Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's time to start saying out loud what we all feel

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I’d go along with that. For me the upgrade of both full backs is the biggest factor, Bernardo and Montoya are comfortably Premier League players, as are Dunk and Duffy. March and Montoya have developed a nice partnership whilst Bernardo and Locadia seem to have an excellent understanding. Hughton clearly trusts his back 4 as we’re seeing more and more attacking emphasis from Propper and Stephens. We also seem to be demonstrating some real tenacity, we have some real battlers in our team and even March is starting to put himself about physically.
From front to back we have a very good team, and I think Hughton knows, and more importantly I think the players know it. I’m actually very excited about where this squad can go.
The Propper/Stephens partnership has certainly improved over the past couple of games.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The "top 6" have been recognised and rooted in the PL for a few years now.
Is it at all possible for one of these to be replaced or a 7th club to join them?
I thought the season Leicester won the P/L that they may have broken into that select group but they have not sustained / maintained that level.
Could Brighton ever achieve that?

Yes we could. And we will. If you don't believe that right now, you have no football heart :rave:punk::thumbsup:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The most positive thing for me is that CH is starting to realise it. He's starting to adapt the team tactically to be more offensive and that's really positive as it shows he believes in the players at his disposal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
YES! I have the heart .........................................

...............sadly, the brain says different.

Bollocks to the brain. If I used my brain do you actually think I'd be on NSC right now chatting with you???

:shrug::wozza::lolol::thumbsup:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I have been saying its a team in transition and CH has been managing the new players carefully to ensure this transition is undertaken in a way that keeps the soul of the club, staying up is the single most important thing this year and for the foreseeable future, but a cup run might not be out of the question

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
2 things.

1) In the second half they had a goal kick, all their players were in our half but we had 3 (three) players in their half forcing them to kick long. I can't remember seeing that before.

2) I'm really looking forward to seeing our 'second' team sheet against 'muff in the cup. Wow what a squad we have now.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It has just occurred to me that we have taken more points from teams currently above us in the league than from teams below us. 14 - 11.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This was always going to be a very difficult season for Brighton but you should pretty chuffed with mid table. Your boys play as a team and the dressing room seems a close knit place. Home form is superb and the crowd is worth a goal a game.

Well pleased for you....just not at the expense of WHU on Wednesday please otherwise I get all sorts of obscene voicemails from Jack Straw :eek: :lol:

As long as you don't repeat April 2012 :)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yes we could. And we will. If you don't believe that right now, you have no football heart :rave:punk::thumbsup:

Most of us on here have blue & white striped blood in our heart.

If you believe we can [consistently] replace a top a top six side or become a 7th top six side, the follow-up question has to be when? 5 years, 10 years?
Does anything else need to change? e.g. home capacity of 50k, billionaire owner [possibly a foreigner] - as these traits are common in the existing top six ....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

If you believe we can [consistently] replace a top a top six side or become a 7th top six side, the follow-up question has to be when? 5 years, 10 years?
Does anything else need to change? e.g. home capacity of 50k, billionaire owner [possibly a foreigner] - as these traits are common in the existing top six ....

We've already got a billionaire owner.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Good questions. I think the best answer is this. Tony Bloom is a competitor. He isn't the sort of person to sit on a mid table money tree. He's also a rare bird - a gambler who wins. I doubt that even he is quite sure of the shape of the thing to come, but I'm sure there is a thing to come....

Let's not get too complacent. Last season AFCB were in a significantly better position than we are now, but then embarked on a lean run which sped them towards the mire before recovering.

What? We have EIGHT more points than Bournemouth did after 20 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This troubled me somewhat as it had me questioning my memory. I'm 60 and have noticed the years rolling by increasingly quickly over the last generation but I was pretty stunned to realise this process had accelerated to the extent that the event that I remember actually happened two years ago, not one. So, it was season 2016-17 that AFCB were in a significantly better position after 20 matches than we were at the same stage this season (9th v. 13th), although the points totals were identical. AFCB then gained a solitary point from the following six games that season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This troubled me somewhat as it had me questioning my memory. I'm 60 and have noticed the years rolling by increasingly quickly over the last generation but I was pretty stunned to realise this process had accelerated to the extent that the event that I remember actually happened two years ago, not one. So, it was season 2016-17 that AFCB were in a significantly better position after 20 matches than we were at the same stage this season (9th v. 13th), although the points totals were identical. AFCB then gained a solitary point from the following six games that season.

I am also 60. Sorry to agree - yes time speeds past faster and faster now. My theory is a year feels like whatever % it is of your age. So a year now feels one tenth as lomg as it did when I was 6, and twice as long as it did when I was 30. I'd say that's about right. If you don't pay attention it starts to feel like every day is groundhog day.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here