longing for parrot bebeakings and lowering benefits caps to £18 per family per month along with out of date 84-packs of saltless Salt'n'Shakes - for the season almost finished. I plan to send him one of my fingers every month until he corrects his ways and our futures. What a bum shoveller.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I also hope Bloom hates every inch of himself, alongside the now rotten elements within me - the ones now longing for parrot bebeakings and lowering benefits caps to £18 per family per month along with out of date 84-packs of saltless Salt'n'Shakes - for the season almost finished. I plan to send him one of my fingers every month until he corrects his ways and our futures. What a bum shoveller.

Well lets hope he does. I shudder to think what you'll be typing with in 11 months time if he doesn't

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This, it's just a shame that if/ when we finally get to the premier league, it'll be after the feel good factor of the Amex has worn off, as it has been killed by this season, and it's not a new stadium anymore. Out of interest does anyone know when the '5 year plan' started???

Bloody hell we have a plan! :shrug:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
PS: Wolves received £16m in parachute payments this season.
PPS. What about the other club's listed? Bournemouth have shown us what can be achieved. Now we have to match them. This season is an almighty ****-up No matter how many times you attempt to defend the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep this.

My question how have Ipswich, Derby, Brentford, Wolves, Boro and Watford done very well this season with no breaking of FFP and spending very little
Have you got the figures for their wages for this year, and how much they've spent bringing players in??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This season is an almighty ****-up No matter how many times you attempt to defend the club.
This season was a disaster, I doubt chaileyj even disagrees with you. And he's not defending the club, he's just correcting people when they get their facts wrong.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This season was a disaster, I doubt chaileyj even disagrees with you. And he's not defending the club, he's just correcting people when they get their facts wrong.

Bloody [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] and his pesky facts! Why can't he leave NSC to get on with its whinge-fest without letting them get in the way?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well lets hope he does. I shudder to think what you'll be typing with in 11 months time if he doesn't

Are you suggesting MB is from Norfolk.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Yep this.

I have no idea about their approach to FFP. But, when I look at the clubs that you quote, then Ipswich, Derby , Boro and Watford have been established Championship clubs for some time. They have all had plenty of seasons of mediocrity before this season (and Derby late last season) but maybe have built solid foundations over that time.(they have all been in the PL in the not too distant past as well..) Brentford are having their 1st season in the Championship and have done well, like other clubs who have been promoted (we did OK in our 1st season!). Their challenge will be sustaining it, especially with changes in management, and maybe they will do well, like Bournemouth have done, but lets wait and see. Previuously promoted clubs have (I think) often been in the Championship for some time (Burnley, Leicester, Hull, Cardiff, Palace are recent examples), punctuated with the odd exception such as Southampton and Bournemouth who come through quickly, and some clubs who have been relegated from PL and gone back up again quickly (QPR, West Ham). Yes there are exceptions to all of those I quote, but the clubs you have compared us to are typically well established Championship Clubs who have been in the Division for a good while, building slowly. Clubs like Nottingham Forest, Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton, Sheff Weds, maybe even Leeds will have their time at some point too.. we will come again, if we continue to stay in the division, and by sticking with an experienced manager we may just do well again in the future....

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Yep this.

I have no idea about their approach to FFP. But, when I look at the clubs that you quote, then Ipswich, Derby , Boro and Watford have been established Championship clubs for some time. They have all had plenty of seasons of mediocrity before this season (and Derby late last season) but maybe have built solid foundations over that time.(they have all been in the PL in the not too distant past as well..) Brentford are having their 1st season in the Championship and have done well, like other clubs who have been promoted (we did OK in our 1st season!). Their challenge will be sustaining it, especially with changes in management, and maybe they will do well, like Bournemouth have done, but lets wait and see. Previuously promoted clubs have (I think) often been in the Championship for some time (Burnley, Leicester, Hull, Cardiff, Palace are recent examples), punctuated with the odd exception such as Southampton and Bournemouth who come through quickly, and some clubs who have been relegated from PL and gone back up again quickly (QPR, West Ham). Yes there are exceptions to all of those I quote, but the clubs you have compared us to are typically well established Championship Clubs who have been in the Division for a good while, building slowly. Clubs like Nottingham Forest, Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton, Sheff Weds, maybe even Leeds will have their time at some point too.. we will come again, if we continue to stay in the division, and by sticking with an experienced manager we may just do well again in the future....

The appointment of Sami was a disaster. The recruitment in the last couple of years has been awful. Hopefully that is all behind us and lesson learned. My hope is that Chris Hughton knows this league in if he can buy another 5 players like Kayal we are in with a shout. He is one of our best players since we have been at the Amex.

I'm hoping that in His job interview Hughton told toot and ploot " I'll get this pony outfit out of your hand crafted pile of shite on the understanding that I , not some clueless suit ,gets to say who I want to sign."
At which point the ****wit brothers nodded furiously.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PPS. What about the other club's listed? Bournemouth have shown us what can be achieved. Now we have to match them. This season is an almighty ****-up No matter how many times you attempt to defend the club.

I've seen 29 matches this season. We've won 8 of them. Its been bloody miserable.

Still doesn't change fact that Tony Bloom spent a fortune on Premier League/Tier 1 players last summer, other clubs have parachute payments which can give them an advantage but not always, spending money doesn't guarantee you promotion (although it sometimes helps) and Albion continue to spend more of it than most championship clubs , recruiting from L1 or via free transfers can often get you a promotion winning squad especially strikers, loan players likewise, or that selling players to the Premier League doesn't necessarily make much difference to your prospects and anyway all clubs do it, that Bloom has literally no chance of recouping his investment, his focus isn't the bloomin hotel, and that he and Barber have already apologised for this season and I suspect they will continue to do so because they are more open about what they do than nearly every other football board, that season ticket renewals are remarkably stable, our crowds are remarkably high, and no Piglets haven't changed the recipe for their pies, the club have never actually guaranteed promotion and that a mere 46 points and Leon Best not being able to score for toffee means the whole club is going to hell in a blue and white stripy handcart and that not one thing the club does, like for example impressively looking after school trips in the Shelf can't be praised without being accused of being some mad propagandist in the pay of Barber himself.

But yes. This season. Horrible.

PS: Whats with the B.W and the B.W 2 business ? Are you related ?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
E
Good old Albion. Core business activity: real estate. Secondary business activity: people-smuggling players into the Premier League, one or two at a time..

Crazy talk I know, but reckon the key to competing with clubs in receipt of very generous parachute payments might be to invest to get up there and grab some parachute payments of our own. Sound like a plan?

Yes it does. Are you stumping up the cash?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Albion's core business is paying the wages and fees of footballers. Nearly £500k a week on its squad.
I'm frustrated that we've finished 20th. And I'm frustrated that we've spent that fortune on a squad thats weaker than it looked.
But it doesn't mean Tony Bloom has spent £205m of his fortune to become a mad property developer. He's no chance of making anything back from the stadium, or the Academy. If he was a hotel developer then Falmer wouldn't be the best place to start.
Every time you say it , its an insult to the money he's put into the club and his commitment to turning this club round.
So why do you keep saying it when the facts don't stack up.

How on earth can Tony Bloom make a profit from selling the real estate he's built and to who if thats his core business . Please tell us .

Well bloody said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here