Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Sala [signed by Cardiff, confirmed to have been on missing aircraft]

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is such a dreadful saga, any suggestion that it was a mistake to even consider flying him to Cardiff last night is wide of the mark and lazy after timing.
Why? Sadly, in all probability now two people are dead, so therefore it was not a good decision, aka a mistake.

Was in the pub with a mate who had this week just put him in his fantasy team. Had to watch him go onto his phone and transfer him out when the news came through :facepalm:
I guess life goes on

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was in the pub with a mate who had this week just put him in his fantasy team. Had to watch him go onto his phone and transfer him out when the news came through �� ��
I guess life goes on

Thanks for that. When you die (I don't know you from adam) life will go on. :thumbsup:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
There are so many sad things about this story, but it’s such horrible way to go not only for the people involved but also for their families. They have to go throw two separate stages of grief - one when news reaches them that their loved one is missing and then again when the worst is finally confirmed. Or potentially worse still - they never get that closure.

Here’s hoping for a miracle, but sadly any good news now would be nothing short of that.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Was in the pub with a mate who had this week just put him in his fantasy team. Had to watch him go onto his phone and transfer him out when the news came through :facepalm:
I guess life goes on

A regrettable post that proves there's always someone who lacks the emotional intelligence to judge the mood and the moment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I listened to the half-hour feature on the Sala story on tonight's Radio 5Live. Just an awful story, so soon after the Leicester tragedy too.

It sounds as though Cardiff had made a decent signing there and with only a week or so of the window to go I can't see them getting anyone else in of that quality.

Thanks for that. When you die (I don't know you from adam) life will go on. :thumbsup:

Well that was an ironic comment on my drinking buddy’s too detached attitude to the news and the odd way some people process tragedy. But hey if you just want to have a go at me that’s fine too :shrug:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Awful news and thoughts are with family and friends.

As an aside his does it work for Cardiff, are players insured, I presume Cardiff hold the players contract and he has a value to the club. Sorry if anyone thinks it's poor timing to ask such a question however it would be hard on Cardiff to lose both a quality player and £15 million.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I don't want to cause controversy. I am still going to ask a question though. If he had not been hurried to report for training and involved for Cardiff immediately he wouldn't be in a pipa alpha mono engine. Just a thought.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't want to cause controversy. I am still going to ask a question though. If he had not been hurried to report for training and involved for Cardiff immediately he wouldn't be in a pipa alpha mono engine. Just a thought.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh arrived in a light aircraft. Not sure the point you are making. Many footballers use private light planes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Or perhaps amateur aviation is/was his hobby. It was a longish night flight for a lone pilot in a small and not very fast plane, so maybe he was just enjoying a chance to have a lesson/co-pilot the flight? Just a(nother) thought................. because none of us really have a clue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or perhaps amateur aviation is/was his hobby. It was a longish night flight for a lone pilot in a small and not very fast plane, so maybe he was just enjoying a chance to have a lesson/co-pilot the flight? Just a(nother) thought................. because none of us really have a clue.

A normal passenger flight from Nantes to Gatwick is only 45 minutes. A small plane won't be as fast as a passenger jet, but it isn't a long distance flight.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BBC Breakfast reporting Sala's family received a Whatsspp message from him whilst he was on the plane, expressing concerns about the plane breaking up.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
A normal passenger flight from Nantes to Gatwick is only 45 minutes. A small plane won't be as fast as a passenger jet, but it isn't a long distance flight.

For a single engine plane, Nantes to Cardiff is quite a long journey [close to 3hrs], but you can see why someone would chose a private plane over trying to do that journey any other way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here